Dennis 62 simple grow #9

Good day to all, well going to repeat conditions in grow 7 where I am using my old mars hydro 300 burples during seedling / growth stages as I am use to building plants with these lights, and there is more blue spectrum compared to my hlg 100 v2 3000k. But of course I’ll be flowering with my hlg lighting for sure. I am also using new genetics, my seeds from seedceller are Mexican airlines auto is from fast buds 420, and Early lemon berry photo is an ethos designed plant. I am doing as always a simple grow just lights and fan, 2 1/2 gal pots, and miracle grow soil. Of course organic fertilizers from flower power fertilizer, and a starting growth accelerator called speedy veg. I am happy to say both girls popped above ground on the 3rd Nov, and are healthy looking 3 days old. All is going well. Here’s pics

! I am in a hurry so will tag people soon. Thanks guys

2 Likes

Keep production rolling…

1 Like

Thanks man, glad to see ya…

1 Like

Today you can see soil is dry on top and inside soil is damp not wet. I read burgmans bible and learned wet then allow to let oxygen in while drying a bit. I like miracle grow soil it is easy to grow in because it breaths, and it is easy to teach my girls to drink every other day. I do what I call watering to the plant size, but seed goes in 1/2 inch in soil then I take a 16 oz cup and pour in a circle around the seed, so it pre wets soil about 3 inches around and about 4 or 5 inches down. With all the dry soil around wet zone the wet zone is not soaking wet, but damp. I dampen the top inch every day to keep seed damp, until they pop. Once it is a plant I add water every other day to the size of the plant, pouring in a circle the width of the leafs, and as deep as the plant is tall. I know some people pre wet their whole pot, I do not because I am in miracle grow soil and pre wetting the whole pot releases all the nitrogen fertilizer at once causing the soil to be too hot… By wetting only the soil the plant is using I limit fertilizer overload. The soil is a problem but if you know how to deal with it it is for me easy to use. It’s not buffered for pH and in late grow peat breaks down and I can have some lock out signs. My well water is loaded with minerals and pH runs 6.8 and run off stays 6.5ish till late flower. Yesterday you could see wet soil, today top is dry but by tomorrow I can wet again.And now I am adding Cal mag that is in my speedy veg

Hope this grow goes well and hope some of you follow along with me. :smile:

2 Likes

Week 1 and all is well, girls are progressing just right. Here’s pics

3 Likes

I am always curious watching your grows, especially since you use miracle grow. It can be so problematic for beginners , that it’s cool to watch you make it work with respectable success.

1 Like

Why thank you my friend, I do have problems because of the miracle grow soil but I had lots of luck to have maybe good easy fertilizer and the burgmans grow guide. I am so upset I had plans to use last grow all hlg lighting and this grow with burples till flower then hlg. But had a problem with my phone and deleted 3 years worth of photos. All my grows! Ugh, no examples from last grow to show the difference lol… oh well. Thanks again for your support

1 Like

Could you re-download any pics from your old journals? Use your journal as your cloud back up.

1 Like

Awesome idea thanks lol I didn’t think to try that… appreciate it

1 Like

@kcj Hey man all well here, my apartment maintenance man came in my bedroom to change the battery in my smoke detecter, so he won’t be in there again till next year. Already started next grow and my kids are 12 days old :smile: been pretty busy so have not been here much. Had to harvest a couple of my friends clones the cold killed in his greenhouse. Was down to 9* he had a heater in there but blew a breaker. Glad they were in the window to harvest anyway. 11 ounces from two plants and days of work lol… Hope you are doing well my friend, was going to tag ya in today when I got home but ya beat me to it. Here the girls today

2 Likes

Looking like a nice start.

Here at week 2 and all is well, keepin them short with light at 8". Another week or so and I’ll introduce a second light same as one in there, it’s a mars hydro 300w, true 140w from wall. Just looked back at grow 7 and I did the light change to hlg lighting at week 6 so another 4 weeks under burples. I like the plant structure I can get with the more blue spectrum of these lights. Getting a little crinkle leaf but water issue are in Flux as they are not drinking a lot yet and taking 2 to 3 days to dry enough. Nice dark green plants with good broad leafs, and now see how long I can keep Mexican airlines auto in veg mode. Most of my autos usually make 4 weeks and 8 to 9 nodes where I like to top, but will see. Thanks @SKORPION yes off to a good start, I’m amazed at lemon berry she was just a very small seed and she it out growing Mexican airlines who was a big healthy looking seed. Here’s pics lemon berry is in gray pot, MA in orange pot.

@ReconBravo @kcj @kellydans @Bulldognuts hey guys I’m at it again :smile: till next week

4 Likes

@ Dennis62 set to watch this this is a good learning lesson on led lights which one is better ? Hlg or the blurple

@Dennis62 you got a double switch on that light to vegg to bloom or just one switch?

@kcj Hey man well it’s not which is better hlg or burple here, it’s which light spectrum I have is best for each job. My burples have more blue spectrum and is better during veg cycle, flowering is definitely where hlg shines with all the extra red spectrum.

s-l400 the first one is the burple, second hlg. Oh and the burple doesn’t have a veg/flower switch, just a cheap mars hydro from 2017 lol… I got 11 ounces from two plants last grow with hlg seed to harvest, this grow two plants, different building plan. Hope it works out ha ha. These plants have minds of their own, but so far all good. …

3 Likes

You’re off to a great start. Plants look very healthy, I like your plan.

2 Likes

I spent some time yesterday discussing hlg lights with @Hellraiser. I think he has an impressive setup, he has blue specs for veg and the red specs for flower on hlg. And he said its as simple as changing the boards.

2 Likes

HLG makes more than one spectrum. My HLG Bspecs would disagree with your conclusion.

2 Likes

I should have been more specific, I did not mean hlg in general had less blue spectrum, I was just referring to the light I own. It is hlg 100 v2 3k. I am interested in a pair of hlg 100 v2 4k to replace my burples, but yes I’m hella on board with hlg, and all the different spectrums they cover. Thanks man, I am waiting on money lol

2 Likes

Thanks man tried calling hlg, I’m on west coast, they are in the east. Try earlier tomorrow, but going to ask if I can buy just the 4k board. If I could save a few bucks I wouldn’t mind swapping drivers and hangers. Not that my 3k boards did a bad job in last grow lol it was me that had problems adjusting hight, but a little streach when building the bottom structure. But I would be happy in hlg land if I had the blue the 4k board gives to do the first 4 to 5 weeks. I am on fixed income so hard to swing new lights just cuz I don’t like the structure but still doubling my yields on last grow ha ha. Thanks for the ideas man you really helped with the lost pictures thing, I am able to get all from last two grows.

2 Likes