First Grow ever Need lots of Help

Sounds perfect. :v:

1 Like

@Graysin I wished I had words to explain how much I appreciate all of your help!!! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Any time, my friend. You know that. :sunglasses::100:

2 Likes

@Graysin How large is your autopot resevoir and how long will it approximately last with 4 small plants?

1 Like

The 12 gallon reservoir that came with the 2 pot setup - I used that for some time and it lasted 5-7 days usually.

I upgraded to 32 gallons via a cheap trash can from Lowes and it feeds 9 pots for nearly two weeks.

1 Like

That’s super!!! I was going to look into a 30 Gallon. I have the 12.4 gallon right now. @Graysin thanks so much for the Info!

1 Like

How does it work with feed when using an autopot system? Do you just use water then feed separately or just mix it in the reservoir tank and monitor the PH as time passes to make sure it doesn’t jump?

2 Likes

Graysin is a life saver. His advice has taught me things that i see professional cannabis growers using those techniques daily. He has saved me thousands of dollars from lights to feed, etc etc. ILGM should send him some seeds( even though he is the seed guru lol) just as a thank you for being such a positive influence in their forum. Keep up the awesome growing!

2 Likes

Hi … I’m new at this and just wonder if this looks ok at 8 days old … ? Thank you … :blush:

2 Likes

If you’re using something hydroponics-friendly (General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients, Jack’s 3-2-1, etc), then I just mix my nutrients in 5 gal increments and add directly to the reservoir.

For example, right now I’m adding my “Part C” or Epsom Salts in my Jack’s formula to 5 gallons of water. I have enough Epsom for 15 gallons because that’s how much I’ll have in there total (5gal part A, 5gal part b, 5gal Epsom)

Here’s my reservoir.

My PPMs after mixing

And my pH.
Yikes. Here comes some pH down

Since my reservoir is 32 gallons, I really only fill it up all the way when I leave town. That helps me keep fresh stuff flowing while I can check in once every couple of days.

3 Likes

They look great for 8 days!

You ready to up-pot them? They look to be about at the spot where I like to get them into larger containers.

For what it’s worth, try to take pics outside of the blue/red grow lights. They make it hard for us to see if anything is creeping up on you like a nutrient deficiency or excess. :v: Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I am fairly new at this so how do I “up pot” them ? Sorry for the novice question. I will take pictures in normal light when I come back from work. Thank you again … :blush::pray::100:

2 Likes

I think it’s usually just called “transplanting” in normal garden terms. We tend to up-size the pot (from a solo cup to a 1, 3, or 5 gallon, usually when talking about indoor grows).

The general process, how I do it anyway, is to select the size of pot. I recommend a 3 or 5 gallon fabric pot. If this is an autoflower, I’d go straight for a 5 gallon, because they tend to only be able to handle 1 transplant in their lifetime. Not always true, but a good rule of thumb.

Once you pick your pot, fill it 2/3 of the way with your preferred medium. I use pure coco coir, most people use coco coir & perlite, or soil (Coast of Maine is excellent, fox farms soil not much lately). Set an empty solo cup in the pot and start to fill around the cup, that way you’ll have a hole the size of your existing plant & soil. Once the pot is full up (except where the solo cup is), remove the empty cup.

Sprinkle Mycos, Great White, DynoMyco, etc etc - your preferred rooting aide and microbial products, if any - inside the hole.

Gently flip your plant upside down so she slides out of her cup. If you can, sprinkle more rooting aide on her root ball/the soil. Then, carefully flip her right side up and into the hole you have inside your bigger pot.

Water liberally with purified, distilled, reverse osmosis, or de-chlorinated tap water.

Allow to rest for 2-5 days while she recovers from transplant shock.

1 Like

Graysin is definitely a life saver!!! He has led me through all my trials and errors and I could not ask for a better friend on here! He is such a great person!!!

2 Likes

@Graysin what type of PH and TDS meter is that in your pics?

Btw welcome to the forum. A ton of amazing information here. You also happened to come across one of the best this forum has to offer. Graysin.

2 Likes

BlueLabs. They were kind of pricey, but it has a built in calibration reminder (there’s a little check mark in the corner if it’s calibrated, after 30 days it disappears to remind you it’s time to calibrate). I also don’t actually calibrate all that often, on account of I haven’t really seen the accuracy drift much (at least from the ppm meter - the pH meter gets it once every 30-45 days anyway).

@FloridaSmoke between you and @VOL4LIFE my head’s going to be too big to fit through the doorway

2 Likes

You deserve all the compliments you get! Thanks for the info regarding the meter!

2 Likes

My job told me where they buy all the good stuff locally. What a blessing. Autopot system in two weeks. Clones in 4-6 weeks. Then off to the races. A couple autoflower bruce banner in the back.

2 Likes

Aw yeah :v::100::sunglasses:

1 Like