Bulldognuts First Grow Journal

Yeah that was my half awake self, I figured I was making it to hard DLI is DLI at the end of the day and reach it lol.

I personally don’t run photos because they seem to grow slower so my turn over is slower, photos require more pruning/trimming /LST, transplanting and for the winters I do like running lights longer to keep my Temps stable.
Autos are so much easier if you don’t have the ability to sink as much time into the plants.

But this is a debate for another time

3 Likes

Hi @Bulldognuts, what’s up man, just catching up on your thread. It all passes inspection. :face_with_monocle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Lights look good. Tent looks good. Trays look good, Pots look good and more importantly your girls are looking real good.
Enjoy the grow man & set to watch :wink: :popcorn: :beers:

6 Likes

Sorry wasnt trying to get debate going was just trying to wrap my brain around it all lol. For me few years ago it was hang ur lights this distance with these switches on and see how plants react now im running with boards and dimmers and alot more to figure out.

4 Likes

You will catch on quick @Bulldognuts those are some bad*** lights and if I can do it you will have no problem! Can’t wait to see results with them

4 Likes

Thanks, @Mote I really am hoping things go well on this grow. I’m specifically growing the Green Crack for the wife’s medical issues. She needs something that won’t put her to sleep.

7 Likes

@EastCoastP6, all debates are welcome here. Well hopefully they would be about growing, and not politics or religion LOL. I love the give and take of people discussing ideas, thoughts, and experiences. I believe that this is one of the best ways of learning. I would love it if I ask a question and several people express their opinion.

5 Likes

You seem to be on the right track w your grow my friend.
I hope the green crack works wonders for your wife :+1: This is when I wish there was a dispensary, would save so much time. A lot of people from ny go to ma to buy, there are always lines at these places I’ve heard.
:v: :wink:

4 Likes

Yep, I’m in a illegal state. They haven’t even decriminalized possession yet. One of the main reasons I started growing. I could always get something but had to take what was available.

7 Likes

I have to agree with everyone else brother, all is looking outfreakingstandig. Your lights have really got my interest going. I may have to hit you up in the future, I am interested in building some lights of my own in the future. I also live in a state that it’s still illegal. Keep on keeping on my brother :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

4 Likes

Yep, I completely understand, but hey, I think its cool as hell that we can grow some decent stuff that we’ve selected for our particular needs as opposed to getting whats going around. :wink:

7 Likes

I’m hurting for a updated picture.

4 Likes

I agree

3 Likes

Here you go, was going to do one tomorrow. Noticed that a couple of leaves drooping a little. Getting close for first watering after transplant. Which brings me to the question. Should I start cal-mag or not. I had the problem on last grow of not being aware that when you up lighting you can have problems with this issue. I’m not going to worry about nutrients until I can get some good ppm readings. Read through some cal-mag threads last night. The consensus seemed to be definitely should start cal-mag. Need some guidance.

7 Likes

Okay refresh me what week we are at? I think the post started 2 weeks ago but your plants had already started I think can’t remember.

These are photos and in ffof & coco loco (50/50).
Why did you go 50/50 wish you would have gone 20% of that fox farms Coco loco (I’m trying to find it in my area)

Your lights are 18/6 right now right?

Okay well I think your good for cal mag but your probably going to need it next week or the week after, that being said wouldn’t hurt to feed a bit now but I just don’t think it’s needed, if you had less coco and more soil I would be saying no to cal mag at this point but your mix is not normal.

That’s just how I’m sorta seeing this, we are not seeing any signs that the plant need it right now, I would stat feeding it when you feed nutes.

4 Likes

@Nicky has some good points, I wouldnt mess w it till the next time as he mentioned.
Different medium than what I’ve used in past, and I start them on their calmag regiment fairly early.

Bottom line is they look good so…dont worry about it! :grin:

3 Likes

I had planned on changing that mixture, hopefully I don’t sound like a broken record but working as much as I do I just didn’t have time to get by hydro store. It is about 35 miles in the wrong direction for me to get there .Going to be off for 2 weeks after tonight. I have several things that I want to do regarding setup. I need to setup a way to raise plants so I can get readings from runoff. I’ll probably be asking a lot questions about several things. Don’t worry about hurting my feelings, I definitely have no problem with constructive advice.

1 Like

Okay well I think your good for cal mag but your probably going to need it next week or the week after

I used same mixture on last grow didn’t have problems with cal mag until about 4th week of Flower. I am on 18/6. Gotta get ready to go make the Donuts. Some of you elder folks will get that reference.

3 Likes

Okay well you have a baseline then, about 3rd week of flower feed cal mag so your a bit ahead of the game.

My advice on building run off support is make it as short as possible that’s still easy to pull, a baking pan or whatever you choose to use to collect, out from under so you can empty it without spilling.
Secondly place the supports in the right spot so again you can easily pull the collection pan out.
That being said use something strong so the plants don’t sag a cheap mesh or thin boards.
Also keep in mind the mosture so if you use wood make it out of treated /cedar.

Finally sorry about their height aside from the rack, you can always prop them up with a secondary support or a clean paint can or anything really.

I’m here so ask away. Looking good and sounding good man

2 Likes

Alright wanted to do quick update on grow. It’s funny to me I’m off for 2 weeks and I seem to have less time to be on forum than when I’m working. Got other light built and fired up. Running both at about 75%. At about 20 inches. Lux reading 32000. With Both lights running temps have increased up to 85 degrees. Went ahead and turned on A/C unit keeping temp at 79f. I decided to water with FF Big Grow at half recommended dosage. Didn’t do a run off test. On next watering I’ll do run off test. I was wanting to do something about raising pots up. After considering options I realized this was going to be a problem. Normally I would only be growing 4 plants at a time. I have enough GDP left from last grow to last hopefully through this grow, but I wanted to make sure when this grow is done I’ll have plenty of GDP and the green crack to last through next grow. Since I am growing 7, I decided just to set pots in trays and raising them with 1/2 inch pvc. Not idea, but will suffice for now. On this grow I’ll probably go a little shorter on veg and go to flower sooner. I think I’m starting to ramble on a little to much. Like most, I’m going to be busy the next few days. If anybody has any suggestions please don’t hesitate to let me know. Hopefully everyone has a Merry Christmas.

16 Likes

That is nice, clean!

4 Likes