First Grow From Beginning to End

It is not as detailed nor as interesting (in my opinion) but here is a link to my clone grow journal if you are interested @WonkaMan :

1 Like

Happy anniversary, @dbrn32. Plus it is the first day of summer, woohoo!

1 Like

Happy Anniversary too @dbrn32!

I immerse for 6 minutes; completely submerged. Then rinse and hang to drip dry before putting in the drying racks.

4 Likes

Thx, @Myfriendis410, I suspected that I should soak them a while but was nervous about it. No mold or mildew problems but this is an easy and cheap insurance policy.

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly, @merlin44. Very well documented, seed to cure. I’m confident anyone that can read, can grow. I forget your exact wording, but it wasn’t far off from me saying I hadn’t grown anything but a beard in years. I struggled, same as everyone, at first. And I still learn daily. But seriously, you make this look as easy as it should look. Also, thanks for asking all the good questions that are rarely addressed! Outstanding first grow, buddy!

Oh, on the smell, or lack thereof…I can’t speak for Gold Leaf, or ILGM genetics at all yet, but the White Widow I grew had the same issue. I agree with it having been dried too quickly, as my Lemon Skunk smelled and tasted very strong, and the high backed it up. I did some googling about it and read that White Widow isn’t known for it’s smell or flavor. It’s supposedly not a strong smeller even once cured, compared to others anyway.

4 Likes

Wow, thank you, @elheffe702, high praise indeed. You humble me with your kind words, thank you, again. Wow…

Great information on the aroma issues that I asked about. Good to know that expectations, in this regard, should be low for white widow.

I am so eager to get the Clone Army done so that I can start from seed again. I have learned so much from you folks and my plants. I am certain to do a better job now that I have a solid base to start from.

1 Like

To dry it slower, should I keep a higher ambient rH (my drying room is at 50%) or is there some other technique to slow it down? @elheffe702.

It is worth noting that all of my buds have been in jars with 62% boveda packs for 4 weeks. I have Hygrometers in the jars and it is quite stable at 62%. It took several weeks to get it down that low as it wanted to be closer to 68% when first jarred. I didn’t put the boveda packs in until the rH was stable at 62%. Didn’t see the point.

Hey Merlin, you did amazing buddy. Congrats and you got another crop from clones…I’m so jealous.
I’ve been enjoying the fruits of the growth, just wanted to drop by to say high!!!LOL

3 Likes

@ReMoLu, great to hear from you. Thank you and well done yourself, enjoying the fruits is a great reward. Thanks for dropping in, buddy. It is great to see you.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you could actually do much better! You are too hard on yourself! You did super fantastic and this was only your first grow! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

And what a kick it was. I can’t wait to start over again. I am like a little kid waiting for Santa.LOL

2 Likes

You can hang the whole plant, or larger chunks. You can dry trim. You can leave the fan leaves until you trim. 50% sounds right on. You could bring it up a little and that would slow things down, too. Less airflow around the buds, but too little will risk mold. Lots of ways to skin a cat.

1 Like

I’m just reading the post about the boveda packs and that…I would skip the boveda packs until your jars are already at 62ish%, so the packs themselves don’t absorb smells and gooey goodness.

2 Likes

That is what I did…for the very reason that you give. Thanks for the guidelines on slowing the dry, your ideas will bounce around in my head for the next two months or so and then I will try a slower dry on the Clone Army. Will be able to compare to the exact parent plant buds to see if things improved.

2 Likes

That is a good thing to do with your clone army, experiments and such, since you have a good control now.

1 Like

Hey @raustin,

Do you still have plants growing in your bedroom?

How was the smell in flower? I’m growing in mine also and I’m curious to know how it will be come flower smells.

1 Like

I use peat pots and drop the whole pot into 2nd home. Usually 1 gallon then after 4-6 weeks of growth (branching) I drop them into permanent 5 gallon pots. Usual plant heights for me are 4-5 feet. They spread about 4-5 feet wide without SCROG. This grow I’m doing a SCROG to encourage even canopy and have better control of width or spreading.

3 Likes

Civil engineer over here

2 Likes

Yes, it’s still in my bedroom, about four feet from my bed. The smell is minimum, but I can definitely smell the plants when they’re in flower and I have a pretty good carbon filter. Personally, I like the smell.

3 Likes

Even with the carbon filter, I became nose blind. I could open the tent and they kinda had some nice mild stink. Friends would come by with bags of bud and say, have a sniff, it’s great shit. Still nothing with my nose in the bag. The only time I ever smelled the true stink from my plants or any weed in general was after being away from the house for several hours.

4 Likes