Complete Beginner, Found White On Leafs! Please Help!

I would increase the nutrients to 35ml and see if there’s an improvement. Double check PH. @weednoob

Ok will do! I have been slightly under playing the nutes in fear of nute burning them!
@Covertgrower

If you don’t see an improvement you my have to add more than just that. I looked on their website but didn’t see a schedule. If one came with I would recommend looking at it. @weednoob

@MidwestGuy @Covertgrower @MrPeat
Right, my Cal Mag has arrived so I’ll start using immediately!
I’ve just tested the PH of my run off, it was the run off from two large and one small pot though. And it was showing very high! Why would this be when I am only giving the plants 5.8 - 6.2 water??

Probably something unique to coco, and I wish I could help with that, but I don’t have any coco experience.

@MidwestGuy Strange isnt it! I think @Covertgrower is the only one who has Coco experience here !
I will test each plants run off separately but it should be the same anyway.

MattyBear Has coco experience as well. The coco you used may not have been buffered, but it’s an important step. @weednoob

So knowing the ph is off, get that back in line, and see what the plant does before increasing nitrogen. It was clearly locked out from the ph being off.

Sorry I’m not a Coco grower. Soil is my jam.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower The coco I use is canna coco coir plus, which is supposedly buffered and calcium enriched. The only thing I can think is it could be the Westland Fish, Blood and Bone fertilizer I have been mixing in with the Coco?
Says nothing about PH on the box though.

Did you ph your nutrient solution after adding the fertilizer? @weednoob

The fertilizer is power form and has been added directly to the coco.

I always PH test my water after adding my nutes and liquid seaweed though.

Adding that to top, isn’t recommended. It’s supposed to be mixed in. I’m familiar with the coco canna line up.

I also would only recommend mixing that into soil, because coco is coco. No nutrients.

Yes I mixed the westland (fish, blood and bone fertilizer) in with my Coco before I potted the plants.

@Covertgrower Oh ! I misread your comment.

That’s why I mixed it in with the coco because there is no nutrients?

So I guess all your nutrients should be purely in your water?

How do I increase the nitrogen ? @Covertgrower

The fish fertilizer has probably the most nitrogen. If you’re using the canna nutrient line increase the veg base.
But I would wait until your plant recovers from the ph. It should start to grow green again. @weednoob

Look on your nutrient bottles. It has an N-P-K ratio on it. The very first number is nitrogen content. Then phosphorus, then potassium. (K)

Thank you as usual @Covertgrower

I’ve tested the run off several times now, on each plant separately and the PH is much higher than when the water goes in.
Three plants tested, 9.2, 8.1 and 8.5.
I done a little research and found many people saying to not pay too much attention to run off PH in coco? Is this right? @MattyBear Would you happen to know the answer to this?

Did you calibrate your PH meter?
Just to see if it’s accurate, you can stick it in some white distilled vinegar and it should be approximately 4ish in the PH level. Unless you have PH test packets. @weednoob