Concentrates Blog

@Nugflish You’re right! Crap! I did use .07g and the recipe makes 8 however I can’t partake so that’s why I made 2 pans (1 infused and one not) so really only 4 servings :roll_eyes: I hate not being able to edit a post once it is on too long

So that would only make 4 infused servings! For 8 servings @ 13mg use .14g

4 servings x 13 = 52mg
8 servings x 13 = 104mg

6 Likes

Just got how, from work and those pictures are making me hungry. I really do need to learn how to infuse some oil.

5 Likes

Ok that’s what I had figured. Wasn’t trying to point out your mistakes…cuz I’m just learning and didn’t know if it was a mistake, or a mistake on my end. :+1:. I was figuring if ya wanted 104mg. Then divide 104 by the 750(1g). So 104/750= .138 or .14g like you said. Thanks again for putting all this together. Much appreciated. You’ve taught me a lot and opened up a vast of possibilities with your concentrate recipes. :exploding_head:. Not just me either, I’ve shared your recipes with some local growers at our monthly discussion group, and I’ve suddenly acquired a few new best friends.lol. Thanks again for your contribution to the forum. :+1:

8 Likes

I just used my MB2 for the 1st time let it cook 8 hrs & strained it (everclear style). looked good started cooking it down & at bottom of my measuring cup was a lot of sediment. strained it thru a coffee filter & got this

should I have left it in there? is it good for anything or should I pitch it?
@Caligurl, @EYE69MYSELF, @emgoldslo, @NugFlush, @Suckerpunch, @Weedlover1, @Bubblehead, @Deepsix, @Covertgrower

8 Likes

Haven’t used that particular machine. My thought was you wouldn’t strain it. But I’ll,leave that one for @Caligurl or anyone else with experience. I don’t think I’d pitch it…got to be good for something. Right?:man_shrugging:t3: Lol

4 Likes

it burns under yer tounge from the everclear thats for sure. I’ve got the liquid on the stove cooking down right now, I know it would have made a huge difference in weight. I want to make some chocolate drops tomorrow an now I think maybe I screwed up on the weighing of it & possibly the potency.

3 Likes

I’ve never filtered it down that far with my mbm but honestly I’m still a novice with the machine.

2 Likes

If that’s what was left behind in the filter that is just plant material. With that much I would probably even strain again.

I don’t know anything about the MBM but obviously it needed to be filtered. It was decarbed before infusion?

Careful reducing it on the stove not to overheat it and careful if it’s an open flame stove.

6 Likes

Never used the machine…but I assumed it just infused the butter or oil. And then finished product was ready to use. I never knew there was filtering or adding everclear was involved. But I’m just learning, my buddy has one on order so I’m definitely curious about the whole process.

4 Likes

You can’t really screw up the potency because in the end if you get all the alcohol out, that gooey mess has pretty close to 750mg of THC no matter what… just as long as you got all the plant matter out first.

And like @NugFlush asked… you infused it butter or alcohol or both? Can the MBM do alcohol?

5 Likes

yes I decarbed it & ran it thru the filter bag that came with the machine. I put a bit under my tounge just a while ago & got my answer, I put it back in just before it was finished & its in the fridge now waiting for the chocolate tommorrow. Thanks
Edit- yes with everclear. I was worried about the difference in weight it was deffinitly plant matter but still had some life in it.
Edit again- it was onna electric stove. an again thanks
And again- I was pouring it in the pan a littlee at a time thats how i noticed the seditmetn in the measuring cup, abig measuring cup I think if it was for making carteriges it would have beenok.

6 Likes

I can’t be certain because I haven’t done it with a coffee filter or boiled it down,but that looks like good oil to me.Unlesd there’s vegetable material or something in it it should be useable.I will acquiesce to the opinion of the others who may know more.

2 Likes

Making me so hungry right now! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sorry,

Was traveling Home and just saw this.

Looks like everyone here has you covered.
Shout if you need any more help!

3 Likes

@pillsbury I forgot to mention, I do not grind my cannabis anymore, I only break it up by hand into about the size of a large grain of rice or a little bigger… That will definitely show you what is plant matter. Using alcohol, the liquid to be evaporated off should be pretty clear.

2 Likes

Hungry!!

Looking good @Caligurl

3 Likes

Sorry I had to bailout for a bit my spelling & grammer just went to crap for a bit from my sampling (I’m a cheap date) I didn’t break mine up much at all to decarb it. The machine has a small blade inside that comes on & off during the process & chops it up. The stuff I filtered had a resonable buzz so I dumped it back in. Alot of it was empty tricome case’s it looked like under a scope. Kept a small piece out to examine. Tomorrow I’ll go to town & get some chocolate to try my hand at that, I have two molds that are 2 grams per serving, so I’ll scratch both ends of myself & come up with some figures on potency. The machine is good but I’ve made it before with the freezer method & that was good too. Not sure yet if the cost was worth it or not. The decarb box that came with it is ok but I wouldn’t use it in the city lot of smell excapes from it, the seam where the lid fits on came apart while baking. Canning jar method will be used next time as it did better I think.

4 Likes

Thanks for your help, yesterday I made 42, 2 gram chocolate drops that are quite potent. Used 2 grams & a bar of milk chocolate. Tastes great & makes sleeping easier, also helped with pains. I’m thinking of adding terpenes on next go around.

3 Likes

Let me know the details and how that goes!

1 Like

Will do, I made a pan scraper out of a piece of milk jug worked great.

5 Likes