DWC. First grow ever!

I’d bump up your ppms a bit. Looks like they could use more nitrogen.

2 Likes

I’ll try that. Would you bump up the dosage of all 3 base nutrients or just Micro and Gro since they contain Nitrogen?

1 Like

I use G&H, first week feed in hydro I use 8ml each micro, grow and bloom or MGB in 3 gallons per feed chart (2.5ml/gal).

1 Like

Do you follow that chart the entire way or do you scale it down a bit as the weeks go on?

1 Like

@neofirebird has you covered.

2 Likes

I personally have been following that drain to waste program for the most part but at about 20-25% of what the chart says.

I’m only at day 15, but no deficiencies yet. It’s my first hydro grow after growing in soil and getting comfortable with that. I’m gonna follow you’re grow, maybe we can learn a thing or two together :v:t2:

2 Likes

I run what the chart says the amounts of Grow and bloom go up through the grow and micro cuts down at the end. Top of that chart is soil BTW. :roll_eyes: I just did that bucket earlier today zkittlez auto starting week two. Micro=20ml Grow = 30ml and 8ml of bloom 6ml hydroguard and 6ml silica 8ml Cal mag at this point. I switched away from measuring spoons along time ago. I use glass measuring droppers. They come in .5ml, 1ml, 2,3,5 & 10ml accurate amount each time, stirring in between each. Si, Cal mag in second gallon, third final gallon added to bucket has my MGB plus hydroguard. Adjusting pH in nuted bucket to adjust pH in main bucket… If of I pump out I gallon and pH that accounting for buckets pH to hit where I want I usually target 6.1x pH.

1 Like

@neofirebird Leave it to me to not read the small stuff on the side lol, didn’t realize the top chart was for soil.

I saw recirculating and immediately thought that it applied to rdwc, which I’m not doing.

Thank you!!! Good thing I’m only 2-3 weeks

1 Like

I’m not doing rdwc either but I go by that guide based on gallons. I measure for bucket instead of for resivoir. Just redid her earlier.

1 Like

@neofirebird thank you so much for the insight. I would be doing a res change tonight but I’m at work unfortunately, but tomorrow the girls will be getting a new bucket with the ppms bumped up and I’ll see how they react. I hope I haven’t waited too long and they are stunted but in reality they would just be getting into week 2. I guess if all else fails I have 20 more seeds I can play with :joy:

Sidenote: I read your entire “what’s growing on” journal in this past hour and some change and it was very informative and impressive. You had some very beautiful plants and I hope to get to that level of growing at some point. With this being my first grow I was hoping I could get everything perfect from the beginning and got a bit discouraged; I know this will be a learning curve but I’m in for the long run. Thanks again for the help and information. Much appreciated

2 Likes

What did your ppms come out to with that 2nd week veg recipe on the zkittles?

Welp, came home to these bleached tips and one of my bucket smelling like gunk. I’m not really sure what I’m doing wrong. Both buckets the ppms have spiked but the pH has dropped. Nute burn I’m thinking? I don’t know why that would happen all of sudden after being stable for almost a week other than the pH rising. I feel defeated and stressed :slightly_frowning_face:

Not sure if these two are even worth trying to save at this point. I don’t want to keep wasting nutrients if they aren’t going to grow. I keep going off nutrient guides that I’ve seen and tried making my own but nothing’s working.

Can someone give me a fool proof guide just to get me started?

2 Likes

How often do you check your pH in the buckets? This is when I would pull the airlines from your pump and dump the bucket rinse out and wipe out with a towel. Hook it back up. You’re using the gallons of water I presume. I add one gallon to bucket then I mix my Si and Cal mag in stirring between each in a second gallon, third gallon I mix nutes and hydroguard stirring between each nute. Check bucket pH and check last gallon you’re about to add, adjust pH in the nute bucket to bring bucket in range. Dump then measure pH again. If needed pump one gallon out and adjust pH before re adding. @willtheripper edit

@neofirebird If I’m not working I check them 2-3 times per day. If I have to work I’ll check before I leave and once I get home but there’s a 12-13 hour gap inbetween so I make sure they are properly adjusted before I leave

1 Like

I’m really starting to feel like my pH meter is malfunctioning. It just doesn’t seem right

1 Like

Grab a new one from Amazon. Quickly, but your gals aren’t looking terrible just looks like pH drift.

Here’s today’s look at my little Zkittlez.
You had asked about ppms in my Zkittlez this am pH adjusted to 6.14 ppms 1100ppm. Feed chart shows 1050 - 1350 ppms @ second week, it’s higher this week due to the huge increase in Grow to 10ml per gallon.

Sorry for the late response I was getting my annual dental cleaning :tooth:. The first I did this morning when I got home from work was check the girls. I dumped both buckets and gave them a thorough cleaning and even soaked my air stones again. I added 3 gallons of water to each bucket. I added Si and stirred well, cal mag and stirred well, micro, grow, bloom, diamond nectar and Hydroguard. Stirring very well in between each nutrient. I then added pH down as my pH was around 6.9 and brought it down to 5.8. I stirred very well again and let me air stones run in the water for about 20 minutes and then checked the pH again at 5.8 and transferred the girls into their fresh bucket.

Referring back to your zkittlez auto, can plants that young handle ppms that high without being burned? I have seen people recommend lower ppms at that stage but if the chart works at each stage then I will just try following it step by step and see how it treats me.

I’ve been doing this going on a couple years. I used to burn my leaves and had pH issues that related to it. The chart jumps up at well two with all the Grow compared to week one. I’d run closer to 6.1x ph as it’ll drop as she grows at one point all I do is top up a gallon at a time and adjust pH other times. I check 1st thing in am about 4 hours later maybe six then again before bed. Hope your cleaning went well.