First grow; bag seed (Dead Head OG, Chem Dawg, 2 Blue Dreams)

This is the runt of the group. The one my husband just couldn’t get rid of. She is very small compared to the rest but she’s already flowering lol. Here is a pic of her top

1 Like

I would say let the plants tell you what they need
And. Ya, if the leaf looks useless ya I just get rid of them.
And by the way your plants look awesome.

B Safe
Will

1 Like

Thank you! I was trying to show the curve in them too from the training.

I had a question. I found 1 branch on a blue dream that was Hermie. I cut it off right away and I’ve looked at the rest of her branches thoroughly and that was the only branch. Should I be OK or do I have to throw out the whole plant?

Keep an eyel on her you mite get lucky and that will be the end of it. Cause usually there everywhere on the plant.

Just my opinion

B Safe
Will

2 Likes

What do u think this may be? I have a few leaves like this

Thankfully it was just on the one but I’m definitely keeping a very close eye.

Do you have a magnifying glass to get a better look. If not try to get one quick so you can better indemnify what’s going on

Will

I do have a small loupe but its not great. Also it looks like gold marks or something

So, update on the BD that was a hermie. I had to take her out of the tent because it spread to just more then the one branch. So I have a question about this. I have her in a bathroom now that is solely for her and I have 7 cfls totaling 156 watts. Does anybody know if this will be enough to still have a decent yield off of her?

Are they mainly on the bottom branches. If so kit cut them off.

Not completely sure of the “term” that is used here, but just to throw in my 2 cents worth.

it’s not un-common to find a male flower or 2 on a predominantly female plant, its happened to me twice, and after examining the entire plant, I noticed it was only on the one branch, so clip, off it went, the plant was just entering the preflowering stage, when I noticed it. the plant was about 3 feet tall and it was one of the lower branches, that was showing a male flower cluster begining, the rest of the entire plant was sporting female pistols/hairs, cutting off that one branch was all I needed to do, the plant continued to “bud” and everything was just fine.
so its hard to say whether your plant actually was a hermie or just one of those freaks of nature things,
but with what you’ve said, that it was only on the one branch, i’m leaning towards what I said above.

Just my thoughts,

B Safe
Will

1 Like

Mrs Tito

SOMETIMES if you cut the balls off a hermie, you can actually make the plant Fmale again. If it keeps growing balls, then it is determined to be what it is.

Hermies are FEMALE plants (they produce flowers/buds) that have also produced Male pollen sacks…
either through genetic “failure”
(actually a success- natures way of ensuring pollination)
OR Though stressing a female plant.
They are not males…

I’m not suggesting anyone can turn a hermie back into a FEMALE–
but hermies DO produce BUDS just as “normal” females do–
but because they produce pollen sacks , they also pollinate themselves–
therefore:
if you remove the pollen sacks, there is no pollen–
therefore you get no seeds in your buds!
Whether or not you remove the sacks, it will still get buds–
you just have to decide whether it is worth your time & effort to clip em every couple days to get seed free smoke!!!

IF it is around other “true Females”… move it regardless-- just incase you miss a few sacks—
or cut it & use it for- baked goods, hash, oil…etc…

B Safe
Will

1 Like

Yes shes beautiful with hair but had a few balls on every branch. I’ll upload a pic in a few. And I did move her away shes now in a bathroom all for herself lol. I pulled off all the balls I could find I just don’t trust her around my other true females. Do you think she’ll be ok with the lighting I mentioned above?

This is what I use for my seedlings and new clones. Very inexpensive now I paid $19.95 and I have 3. I also use them for side lights in my tents.
I think for the money you would be better off with just one of these.
Thought I would give you another option.
Home Depot
Give it a look I think you will agree They have the one’s that fit like a regular light bulb.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmart-300W-Equivalent-Soft-White-Spiral-CFL-Light-Bulb-ES9M68RP/203249991

B Safe
Will

Sorry I’ve been busy everybody but I am worried about one of the girls. I think she may have got nute burn can anyone give some input?

