Thank you. Hopefully will be trying to start some clones at some point in the near future, & maybe some mothers later on, but with different beans.
Three faster ones, three slower ones…
I’ll get to the pac-man husk on the stem next time I go in there…
Thermpro: Probably fine for now but I can adjust air temp & rh up or down from here. Air temp exhaust fan runs for about 10 to 20 seconds, about every eight minutes or so.
Heat mat has been turned off, I haven’t stowed it away yet. I ran it only until they sprouted up.
Roots out the bottom, so time for 4" netpots & planters.
A couple looked like they were starting to complain.
The Thermpro readout tightens up when everything gets cool enough to stay under the exhaust fan sensor setpoint. I’m fine with it either way. I’ll start checking & recording leaf temps & running the Leaf VPD numbers soon. Going by my past leaf temp checks, I’m guessing that they will be around 10f to 15f lower than the air temps at any given time.
PPFD meter says 180, which works out to a DLI of 15.5.
It’s been about 12 days since I planted these into the rockwool cubes. I’m behind on my nutes, still on the first week ratio at 25% strength. Going to go to week2 ratio & a 60% increase in strength for the next few days, before going to the week3 ratio & maybe another little bump in strength.
The two on the left have had a couple necrotic spots on the first leaf sets since right before I stuck them in the 4" pots. The others started to show them, but they only kept developing on the two on the left. I think I may have used a dropper with some pH down on it to feed them with, not really sure. Not too worried about it at this point.
Thermpro readout: (Leaf temps have been running around 10 to 12f lower than air temps, when I have checked them.)
The front left plant already has a couple wispy roots poking out of the bottom.
Main Cab renovations are nearly finished, & it should soon be ready to accept one of these plants.
Went to Week2 nute ratio for a day, & then Week3 nute ratio over the past couple days. 200ppm, 5.8 pH.
All have roots out the bottoms & are ready to go into a bucket.
Light was lowered by one link. PPFD 215, DLI 18.5 :
Leaf temps have been 10f to 12f lower than air temps, when I have checked them.
I’m getting ready to pick one of these to move to the main cab within the next day or two. They are starting to get root-bound & I’ve already pruned some roots growing out the bottoms. They are ready to be moved into a bucket or bonsai root-pruned asap.
Still feeding week3 ratio @ 300ppm, 5.9-6.0 pH .
I’ll pick one to move, & I’ll bonsai at least some of the rest & keep in here for a minute, & I also want to get my aero-cloner going again. It’s been a while & I forget a couple details on exactly how I liked to use it, but I have had it going well before. Cloning was always a pita until I set up & dialed in the aerocloner.
The plants have started to clear the water dishes by the end of the day, & as a result, the leaf temps gained a little when I measured them tonight. Leaf temps tonight were more like 8-10f lower than air temps, vs. 10-12f lower when they weren’t clearing the dishes by the time I was measuring them.
Started them on Week4 ratio at 20% strength. PPM around 300.
pH a little high at 6.3, but they will be getting fresh nute-mix tomorrow.
Pruned some more roots out the bottoms, & filled up the trays with a little more water than yesterday.
Great job on your plants and thread…Well done
Thank you. I have to pick one to plant in my main cab. Probably going to go with the ‘smelly stem test’ to see if one seems better than any of the others. The rest will be hanging around in here so I can practice some bonsai & some cloning.
Started bonsai root-pruning. After tapping out the lava below the net-pot & untangling the roots, I pruned them off leaving enough to hang into some water, after going back into the outer cup & into the water tray. But I didn’t put any lava back in between the bottom of the net-pot & the bottom of the outer cup.
I still have to do the two on the left, & I’ll get to them tomorrow:
Took care of pruning the final two last night.
Ramen noodles: I pruned them as posted above.
Live or die.
I raised the Thermpro & RH sensor up. Probably time to raise the fan temp sensor up also.
Thermpro in warmer air now:
Pruned the lower growth & topped the plants, leaving two internodes each. I may go to one internode each. Also I have been pruning roots as they grow out of the drain-holes.
I raised PPM to 400 for the past few days, & then back down to 325-350 for today & will run that for the next few days. Nute ratio is GH Flora ‘Week4’. pH has been around 6.0. I reduced RH target slightly.
(Leaf temps are running about 10f lower than surrounding air temps/ Leaf-temperature offset is around -10f.)
Nice and healthy