Bud rot? Buds turning brown and crumbling!

I do a safe wash on all of my trees and so far i havnt had any nasty looking water a bit scummy on top but nothing bad at all. Think its basically dust i see

2 Likes

Haha I need to tighten up then. Mine has a ton of oily stuff floating on top.

1 Like

Ive seen a slight oily layer but thats about all really. Ive seen a video of a guy wash his and had white foamy looking stuff on top after. Not horrible but it was pretty nasty lol

1 Like

So I guess I’ll just pitch these plants. A lot of crumbling areas.

1 Like

@Graysin @PurpNGold74 @Mark0427 @Capt.Cola @Eagles009 Hey guys I’m in central New York and we had a lot of rain in September especialy the last couple weeks. I have 6 girls outside, I cut all the fan leaves off of 2 of them and I cut a lot on the rest. The 2 i tried getting all of them seem like they are bigger colas and they also look like there maturing faster the pistols have more amber then the others. They kind of look burnt brown though now and still have mostly white. So I was inspecting them and I noticed I had a few colas that had bud rot. I cut them off and I’m not seeing anymore but I’m worried it’s going to spread and rot before they are ready for harvest. Any ideas or suggestions to what I should do?I’m pretty sure it was from all the rain we had here but I’m such a newb and this was my first grow where I defoliated so many fan leaves. I just snipped right were the stem meets the leave and now I have hundreds of stems turning brown and black on every one I cut. I went through and tried to knock them all off but some are to short right at the top of the colas so they are not sticking out there kind of inside now. So I’m not sure if the bud rot is from the rain or these rotting stems everywhere. I’m panicking as what to do now I figured I was so close to harvest but I still dont see much cloudy or any amber trichs yet i started tht in early june they started to flower in August they are fem photos.

1 Like

Cut out anything that may be affected if you didn’t already get it all. Then treat with Peroxide and water, or a rot control product like Agrowlyte. Spray them liberally top to bottom and then get a fan blowing on them til they’re dry after the dousing. Others may chime in with better advice but that would be my approach and likely will be how I handle my outdoor gal when it’s nearing harvest.

1 Like

Tysm @Graysin my growmie been helping me since day 1 I appreciate you very much thank you sir. I’ll go through and check again make sure to cut it all off hopefully. I’m going to get a bottle of this growers ally fungicide spray for plants thats on Amazon. I’ll spray the peroxide/water hopefully today if I get home before dark. Again tysm you are the best :beers:

2 Likes

Do u have pics of these brown buds. Are they dry feeling or just brown and moist feeling. If they r dry it won’t do a thing because it’s bud rot if it is brown in a few spots like in patches u may be okay to cut the bad out wash it and leave it. Pics will tell a 1000 words for something like this.

1 Like

@Mark0427 I didn’t take pics but here they are 2 days after I cut them out. This is all i could find from 2 +10ft plants outdoor.

Here is what the rest look like that are fine, there starting to get color

2 Likes

Nice. Good eye too as some just don’t catch that on buds til way too late. When I dry my buds I break them all down after they r dried I don’t leave them as big buds I break it down to small buds as I strip each section off til they r all about the same size buds and I can inspect every piece of the buds for bad spots.

2 Likes

Ty sir i appreciate you very much

1 Like

@Graysin @Mark0427 @Capt.Cola @PurpNGold74 @anyone
Im having a issue with a lil bud rot growing outdoors. So when looking into that issue I read that these white spots on the leaves are from insects or mildew. Originally they had some oily rainbow spots on the leaves, like when oil is sitting on top of water. I don’t see those rainbow oil spots anymore. Now I see these white spots all over. I figured it must be from the stuff I’m using Citric Acid, Silica Blast, DE on top of medium and Jacks 321. Now after seeing pics that look very similar I’m thinking this is maybe from insects or mildew. I don’t see any insects or dots underneath there is some web sites I can see other then that I don’t see any mildew on the buds or underneath the leaves just on top.

1 Like

@Lacewing @Caligurl @JaneQP @merlin44

Sounds like spider mites (webby stuff) or bud rot (fuzzy mold can look like webs).

The stuff on your leaves sure looks like wpm. Tagged those fine growers to get a second set of eyes.

Treatment for Wpm and bud rot is the same - sanitize. Hydrogen peroxide or a crop wash of some kind (agrowlyte or other) to kill the spores and protect your plants from further damage

2 Likes

Agreed…

2 Likes

I haven’t fought WPM yet. But I did my morning plant check and my MAC has bud rot. I chopped off the top of one cola.

2 Likes

Thnx growmies I appreciate you all so very much. I sprayed em good with peroxide hopefully good enough time will tell.

3 Likes

The hydrogen peroxide mix seems to already dried up and the white spots are still there. Is that normal or does it go away if treated properly?

1 Like

That looks like classic WPM. Agrolyte and/or PureCrop1. I say and/or because
You can mix Purecrop1 with anything I believe or use it as a stand alone (same with Agrolyte)

3 Likes

WPM for sure
I work in a commercial grow operation and it’s everywhere …it’s actually starting to become 3 dimensional and I think smiling at me while I defoil …

This will totally work and read all about it …this is also a concentrate so very little mixed into a continuous mist sprayer the hand pump kind works very good …it’s all about getting the right droplets and really covering the leaves too and bottom …
I never have had to …but this can be sprayed on flowers the day of harvest if needed …it’s plant oils and probably baking soda

AgroMagen, GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide, Organic Natural Miticide, Fungicide and Insecticide, (1) 8.5 fl.oz.) Amazon.com

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss !!! I feel your pain

3 Likes