Concentrates Blog

Love it! Thanks for the post @Caligurl. Appreciate you taking the time to do this concentrate tutorial. Very detailed and informative :+1:

7 Likes

Nice post on concentrates I will be following.

3 Likes

I like it! One question. I have been making gummies for a couple years and never oiled the silicone forms. Do you find this helps with release of the gummies?

5 Likes

Hey @Bubblehead I’ve also been making gummies for a couple years. I once forgot to oil the molds and was surprised at how much oiling them does help.

7 Likes

Duh! Thanks!! Happy New Year!

4 Likes

I do. I first made gummies with a tincture that was oil based and didn’t have a problem, then I switched to the alcohol based and they weren’t horrible to get out but lightly oiling them seemed to be easier.

8 Likes

I made about 600 gummies to give out for the holidays and forgot to oil my molds. Haha, I just gave everyone the gummies in the molds after struggling to pop 50 out.

15 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Interesting…my recipe is a little different but I’ve never had big issues getting them out of the molds.

4 Likes

GUESS WHAT??? IT’S NATIONAL PASTA DAY!!!
In honor of that special day, I made cannabis infused stuffed shells with marinara sauce!

7 Likes

Header Marinara
@Jmky105 @emgoldslo @Suckerpunch @Covertgrower @Weedlover1 @SmoknGranny @GreenJewels @Yamimommy @KeystoneCops

First thing is dosing. Recipe makes 8 servings and I want each serving to be approximately 13mg THC

1gram concentrate = 750 so to get 13mg:
8 X 13 = 104
750 / 104 = 7.21
7.21 X .01 = .0721

Divide the oil into 2 separate dishes. 1 will be set aside to add the concentrate to and the other to sauté.

I took the one being infused and microwaved it for 30 seconds. Stirred in the concentrate and then back in the microwave for 15 seconds. I had to put it back in to warm it up just enough to fully melt the concentrate, It just can’t get too hot or it will start to destroy the cannabinoids.

Here are the two dishes of olive oil:
IMG_E2971

MARINARA SAUCE

1 Onion - diced
2 lbs blanched, peeled and diced tomatoes (or 4 cans)
6 cloves garlic - minced
1 can tomato paste
1 T Sugar
1T dry basil
1 T dry oregano
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
2 t balsamic vineagar

Put non-infused oil in a heavy pan and sauté the onions and garlic.

Add the remaining ingredients (minus the infused oil)
Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and allow to simmer for 1.5 - 2 hours.

IMG_2975

While the sauce is simmering, I boiled 1 box of extra large macaroni shells, drained and tossed with a little olive oil, then set aside to cool.

MACARONI SHELLS STUFFING:

1.5 Cups cottage cheese
1.5 Cups mozzarella (plus another cup for topping)
1/2 cups grated parmesan
2 eggs
2 T dry basil
2 T dry parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and stuff the shells.

When ready, preheat oven to 400.

Grease a large baking dish (or 2 smaller ones) with olive oil. Arrange the stuffed shells in the dish and pour about 3/4 of the marinara sauce over the shells. Top with 1 Cup of mozzarella.
IMG_2978

Bake uncovered until lightly bubbling.

Stir the infused oil into the remaining marinara sauce and pour it over the shells and bake only until the top is heated (about 10-15 minutes)

Bon Apetit!

25 Likes

Since I can only mention 10 people at a time…
Happy National Pasta Day!

@TokerGuy @Bubblehead @NugFlush @Deepsix @EYE69MYSELF @Nothingshocking

9 Likes

Looks yummy I’ll be watching :laughing: :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Excellent tutorial! I’ll have to find a gluten free substitute… :wink: no worries, you didn’t know. I do still love pasta though, it just doesn’t love me.

That concentrate in the oil though… that looks like a good time.

6 Likes

Good times indeed! I love the low dose for main dish, I’ve heard you can bring your guests ‘back down’ by introducing a CBD snack in between courses… have you ever heard that?

4 Likes

Looks goooood how i have the munchies.

3 Likes

Looks yummy!

3 Likes

Ya,finding gluten free pasta can be a challenge,I’m gluten free too.

4 Likes

So you only used .0721 of a gram? Just trying to check my math

4 Likes

I have heard of this, but I haven’t personally tried it.

4 Likes