Finally got the go ahead from the Mrs

Problem child is back. What’s causing this? It looks like it’s only on that leaf and it’s node partner leaf. I’m worried the new growth might have it to though. Her sister is freaking thriving which makes me think it’s at least not me since they’ve been given the same care.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t read the q and a part. Love the name problem child

1 Like

Talking about the color on the leaf?
That’s the nute charge in the FF soil! It’s potent stuff! LOL!
I had the exact same thing when I used Happy Frog. The plant is tough so she can take it as long as you don’t offer more feed right now.
Stick with plain water and the Recharge weekly for the first month then start thinking about feeding.
The Recharge has no NKP so it’s not feeding the plants but the microbes it grows are helpful for the plant to regulate nutrient uptake. It’s kinda like a server in the restaurant who has the balls to tell you you’ve had too much and cut you off! Maybe not quite that harshly, but they do help the plant regulate the uptake. LOL!
She’s still looking good and healthy otherwise!

1 Like

Haha that’s not really what I named her but it’s about to become her name!

@Tylersays I’ve been feeding 100% jacks for the last couple waterings :grimacing:. I figured once I saw the cotyledons turn yellow I was good to go. Thing is even the little blue mystics are getting 100% jacks and they are loving it. It’s just her. She sucks lol. I’ll baby her a little for the next couple waterings thanks for the advice. She just needs to realize she isn’t a baby anymore lol

2 Likes

From what I understand your soil is heavy and will be good for 4 5 weeks on nutrition. In the other hand I also go full strength Jack’s but I’m on a different soil

1 Like

It was recommended to me that I go full from the get go because FFOF isn’t hot soil it’s hot garbage, lol. I took that advice. It’s working out besides this one plant.

1 Like

Jacks is probably fine to use, but if you start seeing excessive discoloration maybe ease off a couple of waterings.
It’s a delicate balance but they generally can take a lot more than we think.
It’s also a delicate balance between helicopter parent and Tiger dad! LOL!

Combine that with the plant who’s growing mostly under the soil now and the wait can seem forever! LOL!
They’re getting good size on them and will take off in the next week or two as the growth moves to the top.
Then we get to talk about topping and FIMming and LST vrs HST - all that good stuff!
And then you snap your first branch! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Happens to EVERYBODY!! LOL!

1 Like

Ima vote for hst

2 Likes

I like the old top and LST combo! LOL!

1 Like

I think I’ve settled on doing 3 in 5 gal pots in my 3x3 tent. The 2 afghans and I’ll pick the healthiest blue mystic. Any training tips you guys want to throw at me I’m all for it. I planned on topping and I bought those lst thingys I’ve seen @Nicky use I think. Just bends the branches. But hey I’m all ears. Let’s do this!

1 Like

I would say you better going with 3gallon pots give em more space to spread. I use 3gallon fabric pots on my 2.5x5.5 and 2 gallon of my 2.5x2.5 tents

1 Like

That’s the spirit!!

Seriously though, any thing short of literally cutting her off at soil level she can recover from!
All of it makes for a stronger more productive lady!

1 Like

That sounds about perfect. If I do 1 or 2 in the 2x4 next go they’ll be in 5g Rain Science bags. If I get adventurous and do 3 or 4 they’ll be in 3g.
I hope to have the autos done so I can cut clones from whatever i go with and do 9 - 1g bags in the 2.3x2.3 LOL! A mini SoG!

1 Like

Ok cool I actually have 3 gallon pots coming soon. Here’s my dilemma. I already transplanted 2 of them into 2 gallon pots to get them ready for 5 gallon pots. @Tylersays i should be ok to do a very gentle transplant. How about I do the 2 afghans that are already in 2 gallon pots and put both the mystics in 3 gallon pots. Would that fit ok?

1 Like

These are my girls that are in 3 gallon

2 gallon

1 Like

Hold off transplanting until you have all the bags and just open them up and see how they’ll fit in there. You might be able to get them in there comfortably.

Don’t forget to allow for saucers or something to catch run off too.
hell - you could cut cardboard circles out of a trash box and see if you can get them arranged comfortably.
Remember though the plants can get mighty bushy so allow for air flow and circulation.
A lot of that will come from pruning the leaves later in the cycle too.

There’s a lot to take into consideration in a confined space.

1 Like

Is there a way to DM people on here?

TBH I’m not sure. i think you can send private messages but maybe not. LOL!

1 Like

Only moderators can pm

2 Likes

I’ll be reading your journal as I’ve done so many others. I’ve read so many journals and have so much good book marked information. This forum does a great job at letting you organize bookmarks. Thanks man