Bugs close to harvest, what should I do?

Baney this rainy humid hell has been the bane of my existence!! My first ever plant is in flower too but behind yours.
Ive been cutting off all leaves with stems and blowing a fan on my plant daily. ( yes i drag a fan outside and extension cord!) I also put an umbrella over my plant everyday when it rains! Otherwise the soil would never dry out. Right now I have algae on the bottom of the fabric pot! That cant be good.
:disappointed_relieved: And u know how these guys get a semi over big, dense buds?? Well my goal has been to try to make my entire plant larfy! Loose and open to air flow. That is why I have left tons of colas/branches growing. Since I mainlined my plant, i was supposed to trim away all but 8 branches/colas.

You might be surprised at how little larf you get and nice buds instead… if they get light, they will perk up and grow! It’s made that way… you are exposing the bud sites to the light so you’ll get bigger “larf”… :nerd_face:

The larf I leave on my plants now, looks like the buds the dispensaries around me sells! :thinking:

1 Like

Im worried if they get big and dense Ill get bud rot.

1 Like

Not the way you take care of them and make sure they have sufficient air flow! You are doing really great, imo! :nerd_face:
I just shake mine when the rain stops! :rofl:

1 Like

Lol tx kap!!

1 Like

I keep a couple of gallons of denatured alcohol around for a lot of reasons.

Kaptain covered well. Just cut out affected flowers, be generous.

4 Likes

I looked through all the pics. I’m not convinced it’s bud rot.
I think the peroxide spray may have dried out the tender solo calyx, at which point they became wet and have started to decompose.
There’s def some rotting of sections where leaves have been cut, and that’s an easy entry point for botrytis, but botrytis will actually secret an enzyme and enter on its own.
Keep your tools sterile with alcohol.
Monitor your plant daily, or even multiple times a day.
Watch for strange browning of random sugar leaves poking out from the buds. Like one of these.

It wouldn’t hurt to gently look inside a bud or two. Sometimes it lurks.

4 Likes

Pull on suspect leaves and dig in where they come out of, it might not be rot.

If it is rot, cut out affected areas, do a bud wash after.

Caterpillar damage can cause rot, check for those!

3 Likes

As I said before, I think bud rot starts from the inside. So if it’s only on the outside, it might not be. But I could be wrong. I just know what bud Roy looks like, and that looks similar, but doesnt mean that’s what it is. @AAA I think was right. Check in the nug around the area. Should at least let you know if its bud rot for sure or not.
Although I like the theory @Drinkslinger said of you maybe drying it out damaging it and decomposing parts. That one sounds to me, if it is correct, that it would look similar to bud rot, due to decomposition. But again, I may be wrong…

1 Like

When I first found it on my plants I harvest right away. Had all cloudy trichs so wasn’t a big loss. However had many plants not close to harvest. You can remove the bud rot and surrounding plant matter and just let it keep growing. Treat with the h202 spray. If more buds show signs and they probably will, just remove that as well. Bud wash at harvest and all will be fine minus loosing some buds. Just took out my last 2 plants and managed to get them another 3 weeks to rippen.

1 Like

Just a reminder about fans outside

Not to mention that bud rot spreads via spores. If your plant is infected, a.fan blowing across them is literally helping to spread the botrytis. Lesson learned.

1 Like

I just saw this. Ty @Drinkslinger!!
:+1:t3::person_cartwheeling:

1 Like