Daily light integral to start foxtailing

So if I have the 20lb paper, my numbers are around 5-10% lower than what they actually read? Is that correct? And 22lb paper gives closer to actual numbers?

Not all phones require the piece of paper. I think apples do. I have a galaxy s21 ultra and it doesnā€™t require the piece of paper. Actually when I put the piece of paper of mine it tells me to ā€œremove the diffuserā€

3 Likes

@ReelOfishal My moto edge+ says it, and it drops my ppfd on my S21+ to like 40. Guess it is just an iPhone thing. Without it, Iā€™m getting about 800 on both phones, but I just turned on the other light too.

2 Likes

Yeah the light sensors are differnt on differnt phones.

2 Likes

@Mark0427 @alexankh @OGIncognito thanks for the info guys. Iā€™m on Android and donā€™t think I even need the paper. :man_facepalming:t3:At least I know if I switch to iphone tho!

4 Likes

yes all phones are diff. my model i phone is different from hells. what im trying to say is youre prob in the right ballpark with the 20lb paper, using an iphone.

1 Like

roger that @Borderryan22 . my wife has an android, google pixel something, maybe ill do a test.

1 Like

Your right, android= no diffuser neededšŸ¤˜

2 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t do I phone either. Itā€™s like all backwards to me from Android lol. I hate the no back button idea on them and all.

2 Likes

Had one for a bit. Free with new plan. Bought the edge+ after a month.

i dont think the app work for my phone at all, no matter what i get single digit readings

Did you ever figure this out? I use 20 lb paper and want to make sure Iā€™m calculating my #ā€™s correctly

1 Like

I donā€™t use a light meter anymore. I found Photone to be to unreliable on my devices so until I can get a real lux meter, Iā€™m having to wing it.

2 Likes