Concentrates Blog

Was it 2 grams of wax/dab or was there still liquid in it. If forgot to ask. If it was wax, the 1500mg divided by 42 so each drop had about 35mg each!

1 Like

It was dab but I put that stuff that I strained back in as it still had plenty of kick left in it. So it probably isn’t quite 35, I took a few over to friends that use daily (all day) for opinions. Only one back so far “great body buzz, strong and very long lasting”. What ever they say, it works for me but I’m a light weight (not so on body weight). I’m gonna try northern lights terpenes from tru terps or Abstrax next with it. And I’m going to keep the strained stuff from the coffee fiter separate for other things, so I will have better accuracy of potency on the next batch.

5 Likes

I think I would still rather not use the stuff you strained out for a dab - it’s definitely plant material. Next time. you could always do another quick wash with what filtered out with Everclear then strain again and see what concentrates down.

6 Likes

You can definitely dab it I made my first batch came out really good. Only thing is that seems like a really long wash. A real quick wash and you get a cleaner oil shake it up for only like 30 to 45 seconds then strain. You can even do a second wash on it won’t b as strong and will usually be darker again but the longer it’s in the alcohol the more cloryphill is drawn out of it. Got a really good book on making all sorts of extracts and been reading up on it.

6 Likes

Love your recipes so far I love cooking with cannabis I do a lot of savory dishes myself I want to start doing gummies and desserts though

3 Likes

Honestly I make my butter right on the stove or a crock pot on the stove melt down a lb of butter add about two cups of water never let the water run dry you can add more if needed decarbed trim I’ve put wax kief however strong you like it simmer very low min of three hrs stirring frequently of course you can add seasoning if using it for savory or unsalted butter for baking after it’s simmered for a few hrs strain through cheesecloth I get these funnel things that look like it has a sock for a strainer they work great and I use a fine sieve also to catch the material now take the bowl with all the liquid cover it put in fridge over night come back the next day you should have a perfect chunk of butter floating on water just dump it out and dry the bottom and get to cooking also the fattier the product your infusing the better the molecules bind better to fat you can infuse cream milk anything really coconut is great also

5 Likes

I have tried the same process. Then I found @Caligurl and she introduced me to QWET process. Both times I used trim and larfy buds with mediocre results. I’ve been harvesting over last week, and should have good supply. Going to try qwet process again but this time use nice buds. I just feel you have more flexibility with the concentrate, versus infusing butter. Such as gummy’s, or the Italian treat @Caligurl posted earlier this week.

7 Likes

I put dab in butter too make it super potent

4 Likes

Following

3 Likes

I know, right? I won’t ever make butter again! It’s sooo much easier to make accurate dosing with the wax! All you do is melt the butter and then stir in the concentrate… bam!

7 Likes

Could you go with 2 ounces?

2 Likes

And… does it have to be a silicone baking dish?

2 Likes

Silicon makes it much easier and cleaner to work with the concentrate.

4 Likes

You can do as much as you want… yesterday I just did 3 ounces at once.

2 Likes

Following. Love the information you are sharing

3 Likes

Thank you @GrammaP! Welcome! As you can see plenty of people here giving their ideas which is total awesomeness!!

3 Likes

What is the name of that book please?

2 Likes

Cooking with marijuana. It really is a great book sry it’s bong appetit

2 Likes

Tristan- does it give explicit instructions on how to make vape oil? Thanks!

3 Likes

What kind of oil you want to do a quick wash or what @ccason oil you put in a cart

here’s the book. If your making the oil into a vape cart you get some terpene oil off online and can add that supposedly then you can cart it up I’m ordering some to give it a try since I’m gonna run another batch with my gold leaf just harvested

11 Likes