Does anyone know what the best grow lights, tents w/ fans, filters..... are?

I found a non led grow kit on Amazon.

TheBudGrower.com Complete Indoor Grow Kit With Fan, Soil, 24"x24"x60" Hut - Everything You Need to Grow Plants Inside https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0791N63L2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qc2HBbXHFRH4R
@raustin just grew a beautiful scrog in this size tent.

1 Like

Yep…DVM is correct… The sun is getting to be not so strong… Sept. is worse, and Oct. is much worse… So I think I will get no yield this late in the green room… Could get lucky and it turns really sunny, but that would be unusual for here… Was hoping for hot and sunny, when they came up but not going like that so far… unfortunately!!!:disappointed_:disappointed_:sob::sob::sob::sob::

1 Like

That reminds me, @heybudletsparty have you got a timer? I used to grow under HPS years ago and I had an unfortunate experience with a cheap timer, the contacts welded themselves together and it didn’t turn off. Not what you need mid-flower. Now I don’t use the $10 timers

1 Like

The heavy duty digital timers seem best. They also have power strips with built in timers.

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Controls-Digital-Timer-Outlet/dp/B004LP1FKY/ref=pd_cp_86_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=fcaa6d12-8b2b-4ad7-b277-864b2da79f6e&pf_rd_r=WGW7DZ80NRDZS4SFVWF7&pd_rd_wg=pAosU&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=VfCOb&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=9d52844b-ac03-11e8-ad5d-f9d1f1abea37&pd_rd_i=B004LP1FKY&psc=1&refRID=WGW7DZ80NRDZS4SFVWF7

2 Likes

No timer yet… Ok. Will keep that in mind… Oh thanks a lot Hogmaster!!! Sleep Well Buddy!!!

Do u think I can just leave this grow in the green house with the sun getting so weak, and so many cloudy rainy day coming??? I will get a terrible yield!!! Won’t I??? And Not good fat buds either, I would think???

I if I get a set up I can use it every winter, or all the time… from now on…, but I would just leave this grow in the green house if I thought I would get a decent yeild, and really good buds… Not sure if u folks have grown outdoors or in a green house before…, and I never have this time of year before… I can not control the sun!!! I can control every thing else in the green house, but not the cloudy, foggy, rainy weather!!!

Thank u soooooo much for all the amazing help everyone!!! Really a big help!!! I got to make something to eat, but will read and reply more later!!! I am starving!!! lol THANK U SOOOOO MUCH!!!

1 Like

NO TEN DOLLAR TIMERS!!! LOL GOOD IDEA!!! THANKS!!! tHAT MUST HAVE BEEN A NIGHTMARISH SITUATION TO HAVE THE TIME BREAK!!! aND THE LIGHTS STAY ON WAY TOO LONG!!! tHAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE!!!

@Hogmaster do u think that these auto flowering plants would do fine if I just put them in 4 gal pots, and leave them in the green house??? Even if there gets to be less and less sun, and it starts to get way colder…??? There has not been too many real sunny days since they came up, and they seem pretty dang small for 2 and a half weeks in the soil… Only about 1 1/2 to 2 inches tall at the most I would say. Want to use some Rapid Start on them when the delivery guy brings it… Might help, I hope!!! But, if they start to flower after being in the ground for about a month, I might not get much of a yield at all, and maybe not very good buds either, I am afraid!?! They might not have much of a veg. stage to grow bigger, if at all, at this rate!!! I would love to have an indoor set up too, but might cost more than I was hoping, to do it properly… I could use the indoor set up for the rest of this grow, and future ones as well, but can not afford a very fancy indoor set up/trick lights…, right now What do u folks think??? Any body have any suggestions???

A 4x4x6 grow tent will handle 4 plants easy i do 6 in mine i got 60 gram rocks on my tops and 20 or 30 gram rocks in the middle i use the mh/hps lights and that 440cfm 6in fan and filter and my tent stays at about 83 to 88 degrees. You’re doing the right thing by asking questions on here i would use pro mix soil fox farm ocean forest is a little hot .

1 Like

My seedlings are in another potting mix that is not so hot right now, in little bio degradable pots, in a green house… Gonna transfer into ffof pretty soon, well kinda half half or so near the seedlings and ffof half way down in 4 gal. pots… Sound good? Do u exhaust right out into the room? Where does the heat from the lights go? Outside??? Thanks!!!

Peat Pots, I think the little seedling pots are called… U can put them right in the bigger pot and they degrade… so the roots do not get exposed to the air. Think I will cut slits in them, and open them up a bit though, to let the roots out faster maybe!!! Not sure how fast they degrade when surrounded by soil??? Any ideas on that? Need these Auto flowers to grow much faster, before the start to flower!!!

I mean cut slits in the peat pots and open them up a bit, right before I put them in the bigger pots, of course… lol

I let my soil dry out to where it pulls away from the pot turn it over use my middle finger and push through the hole in the bottom and everything comes out nice. If your trying to grow as fast as possible then i would not just plant them with the peat pot why take a chance of root bound

My girls are 10 days old. I use 2x4x5 tent, viparspectra vt450 (has timer and veg/bloom switch built in.), happy frog and ffof soil, one small fan and a 5 gallon bucket for them to sit on for now. This is my first grow. So it’s nice to see someone else kinda in the same boat as me. As far as your light goes mine is LED and with the size of my tent I can fit 3 plants in mine comfortably. I plan to only have 3 at most anyway. I’m cheap and I’m growing for myself so I don’t need a huge tent or light this grow. The light I have covers the whole inside of my tent. Its perfect for this size tent. I’m not one to give advice being this is my first grow but I can say when you figure out what tent you want her a light that fits the tent well or vice versa, find a light you love and get a tent to fit that light. My opinion this will help with cost due to you don’t need to buy extra lights to fill the empty spots your main light has missed. Again that was my thought process when I got my light and tent. As far as a PH pen goes, that is necessary. I have a PH meter for soil and a solution to check the water PH level. I personally think the 3 main things you need besides soil and seeds of course, are the tent, the light, and a PH tester for water and soil. Everything else I’m buying along the way. Again this is my first grow So take what I’m saying as an opinion. I hope this helps. Also my tent and light were under $200. If you can put another $100 or so and you could get an extraction kit as well and that would be your main set up right there to get you started. You would just need any additives, nutes and any extras you will need along the way.

Thank u for all the help everyone!!!:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Does anyone know if this grow light is a good one, it is a Maygrow 1200 watt led grow light on Amazon… It has a switch for veg. and bloom… It cost $156.99 dollars I think. They also have a 600 watt grow light that made by the same company, that is cheaper… I can not figure out how to get pics of them on to here. I am not very good with computers and such devices. It is one of those kinda purple grow lights

@heybudletsparty

If you can afford it and I’m not sure but if you have $20-30 extra dollars I’d go with a QB 135w kit from HLG. Just my opinion as I know it will make you happier in the end.