Complete Beginner, Found White On Leafs! Please Help!

Hello,
I started the germination on the 8th December, all was looking well until today. I noticed there was white Mark’s on the leafs on 3 out of 5 plants.
Some of the Mark’s almost look like they’re running. Is this some disease or have I burned the leafs with my water/nutrients combination when u have sprayed them?

I hope I havent messed this up already!

1 Like

If it is little spots of light burn due to misting under the light, then you should be okay as it isn’t that big. If it is something else then a pic under natural light and a support ticket will be helpful.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the fast reply! I have only just joined this forum. No idea what to do just yet! Lol When should I raise a support ticket?

This is a support ticket. You fill it out and it just helps folks here help you.

Strain;
Soil or medium:
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or outdoor
Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day Night
Ventilation system;
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No

Strain; - Big Bud Auto
Soil or medium: - Coco
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? - 6.0
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS - coco veg nutrients, 7ml per litre.
Indoor or outdoor - indoor
Light system, size? - 2 x Viparspectra 165w
Temps; Day, Night - between 20-24
Humidity; Day Night
Ventilation system; currently not running as so young
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - ocilating fan
Co2; Yes, No - No

All looks pretty good to me, but I’m not a coco grower.

If you think it is light burn from water droplets, then I wouldn’t worry about it. Keep an eye on it though.

Thank you, I will get a few pictures with out the grow lights tomorrow.
Should I continue to water or leave them for a little bit to recover?

Seedlings don’t need much water. Waterings should be measured in milliliters are this point.

1 Like

I have a Blue Mystic seedling about that size right now. I only give it maybe 2 ml of water a day.

I had been giving a few sprays to each pot twice per day. I will cut this right down then! Thanks

1 Like

A few sprays a day is probably about right.

You’re doing well, my friend.

I would have to agree with @MidwestGuy. Slow your roll on watering. Try to keep water droplets off leaves acts like a magnifying glass under lights

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome to the community you might consider using a dome and mist the inside of the Dome couple times a day for moisture and higher humidity. Have fun with your grow.

Welcome the forum @weednoob. I wouldn’t mist at all, and just install domes over the top. You can see the consequences of misting, water droplet magnifying glasses.
Tag other growers using the @ symbol and their screen name. @Covertgrower they’ll see the notification.
Happy growing!

1 Like

I don’t use more than 5 ml of water per feeding. If it looks a little damp, I will add some a few inches from where the baby come up. It don’t take much to keep seedlings happy.

No dome for my seeds.

Thank you everybody who has commented! This forum is great!
Two of my five seedlings look ok today but the others are a little worse for wear. One has really white leaves.

Dont know if you can see properly on this image.

I just going to guess and say that that last pic has symptoms of overwatering. We all find it hard to avoid the temptation to baby our plants, but the truth is that days will go by where you won’t see any progress at all and then one day you are shocked that they seemed to have sprung up three inches taller seemingly overnight.

I personally don’t dome my seedlings and have done fine, but I do maintain a humidity in my tent above 60% during the seedling stage with small humidifiers.

I literally feel like I am underfeeding my seedlings and have learned to get comfortable with it. Until the seedlings pop a 3 leaf node, I never give them more than 2ml of water maybe every other day. It is far better to underwater them. If you do happen to underwater them, then they will tell you. You can then give them a bit of water and they will self-heal within just a few hours. You can’t heal an overwatering situation like that.

It’s far, far better to underwater than it is to overwater. When they first break the soil they really don’t need anything for a few days.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the advice @MidwestGuy is that seedling done for ?
Or if I cut back on the water will it be ok?