Does this look like a problem?

They look healthy, Canna can be a heavy feeder. I’d bump that feed up to 1000-1200 range at this point in all honesty. You are going in the right direction. That TPS uses a wetting agent like Yucca I see thats why it doesn’t dry out as quick, thats cool lets the roots pull more of the nutrients out between feedings.

1 Like

I use Recharge and it is to be applied 45 mins. after feeding and declorinated NON ph’d water. Each plant only needs 6 oz. os so. Ive read nutes and ph down will hurt them

1 Like

Ive experienced light burn under an sf4000 due to letting media dry out too much. I grow in coco and water twice a day full strength jack 321 and never let coco dry out. Results

Don’t let coco dry out

3 Likes

@bonger why are they in totes?

@Pet_de_Chien if im going off the doses recommend why isnt my ppm matching to that?

You mean the grow bags? They’re really popular and work really well. They provide oxygen to the roots more efficiently. Plants don’t get become overwatered because of too much water. It’s because of water that sits and be stagnant without oxygen.

Bags drain real well, there cheap, reusable, take up little space when not in use (i have 15), have handles and are small in height compared to compacity if similar pots. You can find short pots, but they’re expensive

Are you accounting for the ppm of your tap water? Or what you’re reading inyour runoff ?

@bonger i circled it and my ppm of my tap is around 300 i run on a well water

Not 100% Sure I understand your Q. You mean why if you add 15ml per gallon, your PPM is not in the 1075-1125 range? Presumably it should be a little higher based on your Water ppm unless RO. Also I saw you note that you were adding extra Ca & Mg, this nute line allegedly has “Ample amounts” of it.

1 Like

@Pet_de_Chien yes because i thought it was a deficiency of cal/mag im still trying to tell all of them apart because some i feel like are just simliar and since coco begs for calcium i added it but i think i judged it wrong lol and okay what does standard ppm of water? Since im on well water i just assumed i would have a higher ppm than city water

@Pet_de_Chien And yes to your question i was asking why my ppm didnt match their readings of what ppm it should be in

There is no standard, you have to measure it. You very well may, if your in a limestone area you’ve probably got a high Ca content. The only way to really tell the mineral content of your water is to get a test. If you have Hard water you likely have an abundance of Ca and Mg. At any case, the numbers from TPS are likely in RO, which has little to nothing to start. You just need to adjust amounts, if too low add more, if you overshoot add some extra water. But know where your base water starts. I’m on Lake Michigan water and I’m at around 300ppm this time of year.

1 Like

Okay will do!! @Pet_de_Chien

1 Like

Oh those :laughing: They’re just to catch any extra runoff. I use epsom salts, so once a week or so, i would add extra water to wash out any built up salts.

That’s not bad for well water. Look into a portable RO system. Pretty cheap and eliminates the unknowns of your water

1 Like

@bonger @Pet_de_Chien when watering in coco till runoff why do my leaves droop so bad? Is that a normal occurrence? Or when your watering should your plant never droop once runoff is begin from bottom?

Not sure why that is happening, Droop is almost always a symptom of Overwater(frequency)/Underwater/Over-transpiration(too much light).

Coco doesn’t hold much for as long as a peat/soil mix, that TPS one uses saponins/wetting agents so maybe you need to adjust your fertigation schedule.

Have you picked up and felt how heavy a fully saturated plant and bag is? and then one you have not watered for a couple days?

Yes i just watered after 3 days of no water and picked up pot and it was extremely light. Then i water till runoff @Pet_de_Chien do you need to always water till runoff in coco i know some ppl do and dont

If they are extremely light, water slowly so it can fully hydrate. I’m not saying this is the case, but when Coco dries out too much it becomes hydrophobic(fancy way of saying repels water). Pick it up a couple times to build a muscle memory of how light it is and then do it again once you have it saturated - this should help you establish another way to know if they need water/feed.
The great idea behind the watering until runoff is that it helps avoid a salt buildup, so you benefit from many small flushes, in lieu of that OH-Sh!T one when things start to turn south… *To explain a little conceptually, this is not exactly how this works. If you feed 1000ppm and the plant only eats 500ppm then 500ppm remains in the medium. You water again with 1000ppm and now you have 500ppm left, your medium is 1500ish. With run off its maybe 5%-1500 then 10%-1350 then 20% 1000ppm the target range. * Does that make sense?
I do not water to runoff in my current system, I’m using continuous bottom feed system. So the only top feeding I do are my problematic rez supplements - humics/kelp/recharge/microbes etc

2 Likes

Yes i see now i overwater because got almost 20 to 25% runoff @Pet_de_Chien

1 Like

I noticed it with different strains.

For instance in my last grow, it 2 GG4 and 2 NL. Im in 100% coco. I water every day full strength jack’s 321 always to runoff for reasons mentioned by @Pet_de_Chien . I also do a heavier flush once a week or to be sure ppm doesn’t get crazy.

The GG4 was a little more sensitive than NL After watering heavy, the leaves would droop some. But recover by the end of the day. The GG4 would do the same thing during defoliation.

The NL didn’t care what i did. It was always happy.

My only suggestion is follow advice above and try to water early in the light cycle so it has lots of time to recover

If it doesn’t go away. Stop watering until noticably light, the flush with nutes and let get light again. If that doesn’t help, you may have to a deficiency or lockout. Make sure you’re using microbes like Recharge or something. They can help with nute lock out

Be absolutely sure to ph to 5.8
Watch ppms
Water early
Watch Temps and Rh. Check out a VPD chart

When things are going well for me, i pretty much keep coco saturated totally only letting it barely get light telling me there happy and hungry. For me, the first symptoms of many issues is lack of drinking water

Good luck :+1:

2 Likes