Dennis 62 simple grow #11

This grow is looking awesome Dennis! Is it an art to get a bunch of vertical limbs packed solid with bud ending up looking like multiple cola’s? It looks like you’re on your way to that and at such an early stage. Some photos I’ve seen on these forums almost leaves one speechless lol. I guess all in good time, it comes with experience.

Hey I see you reached your limit with the lighting in the closet, it leads me to my next question, do you find that the HLG runs a bit hot? The driver on mine gets so hot you can’t touch it with your finger (literally). I was thinking of maybe asking the company if that is normal. Maybe that’s why the internal screw was backed down a few clicks? I’ve been keeping mine mostly at 2.5 clicks from high(if I can get the switch to hang up on the high Spot between two and three clicks and if not three. I’ve been looking at some other ways to maybe hang one next to this one, this 3 x 3 tent they say is good for four plants, but the reality is only two. One of my three is always hanging off to the side in the middle of the light. But I’m worried if I add another light the temperature will skyrocket. The best I’m doing now even with the AC infinity T6 is 87° late afternoon. I am in the process of adding a T4 for some fresh air in the base of the tent and if it works then maybe hit it with another light, maybe minimum of 75 W Cob, but one more LED board would be real nice:)

Hey thanks again for all your help Dennis, good luck in this grow, and I know you don’t need any good luck, you’re definitely a natural!

2 Likes

Ha ha pineapple express is a sativa and others I’ve grown also had great stacking. The growth above the yellow line is from 12/12 streach. Looks good but, another first for me her buds are streaching also, almost like foxtailing, I know they have several weeks to go, so I hope they fatten also. But lemon berry has hard colas, small but dense. The tricomes already smell like lemon. Hey yes my 260w driver did get very hot, but I think they should, one driver running two 135w boards I guess. My 100w driver run just warm running one board. Hey i was thinking you could get a hlg 135w rspec, would add one more 288 board, same as your light, and it’s dimmable. It’s a kit also you put together, I think 168, before discount, maybe 150 bucks. Half the heat as another 260w… ha ha can’t help with ventilation I don’t know anything about it lol.

Lemon berry

3 Likes

Ha ha well this pineapple express is a sativa dominant and seems to stretch and stack buds, I’ve grown a few and they all have done that. Here’s a picture of how much she grew after 12/12 flip, everything above the yellow line is streach.

Hey you know hlg has a half version of your light, same light board with a dimmable driver. And it’s a kit like the 260 only it’s hlg 135w rspec. I think it would be a good fit. All your lights boards would be the same lol… and yes the 260w driver did get very hot, but it is a single driver running two 135w boards. My hlg 100s driver is only warm to the touch running one board. Oh I’m the wrong person to ask about ventilation lol I don’t use… hope I helped my friend :smiley: @Claybo

2 Likes

Okay yes I may be my own worst critic, BUT I know what several pineapples have done and this is new. Her buds are streaching like they all are foxtailing, 3 weeks into flower she should have nuggets dense like my lemon berry’s are! But hope they fatten over the next few weeks. Here’s pics of pineapple

Here’s lemon berry

Her buds are small but dense, totally different than pineapple ugh!!! Well pineapple express is sativa dominant, and lemon berry is 50/50 ??? But past pineapple have been denser I don’t know lol this grow is a learning experience

5 Likes

The lemon berry looks awesome!

Is that what you call it, 12/12 stretch? When you warned me I better top it, I did at the very end of July. Look how far those puppies stretched in just that little time, you taught me a big lesson on that! Never make that mistake again!
Oh, btw, look at the empire state building I have going on lol

Thanks again for more information and suggestions in the lighting department, your suggestions are always highly considered at all costs! Take care!

3 Likes

She’s a monster man that’s a big cola and still pushing white pistols, looking good keep up the good work. Hope your tall girl stops streaching, but looking good man

1 Like

Every plant is different , I see that. I got 8 different strains and they all grow different. There’s definitely a learning curve.

2 Likes

Yep ive learned growing 3 4 5 diff flavors that its not as easy as one would think. Every plant seems to want a bit different from the others. Lol.

3 Likes

yeah I hate the term weed because this takes work.

