Cold Germination

@MrPeat @Skydiver @repins12 @LoCoRock
Repotted last night! Only had two fabric pots though so I went and bought the only decent pot I could find! Used 50/50 light warrior and happy frog. I removed two from the pot and kept one in. Kinda just to experiment for myself. Also… noticed some yellowing and change of color in the bottom leaves. Is this just because they are closest to the soil? What might be causing this and is it a worry? Or how I can fix it? Thanks!!

From the pics 5 days ago it looked like the lowest leaves were showing some yellow/browning on a couple. So 4 days later did they get worse?Did you mix the soil together or layer it with happy at bottom and warrior light on top?
It will take some time for the plants roots to adjust to the new home.
Give it some time and let us know if after a couple more days it gets worse…starts affecting other leaves…the ones that are showing won’t recover so they will stay like they are.
Water only for now at least another 3 weeks or more.
No nutrients for now

Now I did this my second time around and I’ve had 1 of 9 seed come through in a week

Ouch…I have been extremely lucky. Outside transplanting.

Yeah they’re all ILGM strains too.

I mixed it up. What is preferred? Layers or mixed? It definitely is worse than before the transplant but only those bottom leaves have been affected. I will keep an eye on it and repost in a couple days. I watered today to try to wash it out a bit… I haven’t used any nutrients other than what is already inside the soil. And have been using filter water.

I took some pics out of the LED the leaves don’t look as yellow as I thought but are still changing so we will see. Also, this is the light I’m using, is this enough for my setup?

this is a 4 ft flourescent light $20 bucks i use on seedlings and clones

1 Like

and i have seeen people on here use CFLs for their babies too. harbor freight carries a string set up that u can use CFLs in like outdoor party lights i am going to use them too

1 Like

Okay very nice to know! How old are those plants?

i will have to check my journal small ones are clones from a jack herrer photo and others are seedlings maybe 6 weeks?

1 Like

march 15 i took the clones

1 Like

Okay cool trying to envision and compare haha thanks a lot!

seedlings march 6 i try to put it in my journal so i can check i never remember

um 22 days doesnt equal 6 weeks what a dufus

Okay so about 4/5 days ahead of me… got it!

1 Like

you will be able to go back and check your journal for milestones. i learned that different people age their plants diff. i always say from seed because i dont exactly know when veg starts

So I’m just over 3 weeks and I feel like I noticed a slow down in growth a bit… is this cause they are autos they seem smaller?? I checked ph and my meter is inbetween 7 and 8… I’m guessing I should probably do a good flush?? What ph should I put my water too? Any other things you notice or want to suggest??

@pptrsha1 @LoCoRock @MrPeat @Skydiver this makes one full month! Two are growing pretty well I feel like! The third is just trailing behind… not sure what’s going on with that but we will see!! Also anything you guys see? Am I even taking the right kind of pics to see how they are? Thanks ahead!!

2 Likes

It’s the middle one that’s growing slower… it’s significantly shorter but looks fine? Idk

1 Like