Finally got the go ahead from the Mrs

I’m not sure what I did but she’s all about letting grow all the sudden. She doesn’t smoke but doesn’t mind a D8 edible now an then (which is what I think got me the green light).

Anyways on with the good stuff

AC Infinity 3x3x72
KingBrite 240W LM301H with red
HLG 100w on its way to supplement
AC Infinity 6in inline fan
Thermometer w/ humdity
1 8in fan on the top blowing down
1 6in fan on the bottom blowing up
Feminized Afghani beans
FFOF soil
Figured I’d use their nutrient lineup as well unless someone got a better suggestion
5 gal cloth pots when the time comes

I’m probably forgetting to mention something. BTW this is my first real grow and I’m hoping that I can get the support that this forum has given other growers. I’ve got questioned lined up but I’ll wait for the time to come to ask them. I’ve been trolling grow journals and other topics for a while now and have done my research. But studying isn’t the same as the real thing. Beans should be germinated in the next day or two and I’ll be updating as we go along. Super pumped for this! FINALLY!!! Also super pumped to finally be a part of this forum and not just a troll!

24 Likes

Off to a good start. Good luck!

4 Likes

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Do you need a filter, or not worried about the smell? I need to use filters, my neighbors are pretty close by.

3 Likes

I was just about to ask the same question… :wink:

6 Likes

Congrats! :clap: Happy Growing :crossed_fingers:t3: :green_heart:
Trolling’s not a bad thing.

4 Likes

@Edword02 funny title :slight_smile: rock on an tks mrs, hee hee happy growing mate lookin good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! I will need a filter but figured I’d wait till it was necessary. Would it be a good idea to slap one on just to get the a feel for what it does to the temp and humidity?

2 Likes

You’ll notice the smell sooner than you expect. But the effect on heat and humidity should be minimal,

No, it’s better to wait until you need it like you said. I keep mine disconnected from the duct for at least the first several weeks when there’s no smell. No sense running air through it and shortening the life until it’s necessary. If I were you, I’d get a plan for where you’re going to put it, or how you’re going to hang it. Just to be ready for that day when the smell sneaks up on you.

2 Likes

Thank @Cap_Ron and @Newt. To comment on what Cap_Ron said I was hoping to connect it right to the exhaust fan where the exhaust fan is right now.

1 Like

That’s where I have mine::

Sealed with gorilla tape.

3 Likes

Nice that’s exactly what I had in mind thanks for that @Newt

@Cap_Ron @Newt Perlite is kinda hard to find locally right now. All they had at Lowes was the Miracle Grow perlite. Will that work? I

1 Like

Yeah… Perlite is Perlite…

3 Likes

Very nice. Good light also for tent size. Gonna have fun. Grab Momma a Levo2 and she can have all your trim and popcorns to infuse in oil for edibles. After 34 years the art of bribery and making wife think it is her idea becomes not only an art…it is a survival trait…:grin:

7 Likes

Just a quick question is the exhaust pulling in from the carbon filter?

1 Like

Yes, that would be the norm. Air enters the filter pulled in by the fan, then through the fan to the outlet point.
I think some push through the filter and keep it outside of the tent, but filter first seems to me to be the most efficient and effective.
I make a point of checking out the output whenever I’m near that window outside and no smells.
Now back in October, when I had those monsters on the back deck I could smell them 200ft away at the mailbox if the wind was right! LOL!
And the mailbox is out front! LOL!
I wonder what my cop neighbor was thinking he was smelling! :rofl:

@Edword02 - Welcome to the forum and growing!! It’s the best, worst hobby you can have! LOL! I’ve got 2 tents going in my first year. It becomes a personal challenge to get better with every bean you drop.
With your FF soil you won’t need to do any real feeding for a month to six weeks.
Take that time to learn about reading and adjusting the PH and PPMs of your water you’re using and how to read those same values in your run off from the plants. It can seem daunting at first, but it’s the most crucial tool in knowing what a given plant is doing and helps identify and remedy problems that may arise.
If you’re not married to the idea of FF nutes, which are good and can give GREAT results, but are expensive, a little time consuming if you go whole hog into their schedule, and very regimented. You MUST do the flushes by the schedule with FF. That’s where watching the PPMs really helps.
But there are much simpler and cheaper systems that give as good or better results with a lot less hoopla! LOL!
Study up on Jacks 321. A lot of people are getting really good grows using it.
But there are literally hundreds out there so do your thing! LOL!

You can tag people into your question if you place the @ in front of their name like I did to yours above. They’ll get back when they can. :smiley:
And remember, the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask!

You came to the right place!

Happy Growing Everyone!!!

4 Likes

Yah i think u will be better off goin organic rather then bottled nutrients , i would go with either jacks 321 or Gaia Green or go all natural organic nutrients like worm castings and bat guano and volcanic rock dust and superworm frass and kelp meal and alfalfa meal and sea bird guano and fish bone meal

2 Likes

Yes the fan will be pulling into the carbon filter and out the side.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind word and support. I’ll definitely look into the jacks 321.

3 Likes