Candy Cane Autos from Crop King (2nd grow)

These ladies keep on chugging ahead. The smallest one has been the most impressive. As I previously stated I was intentionally stressing out the plant by topping it to see what it may or may not do. She responded extremely well to the topping and grew a bunch more tops like photos do. I get up this morning and those have grown quite a bit since. The stems feel pretty woody so from here on in its only the newer branches will be LST until they stiffen up. If these things keep on track I should only have this week left for the flowering stretch to finish so I have been working an hour every other day maintaining a very low and flat canopy. The main stem is swelling up so fast. The one thing I can honestly say I enjoy is the quick growth of the plant and visually seeing progress of each plant each day. Very noticeable. I am warming up to autos through this grow so far. My next run will be my White Widow/Big Bud strain I grew in my first journal but with this new HLG. If I got damn near 10 ozs off a AGLEX light there is no reason I cannot do that and more with proper feeding and vigilant training.
Rh55%, Temps 25.0 degrees celcius, watering about every 3 days but the girls are getting thirsty now. I added two more monkey fans to the tent and moved one clip fan up to replace higher watt fan that was blowing cool air across the top to cool. Cannot say enough good thing about HLG.

The main stems doubled in size in a few days.

These first two pictures are before the LST for the evening. I like to do it just before their lights out so I can see how quickly they rebound. 6 hours usually and they are already rebounded. Two are showing slight nute burn but its like 1 mm of the very leaf tip. Other two so far show no signs of it.

This photo is after some leaf tucking and re adjusting the ties already on and added some new ones. Looks sad but in 6 hours they will be upright and back at it. I’m limiting the amount of stress on these autos and they are rewarding me for it. I have contorted the stem around the pot the best I can. Hoping it stopsthis flowering stretch soon as I am running out of options Im tying off to whatever I can. Other branches, leaves etc. The one little lady I have intentionally stressed is growing well and to see her yield at harvest time will be interesting. I have set myself up as good as can be when the stretch stops and focus turns to buds soley. See what we get out of em. Big difference from 12 days ago, footprint is way larger. Had to space them out some. I increased light strength over the last two days so it sits 1000 par top of my flat canopy. Still not max power yet about 75% of max. See you all in a week!

2 Likes

We are moving along quite well. Plants seem very happy with feeding schedule and light. No problems to speak of. A few more weeks and I should be harvesting.

2 Likes

Trichs growth is amazing under this light. Big thank you to @Hellraiser and @dbrn32 as well as @NeoGroR. Need to use this one for atleast two years before I come up with a lame excuse as to why I need a 5x5 or a 6x6 and a new HLG lol.

3 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Looks great, nice growing!

2 Likes

Chugging along nicely. Filling out and starting to smell. Growing in winter is way easier for climate control. Mine has been near perfect for my settings. Hopefully it pays off. Ties are all off now. Stalk is circumference of a quarter. Much larger than my last crop. See you in a week.

2 Likes

Very informed to say the least. This man is worth the 45 minute watch. It may help assist some people to understand lighting better.
1 Like

@ValiumZ i watched Bugbee many times great advice with par reading and etc. Plants look great keep it up grow ur own stay medicated toke :up:

1 Like

One of my girls has a slight nitrogen def, none of the others seems to have it. Just gave it a nice soil rinse and re fed it with calmag, micro and bloom to get her back on track. Been fairly busy so its not much wonder this snuck up on me. I checked ph runoff and the ph drifted a bit so not sure why as soil is buffered but think I nipped it in the bud haha. Keep my eyes on it and hope I am right.

Ph meter crapped out so I think the last two waterings haven’t been at the ph I thought it was. Checked my runoff and one had ppm of 2300. In the process of flushing and then refeeding at half of what I normally would. I had to push 3 20 liter jugs for 1 hour to do this as wife has car. Oh and it is minus 20. Thanks to vivosuns craptacular ph meter :rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Always got calibrate those daily.

Thats just it I did. But this thing was out by almost a full point when I used last watering and I just caught it when I watered the straggler. It was reading correctly in solutions but for whatever reason it added a point on in feed water. So it was watering at 7.5, needless to say O spent a bit more money on a good one. Vivosun can take a hike.

@Hellraiser
Curious what ph meter you useif and when you still use em. I have tried 3 brands, HM, Vivosun, and some no name brand. Not sure if I have had a bad bunch or what. Followed instructions to a T but it seems they’re defective or just plain don’t work. The one that just arrived 20 minutes ago isn’t functioning out of the box. I’ve looked at bluelabs, Dr. Something a rather, both around 90-130. Just want a experienced opinion on some viable options. I think I corrected my issue with my pots but need ph pen to be sure. When you have time muchly appreciated.

1 Like

Here is what I took a chance on. Apera Kit at 115 cdn. If it works as well as it says it will be worth it. After spending roughly the same spent on 3 lower quality pens figured I’d buy something a bit better. Those others are just terrible. And I have decided to keep my TDS meters all of which work perfectly from other orders. The least they can do.

2 Likes

I’m using the Apera PH20, works great, have not had to recalibrate it for months.

1 Like

Excellent. Pretty sure thats the one I got.

1 Like

Yes, same one you posted. Did you get some storage solution? This is the one you want.

Yeah it has a whole kit for calibration , cleaning and storage. I think what happened was some water got inside the vivosun and fried the board. Thats on me so I need to be more careful.

$115 cdn for 3 8 oz bottles of calibration fluid 4, 7, 10, 4 oz bottle of storage solution, a cleaning brush, and a calibration cup for setting it and recalibrating. Came in a nice plastic carrying case with 2 additional bottles of calibration fluid. May buy a second soon just to have back up.

1 Like