Extended low stress training

First time grower looking for opinions on if my spot for LST is fine? I only have a 4 ft tent so my height is limited right now.

I just put the one on the highest spot to hold it down some, is it too high up? TIA!

20220929_221024
20220929_220927

2 Likes

You can bend her anywhere she’ll bend. Looks about right to me.

2 Likes

Thank you. Appreciate it, just wanted some reassurance. :blush:

2 Likes

Nice work Growmie, looks like an auto in preflower?? Expect a big stretch coming if so :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Yess! Thanks! I cannot wait. :blush:

1 Like

I would lower this tie down and try and get that main a little lower, this will let the side branches catch up creating an even canopy for equal lighting distribution across the bud sites :love_you_gesture:
Below the red line if the main isn’t too rigid

3 Likes

Okie ill try it. This was her this morning before work

1 Like

Right on, they’ll turn towards the light almost overnight when you tie them down :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I think you might’ve LST’d a little bit too late but that’s ok! My first run I didn’t do very good LST. I do recommend LST clips, they kinda make it easier for me. I am growing two Girl Scout cookies for fun right now and both of them are looking much better with the LST I’m doing on them. I can send some pics if you’re interested. I’m trying to create an even canopy

2 Likes

I am very interested. I agree,looking back i should have done more for sure. Hopefully better next time. GSC is one if my faves so send away! Thanks.

1 Like

For sure sounds good! I also topped them for fun btw! And different pot sizes… Here’s some pics:

1 Like

One more of the 1 gal:

1 Like

Nice! Those look much better than mine, especially the ones in the tent, nice and even woo. Ill try to look those clips up and maybe use them next time. Thanks you for helping and sharing.

2 Likes

The ones in the tent are same as in greenhouse! Just younger. I’ll take better pictures for you later. I also have a GSC journal going for this

1 Like

Are those autoflowers?

1 Like

Yes they are :))

2 Likes

How has your experience been with topping autos? I am interested in your experience, since im new i would love your opinion and perspective if you don’t mind. :blush: I figured i would definitely try on my photo grows but ive been hesitant to want to try on autos from some of the stuff ive seen.

1 Like

This is my first topped grow and I’m just messing around, so far it’s been pretty good. Theyve gotten some nice tops. Personally I think just do whatever you wanna do. Try topping! Try not topping! It’s whatever works. I may just be lucky with these two, idk. But so far they’re huge and impressive

3 Likes

Nice! Well that’s nice to know at least and i agree. Just do whatever. There seems to be hundreds of ways to do this so its all good in my eyes. :blush: Thanks for your help :blush: added the lst clips to my wish list already.

1 Like

Here are the ones I got: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T6G462H?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Honestly just try whatever you can to get more experience and then you can decide for yourself what works and what doesn’t! Topping was something I wanted to do for fun / check yields, so far so good! Will keep you posted :smiley:

1 Like