Bel's Critical Mass SOG

So this the lookah pro.u r talking about. I have new coils for mine I believe mine r quartz tho. Havnt had to change one yet. Only used it like 6 times lol. I’m more for the torch and nectar collector it works good but don’t get hot enough for me and to get a nice solid hit it is just not enough for me. Do u use it with the setting for dabs?? Not saying anyone is stupid some just don’t read directions like my neighbor and smoke it regular on the lowest setting .and think it’s broken lol. I said they have directions for a reason on these things dude. 5 clicks powers on and off the device. 2 clocks changes the heat settings and 3 clicks sets it to warm up and have it ready for wax. It pre warms for 15 seconds then will stay on for 10 to 15 seconds to smoke works great for small hit takers or on the go travel hitter lol.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been using it on the DAB setting (3 clicks). I’ve used min a lot already lol. The gal at the shop told me about every 30 days with regular/high use.

When I put on the new Ceramic ones and turned it on, it smelled like burning plastic. I tried for a full day hoping the smell would mellow out but it did not. Put the old quartz back on and viola! All better!

3 Likes

Yeahhhh…

I thought the ceramic one smelled pretty funky to me, too, just sitting there next to her smoking out of it. (That’s the one that it initially came with.)

Her replacement box was quartz, so those are definitely smelling much better. :+1:

She likes hers on the highest setting, too. (Isn’t that the last one, where the light turns white?) She says it works much better for her that way.

1 Like

Well…

Here’s the indoor garden of bliss today… day 41 can’t come soon enough for that next defol. (This coming Saturday, I believe.)

This one in the 7 gal pot is getting to be an absolute hairy beast. I’ve had to stake her (man, this CM strain has some heavy dense buds, they were falling all over the place) and I had to stake one of the others, next to her, as well. All thirteen still going strong though. Getting harder to reach the ones in the back now.

Picked just a few leaves here and there, (very few) and still getting a little rust on some tips, but the buds are looking pretty good. Even getting some brown/amber-ish hairs now on a couple of them.

My usb phone/laptop ready microscope should arrive today, any time… O Yeah! Can’t wait to look at them though that!!!

Uploading: 20220105_111727.jpg…
Uploading: 20220105_111630.jpg…
Uploading: 20220105_111623.jpg…
Uploading: 20220105_103810.jpg…
Uploading: 20220105_103737.jpg…

1 Like

Ooops… (guess those didn’t load)

5 Likes

Smelling taysteeeee…

9 Likes

This one bud is getting huge…

7 Likes

Beautiful buds u got going on. Real beauties mam

1 Like

Thank U!!! :grin::heart:

1 Like

Your Purple Haze on the BOM thread is looking BOMB, BTW!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley: :metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

wow

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Looking great! Gotta love new flavor!

1 Like

Very nice… check out my Maui on the scrog table grow… just fixing to take off under the net

1 Like

This was my ilgm banana kush sog

5 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

I got my camera!

Here’s the first couple of shots of the trichs from my plant that looks the closest so far… a little cloudy? A LOT of amber hairs.

I read on the reviews on the ILGM page for this strain, that some people had harvested as early as seven weeks, and that generally most were at about 8.5 weeks or so.

I think it’s still going to be a bit of time. But I think a couple of plants are are ahead of the others.

I’m a bit hesitant to defoliate any more, after all I’ve been reading? I don’t want to mess these up! But the largest bushiest plant, is going to need something at least. The others are looking pretty good as they are, as far as airflow goes.

Does anyone just… let their plants go, until harvest, without defoliating any more??

Anyhow… first shots… going to try to set up a more sturdy table to take some more soon.

20220106_14_29_35

20220106_14_29_15
20220106_14_28_58

7 Likes

Okay, here we go.

To flush or not to flush; a fiercely debated topic.

(Haha.)

Been researching. Probably did 6-8 hours of read time yesterday, here, and then in other places, on this topic. & Oh boy. The variety of answers.

(Not trying to open that proverbial can of worms, really. But I do have… a couple of questions, while I’m preparing the dry room for this next harvest.)

So what I’m understanding is this: flushing is different than just “feeding with water,” before harvest. Also, I’m getting the sense that “flushing” isn’t truly, absolutely necessary. It seems that there are a few studies that show this. But anyhow. Seems like some do it, and some don’t.

But my question is this: if you are going to select harvest (a few buds at a time, when they are ready before others), and you are growing in coco, do you really only need to water for a day or three with your regular, Ph’d water, before harvesting anything? Do you even need to do that? Also… is the Ph’d well water that I’m using okay for this purpose, safety-wise, for ingesting, if I don’t do that? (Using Ph down.) What’s going to show up in my bud that I might not want? I’ve read sooo many different things and opinions on this subject. White ash, black ash, the myth of either even being a thing, stuff showing up in your buds that you don’t want, stuff that’s going to be there anyway… no matter what you do, and so on. This harvest will be used for smoking, vaping, and edibles. (And perhaps some dabs, if I can manage to learn how to do that and procure the equipment.)

Here’s the thing I personally wonder about, for my immediate purposes and plan.

If you do decide to select those few buds and harvest them, and then let the rest plant grow to finish off the remaining buds, (which I guess is possible, I did it the last time) would you simply water (only) that one plant for a day or two, harvest those buds, and then go back to feeding regularly until the rest of the plant is ready?

I realize that I may be over-thinking a lot of things, but I do want to know about the possibilities of “chemicals” (the ones you don’t want) in your finished bud? And yes, I know that everything is pretty much a “chemical.” But it sounds like Jack’s is pretty safe, and I’m reading that some people don’t even do the water feeding thing before they harvest. Suggestions? I’m reading that you don’t really have to “flush,” with Jack’s, anyhow, but that it is a personal preference. What are some of your experiences with that?

I also noticed that some people like to use RO or distilled water only for that last water feeding regimen, but others say that that is basically starving your plant, and not to use those. In any case, distilled water, from what I understand, is Ph’d at 7, and that’s too high for what I want, I think? I like to use my well water, anyway. But I’ll do what is best.

So I use this well water, Jack’s 321, and Ph down, in coco. I keep my Ph where it should be… 5.8-6.0. Some of the buds (just a small few) already have almost all cloudy trichomes on them, while most of the others (obviously) look like they’ll need several weeks yet. I’m tempted to pluck a few of them right this second, but I won’t, yet. (Lol.)

My kiddo (yes, legally certified) tried a little bit of the bud we picked to look at under a microscope, and she said it definitely got her feeling good. I also think I may have waited too long to harvest, the last grow. (Her opinion.) So… experimentation time.

Going to play with my new camera today, and get some more shots of the plant in question.

My next post is going to be a question I have about late-flower defoliation, specifically for this one large plant that I have. (Another topic that seems to be hotly debated.) I wish I had a personal tutor to guide me through that, for at least this one plant.

Anyhow, thanks for putting up with all of these crazy questions, my lengthy, wordy posts, and thanks for bearing with me. I still have so many questions, and I want to get it right. :+1:

Grow on, peeps! More soon! :grin:

1 Like

Don’t make it too complicated. First there is a flush to wash away salt buildups. This is not water only. Water only is a final flush, and not necessary, but some folks are convinced this is necessary to wash the fertilizer from the buds, but makes no detectable difference in lab tests. I do a final flush (water only) for about the last two weeks, because it saves me money on nutrients.

2 Likes