Blondies First Grow

Drywall walls and ceiling, frame in a door, etc

1 Like

Understood. Are 6x6 grow tents readily available? I donā€™t remember ever coming across any

1 Like

I found an Ipower 80x80x78

1 Like

Closest I could find

1 Like

You could do something like 4 260xw kits in there, if you wanted to stay with qbā€™s. If youā€™re up to a custom build, four fixtures running 560mm strips would work too.

1 Like

Guessing the DIY would be less than the 4 QBs

1 Like

I grew for years in a box I built out of 1" Styrofoam. It had double swing out doors and was simply awesome. I miss it. If you needed a hole somewhere; just get out a sharp paring knife and cut one. Insulated, cheap, quiet, convenient etc.

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t go on brick very well without gluing it down :pensive:although I do like that Idea

1 Like

Itā€™s freestanding. You tape and pin the major joints with wire staples. I put mine on a 4 X 6ā€™ piece of plywood with casters on it so I could roll it around the garage if needed. Cost was less than $75.

3 Likes

1" 4ā€™x8ā€™ plywood floor with 1 sheet of bright white (frp) fiberglass reinforced plasticā€¦
And 1" foam walls with 2x3 studs ā€¦
Not sure what would be cheaper and easier for youā€¦
As far as systems go , this is what I use to flower in with 6 plantsā€¦
Holds 18 gallons of solution and only has 4 points that could possibly leakā€¦

The 5 gallon jug was just incase I needed to leave town for a couple of daysā€¦
That was when I first built them , now they are hooked up to my ro system with swamp cooler floats , I only go out every 3 or 4 days just to make sure that all of the electrical stuff is still working , lights , fans , exc and to feed or check ph ā€¦
My outside temps can reach 125 degrees and I donā€™t use a chiller or a heater in my resā€¦
1 bucket is for 4 frozen 2 liter bottles which I barely useā€¦
I can give you more info if neededā€¦
These are super easy to clean once you harvest alsoā€¦
Best system Iā€™ve seen and built and Iā€™ve been around and seen alotā€¦ :+1::wink:
@PremiumBudzBlondie
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

@peachfuzz stay tuned , very interested in more info. Let me get this room setup then will go from there on the Hydro setup.

@Myfriendis410 Genius I say pure genius, will need your assistance for the room construction please

@dbrn32 space will be 8ā€™x8ā€™x80" can you wizard up your expertise on a DIY light that would be absolutely superb for this area

@Grundo is that blue lab PH/TDS/EC/Temp meter worth the $250

3 Likes

Well all as you can tell itā€™s time to put my big girl pants on and start reconverting this roomā€‹:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410

So with this room, I will also have to do the ceiling, so was thing long roofing nails with the plastic things on them ?

1 Like

I used irrigation staples. You know; the wire thingamajig bent in a ā€˜Uā€™ and about 6" long. Just shove through and duct tape over it. The Styrofoam cuts with a sharp paring knife (I use a wicked sharp fillet knife). When you pull the joints together they kind of conform to each other; rendering it light-tight. I put my lights in the ceiling and brought my plants up to the lights. Itā€™s a neat technique because it puts the plants at an easy working height when standing. I ran plywood over the top, painted white, with some gussets screwed on to make more rigid. I also took a piece of rigid conduit and formed it across the doorway to support things and ended up removing because the roof plywood did just fine. I installed magnetic catches on the doors which were hinged to a couple of strips of wood on each corner. However; you could run a piece of plywood across the whole top with gussets and simply hang lights from it. As long as walls are plumb and square itā€™s amazing how much it will support.

If you save your cutouts and any small pieces, they glue back together with plain old Gorilla Glue good as new. So you can move intakes, fans, exhausts etc and if you donā€™t like it then plug with original piece and a few drops of glue.

https://www.amazon.com/6-Inch-Galvanized-Garden-Landscape-Staples/dp/B01G2WIPIS/?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

@PremiumBudzBlondieā€¦in my opinion, absolutely, hands down worth it! I just look at my 2 monitors and a quick glance tells me everything I need to know every time I go down there.

But if your only doing a couple plants in a res probably not worth it for you.

That escalated quickly. Like four 4x4ā€™s?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 No a whole room lol! It sure did, going to town to get the foam board , adhesive and such. Will send update photos tomorrow. Now the trick is how to get all this with a car lol.

@grundo Iā€™m thinking 4 55gal or 38gal totes but will have to @peachfuzz more and figure out the setup, going to attempt to build my own RDWC setup using those totes, so similiar to peachfuzzā€™s setup just bigger totes.

@Myfriendis410 will be doing the foam board room setup then covering the foam board with mylar

3 Likes

How much of it do you plan to use for plant canopy opposed to room for access?

1 Like

The Styrofoam Iā€™m talking about is metallized on one side; you donā€™t need to do anything else.

Hereā€™s my old journal; it should give you some insight into my grow space. Youā€™ll have to wade through a bunch of crap but thereā€™s some good pictures in there.

5 Likes