Candy Cane Autos from Crop King (2nd grow)

Started soaking 3 Candy Cane autos tonight. Just installed an air intake to bring in cool air for the grow a very welcome upgrade. Also added a second 6 inch hurricane for more air movement. Will still be using my AGLEX as I cannot afford an upgrade to HLG until new year.

5 Likes

This morning after a good 16 hour soak in a cup of spring water I placed them in doubled up paper towel on a plate and soaked it enough to be breathable but moist. I check every 6 hours roughly to keep it moist because this time of year my house is fairly dry. Now we wait for the 1/2- 3/4 inch taproot to pop.

4 Likes

Week 1 above soil. Happy Frog, ro water only.
Averaging 1/2 inch roughly of growth a day. Should take off now there is some leaves for collecting rays. Watering when needed and not alot. Transferred to final pot directly from paper towel. These are only 3 gallon but held 14 liters of soil so I went with these as a happy medium. So far so good.

3 Likes

Looking nice! Ive set to watch if you dont mind! :+1:

1 Like

Sure. First set of Autos Ive run inside.

1 Like

@Hellraiser
Using r/o water soley for whole grow, just curious how you water your seedlings. I am using a spray bottle to mist the soil once a day but my question in all this rambling is: Is it ok to ph balance r/o water using ph up/down if you’ve already done it once already? 24 hours the ph drifted almost to 7. Wondering if you have any insight on this. I’d hate to be wasteful with water but if need be I will just make smaller batches.

1 Like

I water my seedlings fully, usually 4-5 oz of water whenever their cup gets light and dry, like every 4 or 5 days at start, than more often as sprouts grow. I never spray or mist my seedlings. Ph’ing RO or distilled water is useless as it won’t hold a ph, not enough TDS to hold a ph. If you want it to hold a ph, mix in enough tap water to be over 100ppm.

2 Likes

Im just misting soil not the actual plants but ty for the education always appreciated.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of misting soil either as it only makes the top of the soil wet unless you mist it a whole lot., if it needs water, pour some water in.

1 Like

Yeah they are getting big enough they can take a watering. I had a slight over water on one so I opted for misting until the roots became more established.

1 Like

Week 2 begins today. Growing quite fast and it 3 inches high just working on 3rd node. Growth is easily noticed by naked eye. No nutes yet as I am using happy frog in 3 gallon fabric pots. Temps hover between 25 - 26.8 and rh is 70%. Will be dropping rh by 5% a week.

1 Like

Started LST on two and leaving other two as they’re already small and will be low yielders I am sure. Growing almost an inch a day the back two. The front two had minor mishaps. They had their first full drink and loved it. Everything is staying nicely in my selected ranges. RH has been dropped to 60% temps down to 25.2 degrees celcius. Looking good for being 21 days from seed. I will continue to update once a week unless there are some issues arising. Nutes are at 1/8th recommended strength( Using AN Micro, Grow, Bloom as well as Calmag) So far so good. I have noticed on the back two I have genetic deformations. This strain from this vendor shows this on plants who produce quite well than others that do not in everything I’ve readand seen in others complete grows of this strain from same vendor. One guy pulled 240 grams on one auto with these anomolies. Hopefully I get the same kind of load off back two seeing as front two won’tbe monsters. The one front left looks as if it will be a single tall cola. Be interesting to see how she turns out.

1 Like

So today

I finally said screw this AGLEX because I found a HLG 550 Eco V2 for a decent price. Originally I couldn’t find one for any less than 1200.00 Cdn. Super stoked, now lets hope it arrives on a weekend while the wife works because I have zero explanation other than I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO HAVE I!¡!¡

2 Likes

That light looks bangin! :+1:

1 Like

Today mark’s the start of week 5. All are showing pistils now so they got the transition from veg to flower drink this morning. 3ml calmag, 1/8th micro, grow and bloom. Ph’d to 6.58. I have been stretching my ph range from 6.3-6.7 changing it ever so slightly each watering.
I have trained these plants almost flat. Vertical height is around 15 inches but if you look in photos the plant is maybe 4 inches tall. Been doing alot of leaf tucking, and using ties to pull out more tops. I accidently bent a leaf too far and broke it off, plant didn’t seem to mind. Actually opened up two more tops. I decided to LST all of them just to see differences each plant will take.
3 are showing heavy indica pheno, while the 4th is showing more sativa. Friday afternoon my 550 eco will be in and being put up at half power and working my way up too full power.

1 Like

@Hellraiser
I am looking to add uva and b into my tent but the HLG stuff is like 300 cdn. I came across these was wondering what you think them?
Solacure SuperB. Don’t want to break any rules posting website. They sound ok.

Yeah those flouro tubes are similar to what I used in the past, just be careful with UVB, turn them off when working under them, UVB will burn you much quicker than UVA, which is why I stick with UVA only these days.

1 Like

You always explain things so well. The knowledge you give is nothing short of amazing. Ty for the heads up.

1 Like

So lastnight my HLG arrived and my good god. What a MAJOR upgrade from the AGLEX. The plants responded almost immediately and looked much, much happier. Worth every penny.

1 Like

I have decided to take the smallest of the four and intentionally stress it out via topping, just snapped it right off. It responded immediately but in positive way by forcing all lower shoots to explode. It had one main cola now it has 5-6 growing fast. I am now of the mindset that topping autos is no problem to do and along with LST you can really reap the benefits. Also defolation shouldn’t cause any issues as long as its light and over a few days. My other three are shooting 10-12 tops each just with manipulating the main stock flat and bending it around rim of pot. Paperclips and garden wire are amazing to use on fabric pots. Seems to hold back stems/branches no problem, also saves holes in your pots for longer lifespan. I’ve been feeding them 2x a week and a plain ph water with calmag to push out any built up salts in pot the water following 2 feeds. LST will be ending soon as the stems are becoming really woody and stiff, but I will leaf tuck as I have been to keep my tops popping the new chutes are being pulled down as they aren’t stiff yet so until they do I will keep flattening the best I can. . Flowers are in full bloom. I cannot get enough of the quality of this light. So much so I am already looking at some of the newer ones. Anyone on the fence because of cost, HOP OFF AND TAKE THE PLUNGE. You will not regret the purchase. Weds/Thurs be first full bloom feed with roughly 7 weeks left. The trichs will tell if its longer. Really stinky already gonna be nice to see the finished product.