DWC. First grow ever!

I could just be overreacting but does anyone know what might be causing this slight yellowing? It looks worse from outside of the tent but inside and when I take pictures of it, it doesn’t look as bad. Maybe it’s just the leaf growing? I apologize in advance if I annoy any of you with all of my questions. I’m just a concerned parent :rofl:

My PPM’s are sitting pretty steady and pH rose to 6.7 after two and a half days, brought that down to 5.8 (made sure to dilute in water and not add directly to the bucket as I’ve heard it can affect the roots and nutrient uptake)

3 Likes

Potential Magnesium deficiency. Might want to run CaliMag 3/4 strength

1 Like

I’ll give that a try! I was going to do a res change on Tuesday the 17th as that would make a week but I will probably change it tomorrow with fresh nutrients after a good cleaning and cal mag at 3/4 strength.

There’s no chance I could add extra cal mag directly to the res it there? I would think it would cause some sort of lockout

1 Like

You can overdose but GH CaliMag is not as concentrated as others. I have supplemented directly in the reservoir before (diluted in a large cup of ph’d H2O)

1 Like

My first Grow is it right or wrong

4 Likes

Nice looking plants! If I had to go out on a limb I’d say it’s right lol

I think to be on the safe side I’ll do a res change and just add a higher dosage.

1 Like

Got home from work and checked on the girls to find out that we have some roots coming through the net pots into the water now! Bucket 1 has three while bucket 2 only has one, however bucket 2 is bigger in plant size. I feel like they are getting ready to explode in growth any time now. PPM’s are sitting steady still but pH keeps drifting up but not by much, I’ll leave it be for a few hours and check it again since I have read that certain nutrients have a better uptake when the pH is a bit higher. Debating on doing a full res change later tonight in case of possible magnesium deficiency due to some slight yellowing. I’d rather play it safe and do a full change rather than try to add nutes directly to the res and risk burning them or causing a lockout.

2 Likes

Looking awesome, my friend

1 Like

Started oct 8 so how long is the veg stage?

160w led shop light.

What kind of genetics are you running? If you’re growing an auto flower your veg stage will probably be anywhere from 3-5 weeks before switching to flower on its own. If it’s a photoperiod then it won’t switch to flower until you change your lights to 12/12. I think most growers typically veg 4-6 weeks for photos to try to fill their tent out if applicable

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any issue going on and just simply the seedling is growing. It’s still fairly small and honestly doesn’t need much to grow right now, so don’t overthink things and continually change your solution.

If you do change your solution make sure you are adding nutrients appropriately— aka don’t mix them together in a big concentrated form and also know which to add first to last, stirring well for each nutrient.

As far as higher ph allows more nutrient. Partly true, depending on what macro and micro nutrient you are speaking of. I’ll add picture to showcase how ph affects nutrient uptake both in soil and hydroponics.

I would stop top feeding and keep your water levels 2” below the bottom of the net cup. Those roots coming down will be 6+ inches deep in the water in no time.

Right now you’re doing great. Don’t overthink and over react — it’s extremely hard to do. :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t know what genetics but would like for them to get taller

40 days in

1 Like

30 days

1 Like

Hey everyone, hope all is well! Got a little update today. I’m not really sure if my girls are doing well or not and I’m leaning more towards the no side. I feel like my growth is stunted or I’m just not being patient enough and I thought maybe they would be more vibrant green. Roots seems to be okay as they are milky white and ppms are sitting pretty steady however my pH keeps swinging up although that seems to be stabling out better now as the days pass. These seeds were planted November 1st and transplanted into their DWC buckets on November 9th.

These photos were taken today when I got home from work.

How do they look to you all?

Tent Temp: 73 degrees
RH: 52%

Bucket 1: 300ppm 6.11 pH adjusted to 5.8 ; Res 70.2
Bucket 2: 308ppm 6.38 pH adjusted to 5.8 Res 69.8

4 Likes

What type of nutrients are you using?

@Grandaddy013 I’m using the General Hydroponics Flora series along with Armor Si, CALiMAGic, Diamond Nectar, and Hydroguard

2 Likes

According to what it says on the bottle, what % are you giving them?

I’m using 1/4 strength based on their recirculating feed schedule which seems to be right around what their bottle says at 1/4 strength

1 Like