Bugs close to harvest, what should I do?

Monkeys underpants !!! Lol with a name like that it’s got to be fun! Sure add me. That’s awsome man, I’ve learned so much on this first one. I have smoked for years and had no idea honestly the complexity and art behind it. Truly a art.

1 Like

@Tenga @Baney
I’m in the Sebring area of Florida. We do have medical flower but you can only get 2.5 oz every 35 days. And honestly it’s usually 50$ an eighth for anything over 20% alot of the 30$ eighths are 12% it’s a joke. And edibles are legal but covid pushed them back. They’re trying to get set up to sell them. But I got a magic butter machine. So I make my own budder. I got some ak47 autos and zkittle autos are coming Monday but I need some ffof and a few other things. I got a really ghetto grow going on with one of the ak seeds though. Lol. But I’m gonna do a grow journal on each of the others once I have the ffof and my meters and the ff trio. I’m so excited but I couldn’t wait and now i have a tiny little thing growing in some compacted dirt. Lmfao.

2 Likes

Still worth it!!!

1 Like

Things got a little weird in here while I was gone with jedi cockroaches and all. I feel like I missed out on some inside jokes here… now I’m the oddball in the group. Lol.

1 Like

@Shaggy hey man it’s the journey not the destination. But in this case it might be the destination!!! Sounds like you got a good map laid out of where to go and sounds like you know what your doing. How bout those edibles? You ever try, boy do I have a story on that one, but i better not tell that one. Heard they are potent. Budder machine? Like canna butter?

1 Like

@Shaggy come in here sideways. I’ve not smoked a drop today got me rollin :joy: Man it went from weed roaches to fightin roaches in .2 seconds. I don’t if I should apologize or say thank you…lol :laughing:

It’s called the magic butter machine. It’s amazing. Makesbutterr, oil, tinctures, all sorts off fun stuff. And I make pretty potent brownies from what I hear. I have a high tolerance and they dont mess me up… but 3 brownies in and I’m giggling a lot. Cant wait to make some budder with my clippings after I got a good yield. And yea, I grew like 4 plants before with just soil and water and they came out okay just small yield. But that’s when I started to learn and research. And a year later I pretty much know, just gotta actually do it. But I’m broke as a joke. So I’m waiting on a good medium. Waiting for ph and tds meters the ff trio and some florakleen and I’m gonna try to give it another fo with 1 of each auto. Should work a lot better. And the trio should last awhile since I hear the FFOF will get me through till flowering.
I’m excited. Hopefully I get some great yields.

@Baney I’m picking through stems cleaning them to roll just to smoke. Lol. Which usually I use for to help my budder. I put like an oz in just stems. Then I usually put like a quarter of some lesser quality bud I’ve collected from the streets and like an eighth of medical and an eighth of some fire street bud I’ll get. Just a hassle to decarb even with the decarb box I got. And covid been messing stuff up. But the jedi roaches… I wish my roaches were jedis… they’re just burned up blunt paper though… =(

@Shaggy @Tenga @kaptain3d Fast foward the 1.5% peroxide spray took care of my bugs. I believe I’m right at end of harvest. I can’t find anything online about this. Not sure wat these are called but i have a few on one plant that are dead or dying can pick off and roll between fingers it’s not mush but it’s dead or close to it. Rest of plant looks good any ideas?

1 Like

To me, and maybe I’m wrong
But looks like the start of bud rot. BUT I thought that started on the innards of the nugs… so I’m probably wrong.

@Shaggy wat I was afraid of. Thinkng of bathing it in peroxide bath and harvesting it. Is it safe to harvest around bud rot ?

Not sure, is that bud rot?? @Budbrother @Bow4Buck

@kaptain3d can u pls post that bud wash video?? The peroxide one.

Hi Baney!!! Gj getting rid of the bugs!!
I’ll let one of these other guys tell u what to do cuz i dont have experience with harvest yet.

I tend to agree with @Shaggy, that seriously looks like the beginning of bud rot…
Maybe @Covertgrower could suggest some solution, maybe… :pray:

Here it is Sahiba!

1 Like

Merci beau coups mi garcon caliente!
:+1:t3::sunglasses:

@Amazon66 this is that newish thread and new friend I was telling u about.
His plant was loaded with bugs and he successfully dealt with that. But now looks like he may have some mold.
Baney, meet Amazon, aka, Rena. Shes extremely nice. One of my fave people on the forum. :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

Hello Rena! @Amazon66 @kaptain3d @Shaggy @Tenga I really appreciate all the help along the way. First ever grow, I thouht I lost these plants to bugs. Looks like now I may have some rot. That video looks great, trying that 100% Also serious question here, can you pluck off the dead and the rest of bud still be good? Here’s some fresh pics. Also will add strain unknown. According to my notes Today makes 11-12 weeks of flower, Mabe I left too too long? All milky tri’s tho couldn’t find one amber and also humid weather and lots rain. She is dry and covered now

1 Like

Yes you can, but be generous in your cuts… take the rot and the surrounding parts away and you might be good. But take it all away, even if you lose most of your crop. That thing will spread fast and ruin everything if you’re not discriminate! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Clean your knife or clipper blades off with alcohol during this process.

Kap should he harvest now
??
Hes prob gonna say yes.
@Drinkslinger, any thoughts on this??
Its Baneys first plant, outside, looks like he has a mold issue going on.

2 Likes

If it’s far enough in flower, I would say sure… but otherwise I would check with a more experienced grower before harvesting… see what they say! :nerd_face:
@dbrn32, @Covertgrower @AAA, what do you say?

1 Like