That is totally cool that you and your husband grow together. Keeps the relationship fresh when you share accomplishments together. Your plants look good ! Keep up the good work. It seems we never really run out of problems, no matter how careful we are. If your plants look like Nute burn, flush them or stop all food, use pH water and see if they recover. I know they are flowering but the risk of killing the plant is much higher than slowing down growth.

At least these are Fem and not Auto, with Auto you would have a lot of lost time that cannot be made up. With Fems, you can let them grow a little longer to make up for the shock of the flush. You might want to get MacG or Latewood in on this

Good luck on your grow

Jerry

1 Like

I was pretty sure that she was talking about pruning. I just added in that most books I have read say that taking clones during flowering is not recommended. :blush:

Take care and be safe

Jerry

1 Like

I made my first mistake as a lgrower- that’s right- overwatering. My tiny leaves turned yellow and began to droop, sending me into an all-out panic. Luckily, after a little bit of research, I was able to save my seedlings and correct the overwatering issue.
This weekend I encountered my second hurdle as a flower- nutrient burn.

Nutrient burn occurs when the roots are pulling in more nutrient than the plant can use, resulting in brown or yellow “burns” on the tip or edges of your leaves.
A number of things can result in nutrient burn (soil with high levels of nutrients aka “Hot Soil”, and nutrient additives are common culprits); I have been 0 bottled nutrients to my grow and I thought it would provide the extra oomph that my plants needed. I followed the instruction perfectly, but after doing some research I discovered how difficult it can be to add the correct amount of nutrients- following the instructions on the bottle may be more than enough. Lesson learned!

More is better, right? At least, that’s what I used to think. Plants need nutrients to grow bigger and stronger, but plants also need light! Nutrient burn decreases the leaves’ surface area which decreases the amount of photosynthesis occurring in your plant.

An overabundance of nutrients affects your plants’ ability to process light for energy to grow (photosynthesis), and it can ultimately have an effect on the overall yield.
Your plant is less likely to spend energy replacing a sick leaf if it is experiencing nutrient burn during the flowering stage. Instead it will conserve its’ energy for the production and thickening of buds; which, if left untreated, can affect the taste of your buds- adding a chemical-like taste.

Luckily, if you notice any yellow or brown, dry spots on the edges or tips of your leaves early enough, fixing the problem is relatively easy. All you need is pH’ed water (if you’re growing in soil)! This process is called flushing.

Step 1: Place the plant (which should still be in its’ container) over a sink, or in an area that has appropriate drainage abilities.
Step 2: Begin pouring your nutrient-free water onto the soil until water begins draining out of the planters’ drainage holes.
The fluid draining from the pot will have a yellow/brown hue, this is normal when your plant is experiencing nutrient burn.
Step 3: Continue pouring the nutrient-free water onto the soil until the fluid being drained looks clear. Once the water draining from your plant looks clear, stop pouring water and let your plant sit over the bucket or drain for approximately an hour (as it will continue to drain the water in the soil)

Personally, my plants stopped draining water after approximately 30 minutes, but that may be due to the high porosity of my growing medium.

After successfully flushing your plants, place them back in your grow room and wait a few days before adding nutrients to your water (if you decide to resume adding nutrients be sure to only add ½ the dose of nutes).

It is important to note, signs of nutrient burn won’t go away after flushing your plants. If your leaves were showing signs of nute burn before flushing (yellow/brown spots, dry brown or yellow edges, etc.) then you may consider trimming them if the majority of the leaf is affected. This is one of the reasons why it is critical to recognize nutrient burn in its’ early stages.

I hope this helps and encourages other newbie growers, feel free to ask questions or leave advice as I continue my journey!
Having a pic would have been better!

B Safe
Will

so I’ve been trying since I posted yesterday but I can not for the life of me upload any pics. Is anybody else having this issue? I’ve tried from 2 different phones and my computer.

Ok so I finally got it lol. This is the girl I’m worried about. Look at how her leaves are down and also like yellowing ever the new little leaf growths. And yes she is very little this is the one my husband couldnt get rid of lol. She’s done really well though in flower up until now.