Do my 15 day old bruce banner, gorilla glue and girl scout extreme auto autoflowers. My first grow! Any tips would be appreciated

I definitely agree. My autos liked 6 hrs dark more than 24hr lights

2 Likes

It’s kinda a no brainer right, we try to make our grow spaces as close to natural as possible. In nature there is a light and a dark period. The plant would respond same as us if the sun just stopped going down everyday. I do 24hrs a day till pistils pop, then 18/6. I have a ts1000 for veg and an fc3000 for flower.

2 Likes

@oldmarine @Budz @Budz @HMGRWN @beardless @PurpNGold74 @Docnraq @Not2SureYet @Mark0427 @OGIncognito
Hey all how has everyone been. Havent posted in awhile, things are going good. Heres a few pics. Girls are about 55 days old from sprout

9 Likes

Looking very frosty!

3 Likes

It’s like baby pics only better. We actually want to see these.

5 Likes

Definitely looking good! Thanks for updating us. The frost is really really coming on in! Me likey!

2 Likes

They make me think about giving autos another go. Very nice

5 Likes

“BEAUTIFUL BUDS” Nice thick and Frosty :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Nice healthy colors!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliments!! So im definitely noticing that my gorrilla glues are definitely gonna be finished before my bruce banners. And my girl scouts will be done before the bruce banners also. I wanted to dry in my tent but obviously I cant if the banners are still going. So im reading that the pistils should turn red and curl in and thats a sign of being ready to harvest. Also the tri’s should me milky and some amber. These plants are gonna finish at different times making this difficult, lol. So if the top buds are ready will the lower ones be also ready or is there a chance some buds are ready and some are not, if thats the case what can be done? Do u cut off the top buds and leave the lower ones or just pull the whole plant?

1 Like

The plant can be harvested in stages as you feel it becomes ready. @UGrowGIRL is doing that exact thing now.
I guess since your entire harvest is gonna be spread out, you may as well do it right. :wink:

2 Likes

thanks for the tag @HMGRWN! @Quickness48 my thread has some pictures and questions specifically related to “where to cut” and what not. I had some of the same questions!

1 Like

@UGrowGIRL thanks for replying. So did you ever cut off the top colas and leave the lower buds alone? This is also my first grow and their autos also. I have 6 plants 3 different strains. Im stressing cause it looks like some bids will be ready before others, lol. I dont like it, lol. Im getting myself nervous. Also if you did cut the tops off how did it cone out and do u have pics of the plant after you cut the tops off?

2 Likes

@Quickness48 yes! I sure did! Here’s a pic of her now —- I’ve harvested about 5 or 6 colas. You can see in the middle of her, where I cut.

Since I’ve done it, I haven’t noticed a negative affect on the rest of the plant. BUT I did notice they started to fatten more, which is a good thing! More light!

4 Likes

Feel free to bug me if you have questions and also share your success/fails haha. I’m still learning but so far what I’ve harvested is doing well and the rest of my plant seems just fine!!

3 Likes

@Quickness48 here’s a closer one of the cuts

Thats awesome!! So how old is the plant and what strain. My girls are only 56 days old from sprout so its definitely early for harvest but I can see already that certain strains and certain buds will be done first. So did you wet trim the buds u picked off or u dried them first? Also how did or are you drying now? How did you dry? Sorry for all the questions but ur grow seems very similar to mine

2 Likes

Also did you LST? I did but youre plant looks like alot of main colas

1 Like

She’s on day 95 today! She stayed in veg forever. It’s a banana kush auto from ILGM.

I did not LST her as I actually joined the form about 7 weeks into the grow! I plan to LST my LSD auto when she gets there.

I did a bud wash on the snips I took, then wet trim, then dry her in a tray near a cheap fan from Amazon. I took her wet weight and wrote it down, and then have been weighing each day to help me determine when she’s ready to go in the jars for cure. Generally I’ve been told it’s when the steps snap when you bend.

2 Likes

Yes exactly, when the smaller stems snap its ready. I already bought my grove bags for curing!! Heard good things about them. I was just actually thumbing thru ur thread and saw all the pics of ur snipped buds, they definitely look tasty and delicious!! Im definitely gonna pick ur brain in the coming weeks if you dont mind since you’re going thru now what I will be in a few more weeks

2 Likes