Hi everyone. I’ve been enjoying the site for quite a while now and was encouraged to start a grow journal, so here we go.
I soaked my seeds first and then, began the paper towel method. Once they were ready, I put them in degradable cups with organic garden soil. The first one sprouted on 5/29 and the others weren’t far behind. I sprayed them with distilled water until they were little taller and then, mostly kept the cups moist and that worked well until I putthe cups into bigger pots.
I kept the plants inside until July, mostly because of legal issues, but also because we had some cooler nights. I took them out during the day and back in at night. Once I transplanted to 5 gallon fiber bags. I left them outside full time.
I’m growing on my deck because there’s a large deer population in this area and I’ve lost a lot of my vegetable garden to their culinary whims.
So far, I’ve had trouble with spider mites and leaf hoppers and treated the mites with insecticidal soap, which caused some leaf burn, but overall, they look good.
Looking forward to this journey and thanks to everyone for your advice and support.