FIM'ing Cannabis

Oh my I’m not sure how to comment on the journal website profile thing but your plants have nitrogen claw so feed less nitrogen.

1 Like

I see folks saying they put a dab of hunny on their cuts… Is this useful or is it best to leave her alone after you cut? This thread is awesome and extreamly helpful! Bout to try and fim my first grow in next day or 2 and this thread gave me the confidence needed. I appreciate all of your help!!

3 Likes

When a stem is broken honey or aloe works well + tape it

3 Likes

Refering to how the the tips are turning down im assuming? Just soaking up knowledge.

Not needed for a FIM of that’s what your inquiring.

Not sure what tips you are speaking about

1 Like

I came, I FIM’d, now I wait….:rofl:

I came across this thread and I just so happened to have a prime candidate for something other that LST. Thanks for the tutorial @Nicky !!!

4 Likes

Do you guys think I got the fim on these two plants or did I miss? @Nicky thank you for all the info in this thread

3 Likes

Looks great.

2 Likes

Bump it

@Nicky @Newt

First time FIMMING. Any thoughts. Attaching a before and after photo.

Thanks the High Way.

3 Likes

@Shadesfang Thanks for the like. Do you think I may have pinched correctly? When it comes to training I’m a bit scared to break limbs, snips too much, etc. I’m now seeing posts saying not to FIM until 30 days in. I’m not that far in yet. 3 weeks in at this point.

2 Likes

It looks good.

2 Likes

@Moringa
Looks great, I FIM around week 3. With autos you can’t wait to long. I will tag you in my current grow. I am 3 and 4 weeks in.

3 Likes

From looking at the photos, can you see the need to tie down or does it need more growth? @Shadesfang

@Moringa you could bend the main and stake it down unless you want to get more hight.

It’s only about 4 inches in height….still bend it? It’s quite short. So, it’s a very slight bend?

1 Like

Looks like what you want. :smile_cat:

1 Like

I wouldn’t touch it, you FIM’d let it grow.
Seems like it’s pretty tight node’s, I would dial down your light a bit and make sure your reds are not on

@Nicky
Are you familiar with the XS1500 Pro LED light by VIPAR SPECTRA? Just wondering if the reds can be adjusted or controlled if they are on? Thanks. Please loop in any others that may be familiar with this type of light.

Right now, I’ve been using the light at full power (the brightest level). Any insight would be helpful.

The reds are definitely shining on this unit. I will try to adjust but would still appreciate your insight.

VIPARSPECTRA 2023 XS1500 Pro LED

If your led has a dial on it then it will control all of the lighting on the board at once because it controls wattage to the circuit board all the LED’s are on.

If it doesn’t then it’s on/off

Often boards have dials on them and the reds/ir/uv have an on off switch on the boards led side, a little switch.
This allows us to turn the reds off for veg / stretch, then click them on for flower, but ultimately their power is controlled at the same time as the whole board of LED’s.

1 Like