Complete Beginner, Found White On Leafs! Please Help!

As long as your feeding to around 20% runoff consistently, you really only need to watch the ph you are feeding at going in. If your runoff is that high coming out, you might have been under watering and your coco became hydrophobic and spiked the ph up. I would flush with 6.0 water and feed on the last gallon in at the same ph.

Thank you Matty, I have been using 5.8 PH as advised by other Coco growers what is your opinion on the sweet spot for Coco?

Thank you for the advice!

I let it float between 5.8 to 6.4. That way all nutrients are available. Ph will crash in flower so letting it fluctuate is your best bet

1 Like

Great! Sounds good.
Is EC / TDS very important for coco ? I was wondering if it’s worth me buying the essentials meter.

You need a ppm/tds meter. It’s the only way to know exactly how much you’re feeding and for what stage of growth. It’s a tool every grower needs

1 Like

Right, finally taken delivery of my EC meter.
Am I right in saying my reading of 1989 microsiemens would be 1.98 ms and a little high for veg stage?

@Covertgrower

1 Like

Yes, and I suspect that’s why that plant looked the way it did. @weednoob

Between that and the uncalibrated PH pen which was actually 4.5 its quite understandable haha
To lower the EC in my 15 litre mix should i just add more pure water?

Yes. That will work.

As usual, thank you !

Out of likes, but you’re welcome!

1 Like

Most of my plants are doing really well lately, but this one (Sin Tra Bajo)is showing a few leaf tip issues. Any ideas ? Again thank you so much for the help, you’ve all helped soooooo much!

It’s only a few leaves on the plant but I want to correct what ever is going on before it gets bad ! @Covertgrower @MidwestGuy

The dark green lower leaves and the leaf tips starting to burn makes me think it is nitrogen toxicity. It’s not all that bad yet and I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Check your PPM and watch your nitrogen going forward and you should be okay.

It looks like you may have a bit of spotting from misting the leaves too?

FlxerPower Covered it. If you are misting STOP it! Lol.
I don’t foliar feed, because it causes too many issues. Especially in flower.

1 Like

No, not misting I think I must have got some drips on there while watering, it’s the only thing I can think.

I’ve brought the EC down to 1.75 for this batch of water and will bring it down to around 1.6 on the next batch. I didnt want to go from one extreme to the other top fast and shock the plants. My other plant has some similar colour would you say that its nitrogen then?

Looks like the beginning of nutrient burn.

1 Like

I presume it’s because the EC has been high since the start only got my EC pen not long ago so I’ve been bringing it down slowly. What should I be aiming for (in coco) 1.6??

Strange theres nute burn and other plants are doing fine? I suppose each strain is different

I’m not good with EC, and I forgot the conversion table. I have a TDS meter. Similar but different. @Myfriendis410 was it you that had the Co version table or can at least make sense of the EC reading?

1 Like

Hey guys! I hope all is going well for you all! My plants have been amazing lately, many if them.are in flower.
However two of my plants that are not quite in flower are showing some signs of distress.
Would I be right in saying the upturned leaves are due to the light be too close as this is my tallest plant?
As for the other one I have no idea as all other plants are fine.