1 Like

Thanks guys, well I think I know why my buds on my pineapple express auto are looking like the whole plant is foxtailing, I’ve done several and always got good dense bud, as ya say all plants are different, and yes I think I know what parent she is taking after, Ruderalis! I didn’t notice this before but she looks like a reveg with tons of three finger leafs, autos don’t reveg. I have three finger leafs on my lemon berry from reveg. I don’t argue with other people when I see this leaf on other plants, but I know all my autos that showed this also had loose buds… none of my photos have loose buds. I have never been able to see a straight Ruderalis female, but my bet is it would produce loose flowers rather than dense buds. I can’t prove it but a lot of threads are posted about it. I’ve tried to call it Ruderalis and got nowhere, I don’t know what I’m talking about, I know what I have observed, these three finger leafs are like pictures of Ruderalis and they are all over the plant. Here’s lemon berry with real reveg

but look at this picture all the leafs on pineapple are 3 finger

Well at least I know what’s going on, and I’m not sure about pineapple but I know I screwed this whole grow up big time early on with too high temperatures, the stress caused is obvious compared my past grows. Thin stems do not support heavy buds, I’m already having to tie lemon berry’s and her tiny buds are too heavy for her thin branches, her buds are dense but tiny. I assume I will get an ounce or so. As for pineapple she stacked colas nicely and I will get more but long loose colas. POOP I will just grow them out and get what I get and revert to what I know works lol… a learning experience for sure. If anyone has info what a 100% Ruderalis in bud looks like I’d love to know. @SKORPION @Mark0427 thanks again guys

3 Likes

I wanna say it was tge blue cheese auto i got from my bro in law he got from crop king seeds and im almost 100% positive that was it but most of the leaves on it were 3 fingers too. Very few had 2 smaller one to make 5 but most were 3

1 Like

First grow buds were not dense, just used miracle grow potting mix and no extra nutes. It was a photo but was fluffy. Used organic nutes after and have dense buds with all photos since. But as I said before I am dropping all autos except for pineapple express auto from AMS, before this I got good dense bud from past grows, but I stressed it so this grow is on me… I grew a few autos that were fluffy, amnesia haze auto grown by two others and myself and all had fluffy buds, lemoncello haze, both from ilgm. My Mexican airlines auto and gorilla glue auto from 420 fast buds were also fluffy, and most of these I had good yields 3 1/2 ounces per plant or more but all fluffy. I will do pineapple again but I’ve sworn off autos. I don’t mind fluffy but it dries weird and doesn’t store well. Plus big fluffy buds are not impressive even if they are covered in tricomes and works great.

2 Likes

Denis,

Just checking in. I am going to do another round of Autos soon… I am itching to try a photo!

ILGM Wedding cake seeds Auto. They took the Manifolding well last round.

Think I am going to chronicle the grow again.

I know that Desert is heating up out to the west. Pretty Toasty here too! Come on Colder weather!

Looks like you are gaining knowledge…Love the forum. Lots of Great info here.

2 Likes

Okey dokie guys here we are at week 8 and my plants are doing fantastic for what they are. Second week of flower for lemon berry and buds are getting bigger and she has the strongest lemon smell. Pineapple is building a bit and even though they are loose I may get more than I figured. She is 4 weeks into flower and buds are gaining weight some. Still not happy but oh well. Here’s pics for the week, closet, lemon berry, then pineapple.

Lemon berry

Pineapple

Happy growing yall :smiley:

7 Likes

Oh I forgot to show pics of my daughter’s outdoor grow, her lemon berry is in week 2 of flower and I’m pretty sure done streaching, buds are set. She has held up to the longest streach of 100+ degree days we have ever had!!!

Okay and LA ultra is doing well also, she is streaching and I’d say almost week 1 of flower, not many pistols and not done setting all budsites. My hand is where she streached in the last week.

I’m super excited for my daughter lol… anyways happy growing yall

7 Likes

Looks like your Daughter is leading the way great job!

3 Likes

I’ll pass it along, but thanks man

1 Like

Out of likes but everything looks fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks my friend

Good morning all, here we are at week 9 of this grow. Week 5 flower on pineapple auto, 3 weeks into flower for lemon berry. Both are building bud and gaining weight, lemon berry has small but dense buds, pineapple is still loose long flowers not really buds. Both are getting top heavy and I will get maybe more than I figured off both but less than usual I’m sure. I cannot move them like I could before (top heavy) so I took pictures just outside of the closet, no more natural light pics. Here’s pineapple, she looks impressive but mind you these have colas have streached and are not filling in. The last pic the colas are from blue line to the other, yellow is where it should have stopped to be dense, instead they streach. They weigh the same and have good tricomes as if they had not streached an been dense buds, but they dry weird, and don’t store well. Like pineapples I’ve grown it smells the same :smiley: I’m happy she is fairly happy so far, anyway here’s pics

And lemon berry is doing okay kinda lol I forgot cal mag and before I could do something she lost a few leafs, newer growth doing fine. She is in week 3 of flower and buds are building fairly well for her thin branches, but I am already tying her up. Her tricomes smell like lemon berry exactly!!! Will not get a great yield but I’m sure she will be great smoking bud…

And here are my daughter’s LA ultra week 1 in flower

Here is her lemon berry 3 weeks into flower

Happy growing yall, I’m happier this week lol…

6 Likes