Do my 15 day old bruce banner, gorilla glue and girl scout extreme auto autoflowers. My first grow! Any tips would be appreciated

Just wondering if my autos look healthy at 15 days old. Using FFOF soil. Ph is about 7. 24 hr straight lights using a ts 2000 mars hydro led light. Have an intake and out take fan. Also an oscillating fan. Bag of co2. Temps range from 65 to 85. Im growing in a 4x4 tent in my shed so its tuff to keep consistent temps. Still not sure about watering, watering makes me nervous, lol. Heres a few pics. Let me know what you guys think. Any help would be appreciated. They look a little droopy

6 Likes

Here are some more pics

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum. They are looking pretty good. You don’t need to run a 24 hour light cycle if you don’t want. For me, these like their dark time. I normally run a 18/6 for the whole grow if I am just doing autos. They get a 12/12 when next to flowering photos. They do pretty good with almost any cycle :grin:

9 Likes

Thanks. I was doing 18/6 cycle but the weather on the east coast got abruptly cold for a few days so I figured 24 hr lights would keep it a little warmer. Will go back to 18/6 tomorrow as the Temps outside rise. I want to LST with wire ties, any help on when I can start? Also when should I start adding nutes or should I just let it be?

2 Likes

no prob. I have done the same. I now try and do autos in the winter and photos in the summer. Well, for the most part to help regulate heat too. :grin: I would guess I start lst around week 4 when they are about a foot tall. I top mine about the end of week 4. And start pulling things down if I am not in a scrog.

4 Likes

Looks like you are watering directly on the plant in little doses.
First, stop getting your leaves wet!
Second, don’t water the plant, water the whole pot. Feel the weight when they are dry then water slowly around the plant working outwards until it starts to leak out the bottom. Then do not water again until the pot is light or if the plant gives an indication. This encourages deep root growth. Make them work for it.

Do like the Beatles and “let it be” unless she asks for them.
Good luck with your grow! :man_farmer:t2:

9 Likes

Thanks so much for the info @HMGRWN @Not2SureYet. Im gonna start tying them down in week or two for some LST. I thought topping was a bad idea for autos? Actually I read so much that its like 50 50 on topping autos, lol. Im definitely gonna take ur advice @HMGRWN with the watering. Thanks again

1 Like

Actually @HMGRWN, you said to water until the bottoms start leaking, im using 5 gallon fabric pots, probably too big for autos but that’s what I had. So water it from middle slowly to edges. How much water u think I should use for each plant? 1/4 gallon, 1/2 gallon, 1 gallon? Its ok to saturate them until it starts to drain from bottom?

3 Likes

That is the best thing about fabric pots. It is almost impossible to overwater. 5 gal is pretty big but I would saturate it at least in the beginning. Maybe the 1 inch deep rule would apply after that. (water only when top inch is completely dry)

2 Likes

@HMGRWN Yeah thats what im gonna do. My light is about 24 inches away from the plants, is that a good height? The plants seem to be short and stumpy, not very tall. Also I have 1 plant that is half the others size, very small, doesnt look that good, should I remove it from the grow?

2 Likes

Never say die! That little girl may surprise you… :tada:
Light sounds about right and stumpy sounds like an auto LOL
6 plants is gonna fill that space wall to wall. :grin:

6 Likes

Amen to that.

I’ve topped autos and my largest harvest of autos was from one of those topped plants.

It’s never too early to start LST. Bend those babies over. Be careful. Take your time and above all relax. This is supposed to be fun.

9 Likes

From what I see. Most top their autos in soil about the fifth node. Your plant looks great. I would say your light is perfect. You are not getting the normal stretch from not enough light. I do almost all autos in 5 gallon pots my self. Top watering. I have ran into issues on big plants with a 3 gallon. 3s are good for the autopots though. A 5 will also give you a little cushion since you will not need to water as often. That is all the info I can give you for soil though. I have never grown in soil. So only know what I see from others in here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

@oldmarine @HMGRWN @Not2SureYet Thanks so much for the tips!! So I started my LST training. Heres a pic of one, let me know if this is good to start or I should try something else. Thanks.

3 Likes

Looks like a great job.

2 Likes

@HMGRWN Thanks. Crazy thing is like 4 hrs later and the top is back on top again, im gonna have to pull her down a little more tomorrow.

Don’t be afraid to pin her down.

Spread her out to fill the pot.

She’ll probably thank you for a bigger pot,

8 Likes

@oldmarine those look beautiful, im gonna definitely try to copy that. Need to get some pins. I only have thread right now.

1 Like

Look for Bill Wards you tube videos on lst, on almost anything tbh. He grows alot of ILGM seeds so you can get a preview of your strain sometimes. Good luck and happy growing. To add comment to topping. During the last grow we accidently topped two plants and they both turned out to be the heaviest of 5.

3 Likes

@Docnraq Thanks for the info!!