Extended low stress training

Hey I came back to show you some LST pics. I did a little bit more LST today and wanted to show you how I did it. As my second grow I finally realized how, and maybe I can help you with your first! (If it is your first) here’s some pictures of the canopy.

1 Like

It is my first grow! I bought the clips and they are on the way.I will definitely use it in conjunction with my tie downs like with what you have going on. I think things might still be looking okay. I was with family today so i was busy and got a little tying down and leaf tucking done

Maybe ill post and see what you think, its crazy to see the branches grow so fast! And then those branches grow other branches! I never really understood the way it grew on a plant until recently and actually seeing it, is just marvelous. Nature rules. Sorry for my rambling been smoking and appreciating the help. Im so excited to see and smell the flowers ahh.

P.S. your plant is looking awesome! That the GSC? Is it in early flower?

I took these today of mine. Since its an auto its hard for me to tell if im close to flower.

1 Like

What kind of clips you using? I want to order some for my upcoming gg4 grow but I’m afraid I’ll get them and they’ll be tiny. The ones you’re using look like a good size.

I have them posted in the above message(es) here you go: Extended low stress training - #20 by Sammys

They are size “medium” according to the title.

Yes they are both GSC. I think she’s in very early flower honestly, I’m not too sure. I guess we’ll see soon! Excited for them though, she had a broken branch (I taped it together) and then grew like crazy

1 Like

You’re definitely in flowering. I can see pistils/bud sites all over.

1 Like

Thanks. Guess I need to look at the words more than the pics. Lol.

2 Likes

Haha no worries! :))

1 Like

I think once the lower branches catch up with the middle ones it will be better. Im not too upset with it, just should have started sooner and keep caught up on it. Lol now the branches will prob resemble pretzels.

I actually tried to bend the top down a little more, do you think this will be alright? Looks more even to me. Give all those little buddies some more light! :grin:

20221002_115159

1 Like

That’s perfect dude! Anything is alright! I accidentally broke one of my branches so I mean…try to LST as hard as you can.

2 Likes

Haha ha yeah… Definitely this. :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Again, thanks for your time and advice! Ill have to start using those clips too when i get them. :blush:

1 Like

The LST clips are awesome! Helps even more than i thought it would. Thank you so much. :clap::blush:

Do you/have you defoliated during flower? Theres a few fan leaves in the middle im wondering if i can chop. Ive seen mixed things…

2 Likes

They usually say don’t but you can if you know what you’re doing! They say no and I would too (for your first couple grows) because if something goes wrong nutrient-wise, your plant pulls from those fan leaves…so they’re there as a safety precaution in a sense. I do pull fan leaves that are more so pretty much dead though.

1 Like

Happy you like the clips too! :love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t defoliate this plant. Plenty of light penetration and air flow on the plant structure :love_you_gesture:. I defoliate autos and photos the same way and random plucking throughout the grow. I’ll defoliate 3 weeks in flower and then again around week 6 :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Ive been trying to tuck the big fan leaves or anything covering the bud sites. Hoping the lower canopy catches up to the top flowers. You think it will be fine? Is it the natural way for the top part flowers more than bottom branches? I havent defoliated anything besides one leaf i accidentally broke. Been LSTing the best i can too. Anything i should do or try in your opinion?

1 Like

My plucking method is to remove the older fans leaves once the side branches have grown a few more nodes and do this as lollipopping. I top my plants and tie the main down and spread the sides out to get the sides to catch up with the main. The actual bud doesn’t need the light but the leaves feeding the bud per say do. What’s your lighting DLI/PPFD :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Last i checked the bottom was getting around 450-500 and the top was around 700-750. Was trying to keep the bottom canopy in the middle and the top flower to the side some so its not getting pounded. It was a day or two ago when i checked it might have grown a little more but my lights are at max height in my 2x2x4. I have the intensity on 80%.

1 Like