First Grow ever Need lots of Help

I cant wait to start my autopots back up again!!

Congrats on your new system!!!

@Graysin can you provide me with a link to the type of Blue Lab EC and PPM meter you bought?

1 Like

Sure.

Enjoy. :grin:

1 Like

Bluelab is what we use at work. I use Aphera Ph20 i believe it is. The bluelabs are nice. Worth the money.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the meter info!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I am going to go with the Blue Labs meter

2 Likes

@Graysin Did you buy 2 different meters?

1 Like

One is a ph tester the other is a conductivity tester. I believe he owns both but yeah there are two pens to buy

1 Like

Yep exactly.
@VOL4LIFE for what it’s worth, they do in fact have a combo meter that does both, it’s just $200 instead of $100 twice. I had to buy one, wait a bit, then buy the other. If you can spring for the combo meter, that’s just one gadget to keep track of.

2 Likes

The conductivity one is 62$ right now.

2 Likes

I just ordered both because both are cheaper than normal right now, and they are that good of a product.

2 Likes

Thanks sooooooo much!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the Info!

1 Like

Got myself a resevoir. Should work no?

1 Like

Should work. You might want to spray paint it black so light can’t get in and grow algae.

Edit: smarter plan yet - spray paint matte black, let dry, then spray paint white.

Sounds stupid but the extra layer of black will make it opaque and the white will keep it from absorbing light (and thus heat).

I have a 60 gal mixer made of the same plastic, I absolutely can see light through it.

4 Likes

@Graysin Does your reservoir have a film on top of it if it has set for a while? I just poured mine out because of a film but it has only been sitting for a week. Is a film normal?

1 Like

@Graysin here are pics…when should I turn the autopot back on

Yeah, it’s pretty normal for me. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. @Nicky @Growingforothers @Not2SureYet maybe others know more about the reservoir and whether the algae scum is alright. I sort of assume it’s fine but I won’t swear it.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the Info @Graysin!

1 Like