Central VA purple Haze - first grow

It was. Early Purple haze is very creative

1 Like

According to my feeding schedule, this should be the last week for bloom nutes, and then, two weeks to flush. Hope I’m doing this right.

2 Likes

looking absolutely DELICIOUS!!! very soon friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

The disaster which was the early harvest due to broken branches has turned out fairly well. The immature buds have a delightful buzz and I’m looking forward to the more mature crop.

2 Likes

The storm damaged branches have been drying for a week, so I’ve started trimming.

3 Likes

The branch that broke a few months ago healed perfectly, but withered today, suddenly. I had to snap it off the stalk. Note to self: honey works!

Once I trimmed the wilted leaves, my hands smelled like ginger. Has anyone ever gotten that scent from purple haze?

2 Likes

I ordered hygrometers and got them today, so I’ll start curing my early harvest in a jar. Got a little trimming to do.

2 Likes

It’s just a waiting game now. Found a little bud rot this morning and cut it out. I’m wondering if the purple girl is almost ready.

2 Likes

Another girl had a spot that I thought was bud rot. I cut it out and it looks like there’s a spider web in there. Is this a spider mite problem instead?

Looks like a caterpillar had some munches! I’ve caught them in the hole before the Cap. Jacks.
Nasty little critters.

4 Likes

That’s what I did. Sprayed them down. I’ll def have to have a good bud wash. Thanks. @Tylersays

1 Like

Yikes! Bud rot on three different plants! I cut it out but if I see anymore, I may decide to harvest what I’ve got. Would that be a bad thing? I know they’re not quite ready yet, but I don’t want to lose everything.

Found another spot. I’m thinking II’ll have to harvest.

@oldmarine @Tylersays @TheVirginian @Lacewing

Got any advice?

1 Like

My advice would be to have less mature than lose any
Just my opinion
Perfect is hard to come by and sometimes good enough is just as good

Make sure you save all your trim material if you wanna make edibles
I am and it’s not so hard to extract using QWET method

1 Like

That’s what I’m leaning toward. I had some storm damage a few weeks ago and dried that. It’s pretty darned good, so I think I’ll cut my losses. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Ypu look to be close or even ready in my opinion just going by pistol recede

I pulled mine to the early side and love both my herb harvests more than any herb I’ve ever had

2 Likes

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I have a plant that was infested. Sprayed it down real good and still going to lose about 1/3 of the plant.

2 Likes

Yeah - I’m chopping 1 maybe 2 tonight. I stopped nutes a couple of weeks ago, my pistils are browning over and the fans are shriveling, so it’s time.
Every time I start thinking it’s time for the New York Diesels they put out a fresh flush of shiny, white pistils.
According to the seed info from the sales side the NYD should take longer than the Granddaddy Purple to finish, so that seems about right on.

I need to run up to the store and get more peroxide, lemon juice and baking soda, just in case 2 girls meet their demise.

I will shed a tear of sorrow from my left eye, and a tear of joy from my right! :joy:

I hope it’s awesome for you!!! She’s got some beautiful buds!!

HGE!!

2 Likes

I’m trying to harvest while working…umm, from home. I’ve found a little more bud rot… not too much. Haven’t even gotten 2 plants trimmed and washed since yesterday evening! Still have 1/3 of the second plant to harvest. This is decent stuff too.

3 Likes