Cat Dad’s Five Strain Fiasco

Lmao, @CatDadPower I’m glad you explained so well. I knew some people would transplant like that but didn’t know the why part so thank you. I’m in coco so every day nutes/water they’re telling me now they are thirsty so I’ll up watering. I wish I knew when I was a wk or 2 away from harvest! We can ask advice/give advice but you gotta do what’s right for you & your plants. Now, I gotta go doctor my wounds from a fight with the devil cat! I lost. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Oh no! Definitely wasn’t throwing any shade at anyone’s growing style but I know when I first started, I received some snarky comments. I think any growing style that produces the bud you’re looking for is a successful grow personally. I just like to be extra thorough in my explanations to make for better discussion and so people can follow along better (in real life I’m told I talk too fast, so the internet is my place to slow down and complete an actual cogent thought for once ) :slightly_smiling_face:

In a world where we’re continuing to throw more nutrients, more soil, more irrigation systems, more lights at these plants… so many of us get lost in the minutia and lose focus of the big picture. I think we, the cannabis growing community, have a horrible habit of wanting to throw the kitchen sink at our plants thinking it will be make more bud.

I advocate so hard for progressive transplanting into amended soils like OF after the 1g stage because it reduces the risk of human error. Possible salt retention and the necessity to flush coco is exactly the reason why I don’t use it — for me it’s just one more variable that can make things go awry. Clonex, Cal-Mag, Mag-Sulfer, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom are all I will use the next grow.

Another fun fact, I don’t pH my water with a meter, I use dip sticks. pH doesn’t need to be nearly as precise as the internet talking heads will say, frankly anything 5.75-6.4 is getting fed to my plants. I think PPM is an infinitely more valuable number to obsess over, personally.

3 Likes

looking awesome, well done

3 Likes

A public social forum needs to remain on topic & under no circumstances should someone be belittled. We’re all learning & no matter how much they think know, take a breath & walk away because no one knows everything. If you’re a dad I wish you Happy Father’s Day!.

3 Likes

I’m a bit lazy but at the same time I need to control my space. This is my 1st & have been using the Jacks nutes in coco/perlite. A good brick of coco should already been washed & buffered. I re-hydrated it with Jacks & planted in 5gal fabric. I’ve given some fishit, recharge, molasses & MKP. I wish I could just look at the plants & know they’ll be ready in a week.

1 Like

I’m just a little confused, I hope you don’t think I was belittling you or anyone. I was not ranting, arguing, or saying anything with any ill intent —I was just giving a thorough explanation. My apologies if that’s the way it came across.

3 Likes

Amnesia Haze, Week 12. Starting to check tricomes.

7 Likes

@CatDadPower omgoodness no! Never crossed my mind. I was speaking in general. It’s a habit to say we vs you. I work with children so I have to say things so they don’t feel like I’m getting on to them. Those habits don’t go away easily but no I never thought anything negative so I apologize it I came across that way. Don’t think another thought on that! :grin::metal::v::v:

3 Likes

Whew! Huge relief! I’ll be starting a new thread soon and I’ll be sure to tag!

3 Likes

Congratulations on your awesome grow. Yes, please do tag me :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like