Just a little about my grow space. I have a 10’ x 5’ room with two 20 gal totes to grow in and a 13 gal reservoir to hold water, a 400 gal/hr. water pump, a water chiller, 3 air pumps, and two 24” x 24” QB lights and plenty of circulating fans.
For exhaust, I have 2 intakes and 2 exhaust outlets. I have a 6” exhaust fan and filter on one outlet and another 4” exhaust fan and filter hooked up to the other outlet should I need it.
I had a few minor problems with my first hydro grow.
First, the setup did not have enough water volume for my reservoir to keep things steady….(I think).
And it’s still gonna be a problem… lol (but manageable.)
I decided to keep the same res because it fits my space. I’ll just have to add about 4 gal of water every other day during the peak of the growth.
Second, I had a problem one time with roots growing into the pump through my hoses. I’m hoping to have illuminated that problem by installing a drain filter on the ¾” outlet and a stainless steel grease splatter screen in front of the ¾” outlet. I made it so where I can easily take it out and clean it if necessary.
Third, was getting inside the totes to clear the roots from the outlet when the scrog was setup.
I’ve attached the scrog to the top of the totes so the whole plant will raise up and down with the lid and the scrog at the same time in case I need to get inside.
I also moved the air pumps closer to have shorter hoses running to the totes. I started to get a bigger air pump but I think these are working ok…. till they don’t, then I’ll go bigger…lol
Another issue was pulling the heat out of the room. I moved my exhaust fan filter right above the lights.
I’ll be setting up a reflextics curtain so I don’t lose lighting on the front side of the plants. Hopefully that’ll help with pulling the heat out as well.
I was also able to even the pipes and totes with some minor adjustment.
And now the grow begins!
I soaked 2 seeds in water and peroxide, then paper towel and then pete plugs. Both had good tails. I put the seeds in tails down in the pete plug. Tails grew up, instead of down…. The tail literally came out of the plug. Tried to flip but neither one made it.
I thought I was gonna have to go back to propagation school because the next 2 seeds did the same thing. I was able to flip both right side up, but only one made it (SD). The other died.
So now I have a SD in a net pot under the dome and on the heat matt and a PH in a pete plug hoping its gonna germinate and make it. If the other PH seed doesn’t make it, then I’ll have to do a bigger scrog…awwww! poor me…lol
Right now, I have it set up to scrog both plants each on a 28" x 36" wire scrog.
All are welcome! If you have any comments or recommendations, please don’t hesitate to share.