BobbyDigi’s Never Ending Story

Thanks man! It wasn’t the no power that sucked. It was the 20* temps that was the hard part. We’re not built for that down here. Luckily my plants were pretty much done, except the veg plants. But they should bounce back after a few days.

2 Likes

This is what 6 hrs of no power did to my babies, they ain’t bouncing back, but my temps were in the 40’s not f, Celsius, with the heat mat on, they had no chance :hot_face:

1 Like

Oh wow, can’t like that. They definitely do better with low temps than high temps.

:laughing::rofl::laughing:
I didn’t like it much either :laughing:
Plenty more beanz where they came from and I learned that I don’t like the grow bags, so the sacrifice earned me some knowledge…

2 Likes

Sorry Bobby!! How early do you think you are?? And where are you?

1 Like

Tough deal. I can not imagine dealing with that. I hope you your water supply, plumbing etc. was not frozen. The sad thing is, how can absolutely critical electric supply systems be that fragile.

1 Like

They were pretty much done. Was going to cut them this weekend anyway.

Texas is on their own grid so they can avoid certain federal regulations. Think we just found out the downfall with that. Something was seriously overlooked and/or mismanaged and the investigation should reveal what that was

1 Like

Yea I was a little slow to connect the dots, but I just read some things about the weather and the power failure. Glad you and the ladies are OK!

1 Like

I did not know it was independent of the national electric power grid until this all happened. I guess there are a lot of sayings that apply: pay me now or pay me later, penny wise and pound foolish are a couple that come to mind. Curious to see if any liability for all of the damage falls on ERCOT or the PUC? Very sad.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re hearing so many conflicting reasons for it. It works 99.999999% of the time but this has killed 60 people so far with, I’m sure, more to be found dead in the coming days. At least they’ll find their failure and get it fixed so it doesn’t happen again.

1 Like

Most recent excuse i heard was the gas company did not winterize the lines so we cant start the Peak use turbines.
Among other frozen excuses for the nuclear facility
0_o

1 Like

Skunk and jack herer still drying. We’re on day 11. Boss hog and strawberry blue made a good recovery after no light and 40* indoor temps for 4 days. This was them 10 days ago and now

5 Likes

11 days drying. 4 days no heat kind of slows the drying process down a bit. Glad the girls made a nice recovery. I have a little NL drying. I have actually put the dry box in the garage for a couple of hours the past couple of days. It has been mid - upper 40’s so take advantage of it. It smells fantastic. Today is day 7. It will go into jars tomorrow.

2 Likes

They were cut and hung 3 days into that so they only had one day of drying in those temps. I think the sheer size of them slowed the process down. I’m down for them to take another week. Really not looking forward to trimming these. They are really leafy plants and it’s going to be a real pain.

1 Like

After 14 days they finally dried out. Cut up skunk yesterday. She smells like someone shoved a lemon up a skunks squirt hole. She gave up 249.2 grams.

Jack Herer was an absolutely miserable experience trimming up. She was so leafy and it took for freaking ever. She smells like grape soda. And I don’t mean “she has hints of grape”; she smells exactly like grape soda or, depending on where you’re from, grape pop. She gave up 291.6 grams. So finally hit 1 pound for two plants. Think I’m going to stick to the 4oz plants. A lot less to trim.

8 Likes

Damn that’s purdy.

2 Likes

Monkey’s Underpants my friend,
Simply stunning, excellent structure :v:

3 Likes

My first thought was that I would like to see that, then I realized I really would not!

Sounds delicious though, the weed that is!

5 Likes

It looks good now, nice job!

2 Likes