Cat Dad’s Five Strain Fiasco

check out this forum post before you buy more jars…

Anyone using “grove bags” to cure?

if you decide this is your next step in your grow adventure…go to the grove website and not thru Amazon to buy them…

7 Likes

dang…thats a sweet harvest, i think i see a jar with my name on it

5 Likes

Hell, I’d love to hear some reviews from my first grow! :rofl:

4 Likes

Puff puff pass! They look great!

4 Likes

Well ladies and gents, here’s a massive update: we still have a bit more chocolope drying and two whole amnesia haze still growing!

Curing! From top to bottom in rows: white widow, cherry pie, big bud, chocolope. Still have yet to dry and cure the amnesia haze.

A little bud shot from chocolope strain.

8 Likes

well done, thats a serious stock pile congrats

2 Likes

Congratulations on your harvest. My stash is get dangerous low I hope I can stretch it out so I don’t run out. Enjoy :blush::v:

1 Like

@Flitme @BudzMS Thank you both!

2 Likes

youre welcome, is my name still on one of those jars? theres so many i cant find it lmao

2 Likes

You bet, my army brothers never have to bring their own bud :metal:t4:

3 Likes

oh hell yeah, just a lighter lol

3 Likes

Unfortunately 12 weeks doesn’t seem like a remote possibility right now, these girls just wanna keep getting fatter and sassier :man_shrugging:t2: But seriously these nugs are massive! 8-9 inches from top to bottom on the main colas already. Today marks day 72, and I think we still have a good amount of time left.

8 Likes

What strain you got growing? @CatDadPower They’re beautiful & look like pretty Christmas trees!

1 Like

These are amnesia haze (feminized). They along with the chocolope and big bud I grew came in the high yield mix pack.

1 Like

Alright everyone were in the home stretch! The amnesia hazes are HUGE now! They’re fading nicely, more more nutes.

7 Likes

@CatDadPower Greetings and salutations! Nice grow, pretty kitty…All electrical outlets I use for the Magic Bean Garden are on 30 AMP Breakers and I have 3 outlets…Had the builder install them when the house was built in 2006 along with an extra 200 AMP Breaker Box…Not sure what the cost and effort is to upgrade your electrical outlets to 30 AMP Breakers…I am the epidemy of a Non-DIY…I don’t mess with electrical or gas projects (or anything else really). If you open my tool box, I own a hammer…I single-handedly keep allot of the local economy afloat because I hire Professionals…my 2 cents…but again, those are some pretty ladies you got there…I wish you continued success…regards to the cat…Be well, stay safe…

4 Likes

Thank you very much for that great information! Thank you, and be well too!

1 Like

@CatDadPower More nutes? How much different do you feed at this stage? One of mine still hasn’t fattened up & cloudy trichs…I think. Is there something I can do to fatten them up? I’m feelding Jacks with MKP & molasses. Recharge 1-2x wk. Hurry up & wait is a hard concept for me :joy:

1 Like

@Mhcnola I barely feed, period. Other than cal mag, the fox farm trio is incredibly superfluous if you progressively transplant and slowly ramp light production to maximum as the plant nears the end of its life. A lot of of people will yell and scream that light should be turned up to max during most, if not all, of flower but my stance is that this unsupported by actual science. I follow the Welcome to the Grow Tent growing style. On my first grow, I found this growing style about halfway through, so do not judge the method solely on my run. I’m a beginner but I’m still going to pull 1.5-2 pounds easily even with colossal mess-ups along the way.

I go grow plugs for 3-4 weeks with only clonex and spring water (yes spring and not distilled). Then move to solo cups, HF, and mycorrhiza. I add about 50ppm of cal mag around week 3 every other watering, switching back and forth between that and clonex. I will top in this stage as well. I transplant when I have to water every 3 days or less BY WEIGHT not appearance. I let the soil get close to bone dry before watering, just before wilting occurs.

They officially begin Veg when they are transplanted to 1 gallon pots in HF. Again. Nutrients are not initially needed at this stage, just use cal mag to help those purple stems, especially if using RO or distilled. There’s enough in the HF for them to last until the flip to veg if doing a standard 4-6 week . MAYBE you’ll need one blast of a high N supplement like Grow Big to carry you into flower. If your stems are purpling, you’re falling behind in most cases unless it’s a strain specific trait (although it rarely is at this stage ).

Again, when watering frequency is 3 days or less I transplant to OF in a 3 gallon pot. This influx of nutrients should also last most if not all of this stage. FINALLY, I’ll do one final transfer to 5 gallon pots and more OF for the final leg of the grow when I have to water more than every 3 days. This will be their final home.

Mag Sulfer is switched out with Cal Mag at flower week 3. Again, maybe I’ll at some bloom at the tail end but I don’t give them a darn thing 2 weeks out or less other than water and mag sulfer. I use water final week.

3 Likes

Sorry and I meant to respond with, “no more nutes,” which probably caused some confusion! Feeding for me is dictated by PPM runoff, not a schedule.

2 Likes