First Grow ever Need lots of Help

That seems low to me. Sorry, I sort of operate in PPMs (500 scale) - I’m understanding .89 EC to mean approx 450ppms.

You’re in coco so your plants don’t get supplemental nutrients from the medium. I would feed a bit heavier than that - I’d probably be aiming for 800-900ppms (EC around 1.6-1.8) and watching the next day to see if they show any signs of nute burn. I’m willing to bet they won’t, but it’s good to have an eye on it.

Oh. I just realized you’re in coco (after typing it out :man_facepalming:) you want a PH of 5.8-ish, not as high as you’d be doing in soil. Coco is much more a hydro medium in terms of which scales/charts to follow.

Also going to tag in @Hellraiser because he’s the coco pro - he’ll correct me if I’m saying something stupid.

4 Likes

Thank you sooooooo much! I will feed heavier and Lower the PH.

1 Like

Certainly! If no ones said it yet, be sure to have CalMag or Epsom salts on hand - FF nutes don’t have enough calcium or magnesium in them, especially for soilless mediums. I’m willing to bet it’s the first deficiency you’ll see crop up (although it’s pleasantly easy to treat). :v:

2 Likes

Sorry I also used Cal Mag when I watered.

1 Like

Good. That’s the bit I skipped for way too long using FF. Got some really weird growth for it. :rofl: if you’re already using it then you’re ahead of the curve and a heavier hand with the nutes should get you there easy.

1 Like

The lowish ec right now probably not as critical as the ph. You will want to get ph down right away, you can slowly bring your ppm up.

As a side note, you’ll probably want to get a bit product like mosquito bits coming.

2 Likes

@Graysin yes sir my water read 0-3 ppm im using Wegmans purified water and a few other brands of spring water. I’m just using the bottled water we drink so whatevers on sale that week. My plants seem happy maybe a lil over watered I feel bad leaving them dry overnight all my waterings were weak around a 1/2 bottle of water a day. I’m not watering them today I’m going to stop before something bad happens like root rot. I’m confused about my pH and the blue meter, I have no idea what number is good/bad. For pH SoHum says 6-6.5ph is ideal I’m in high 7s (if my meters working right). Do I have to get the pH up n down to get my pH right? My cc was hacked this AM I have less then $20 and they robbed me.

No, you can use citric acid, white vinegar, or lemon juice to PH Down.

You can use baking soda or dolomitic lime to PH up.

Yeah this is a hard habit to break but to your point, all you’re doing by keeping the soil constantly damp is promoting growth of stuff that doesn’t help your roots and ultimately leading to rot.

4 Likes

Okay I my PH was 5.8 this time and the EC was 1.68

3 Likes

Very good!

1 Like

Thx @dbrn32!

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Graysin @Not2SureYet @oldmarine

A couple of my plants leaves are slightly drooping and bent. Any ideas about what is causing it?

1 Like

I think all of my plants look like this at this size lol.

3 Likes

Agree with dbrn’s analysis. New plants kinda just look like this sometimes. But I can tag in @Budz cuz he sees stuff I don’t as a newbie grower.

1 Like

I’m no expert but I did grow a few auto flower this past summer outdoors. They grow so fast that I don’t recommend transplanting them. That causes at least a small shock to be plant.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @tisdmontoo

1 Like

Welcome a @tisdmontoo .

And this thread is covered. Thanks for the tag though @Graysin

Only tip I didn’t see was to ring feed. Since this appears soil and looks like a splat of water. But that’s a general recommendation. It’s not what I do. I splat too. Just measured. lol

1 Like

@Graysin @oldmarine @Oldguy @dbrn32 @anyone I need help again please🙏🏼 what is up with my plants are they flowering already? There so small, should I put my HPS bulb in now? Idk what’s happening looks like flower to me but it’s so early still freakn stupid autos never again smh.

I planned on using my nets there not even sticking out above the pot yet. I’m only going to get a 1/8 wow lmao

5 Likes

Haha, ahhh don’t count them out yet. Those look like pistils, yeah, but I’ve got 2 photoperiod clones that were cloned pre-flowering and they’re showing me pistils now because of their age.

I am chuckling because one of my last surviving plants from my 5 starters is an auto that I thought “like hell this will be worth growing out” and did it anyway. She’s stacking nicely. It’s gonna be 12” of solid bud before she’s done. It won’t be incredible but it’ll be worthwhile.

Yours are still way younger than mine when mine decided it was done stretching. Just be attentive to them and honestly maybe dim the light just a smidge - I can’t tell if it’s just the strain but your upper nodes (where you installed the new light I suspect) are looking a bit tight. Granted, you’ll wanna keep a close eye because in the next few days you may need to crank it back up to stop her from stretching to the upper reaches of the grow space.

2 Likes

Thnx your so awesome. So I shouldn’t put the hps bulb in yet or switch light schedule right just dim it down a bit?

1 Like