Bag seed grow journal - platinum garlic

Mine come out as one peice like a big floppy… pair of tube socks :sunglasses:

1 Like

When you get into cloning you’ll really see the benifit to this system
You’ll look as the rack as one pot / cell and quickly fill 1 rack per light and cycle 6 racks a week and a half aprt… 1 rack per light might not be huge yield but every couple weeks you can pump out half pound to a pound with clones… skip the seedling stage skip adolescents…clones are mature as soon as they get roots 10 day to root 4 to 5 to chill 10 in forever home 25 days your flowering stagger your racks according to time… after you do a grow or 2 of same strain you can see time frames you are working with and cut and transplant accordingly… cloning is very easy you’ll get it no problem

1 Like

Nice work with the PVC

1 Like

@Nicky This is my current grow journal. It’s gonna be eclectic as shit because I’m all over the board on what I want to do. Clones of some, monster crop outdoor grow, and keeping light dedicated to autos since they don’t give two shits about light schedules. Autos are in these tubes that @fano_man has be stoked as shit about.

I’ve got a 14’x19’ space under my house (used to be a single car garage). The crawl space is always cold air and I circled the hatch in the photo where I’m pulling fresh air from. Looking in the room you are at the door. I put the exhaust fan above the door header to the left. I haven’t been running the exhaust fan due to i don’t want to pull even colder air into the room. I’m in southern Oklahoma and it’s in the 30s and 20s at night. This was before I grew a damn thing in the room. It’s not near this clean now. But it gives you an idea of the layout. I have 6 lights. I actually bought (6) of the Exhales 365 for the space. It’s still cheaper (by a lot) than going the tank, co2 charge, and all the equipment involved route IMO. But I literally have no idea what I’m doing :crazy_face:

I’ll tag the co2 results in your post and also post it in my grow too. It’s after 5 here so that means rum and coke time. Cheers!!

3 Likes

Looks like a healthy space! Nice

Update time…I’m at the grow room typically Friday or Saturday through Monday nights. Unless I’m starting a grow then… I’m there for a solid two weeks. So I got in today to see how it’s all going. I have a friend who cares for them while I’m away but this is where we are.

First for the weird surprises…
-Fuzzy mold on the stems of both of the ILGM Gold Leaf Photos. Sprayed them with some vinegar and it instantly went away. IMG_7061

-One of tube ILGM wedding cake autos is growing an effing root out of its stem. I buried it with dirt. Never seen that before.

-Most of the auto wedding cakes are doing well. but then there’s this one or two that are bizarre. Can’t remember if this was one or so of the ones that I had to remove the seed from. But i’m sure it’ll eventually grow okay.

The autos in the tube are growing faster than the fabric bag photos. Photo vs auto, maybe that’s to be expected but I’m really surprised. The bag photos are 2 weeks old and the autos in the tube are at 1 week. The soil has stayed much more moist in the narrow tubes than in the fabric bags.

1 Like

As far as the Exhale 365 bags go…

Not growing in a tent means that it’ll be harder for me to get the bags directly above the plants. For the fabric bag photos (bag seed platinum garlic and ILGM gold leaf) I made a PVC bridge that has the bag above the plants by about 8" from the bottom of the Exhale 365 bag but still doesn’t obstruct the light.

For the autos in the tubes I hung the Exhale 365 bags justified a little from the light but still about 8" from the bottom of the bag.

I am actually SUPER glad I watched a youtube video from the Exhale company because in 30s they explained how to activate and hang the bag better than the bag instructions. Bag says it takes 30-45 days for full potential on the CO2 levels so I’ll continue to update. The starting CO2 ppm was higher than it was when I first got the meter. I also bought a super cheap meter off of walmart and I SWEAR TO GOD, half of the shit is in chinese. Still seems to work well enough for this comparison.

@Nicky
Here are the stats for 1/23/2021
Time: 5:00PM CST
Room Temp: 69F
Humidity: 43%
Beginning C02 PPM: 500-515

IMG_7075

2 Likes

@fano_man tube babies are a week younger than my other 4 and growing great. They’re right between a week and a half above the dirt. Big difference a week makes. Dirt is staying moist. I ran out of PVC and I’m in a super small town so I have to wait until monday when the lumber yard opens to make something to hold the tubes. Should be okay for now, i’ve got a few old dirt bags around them to hold them upright.

This was 6 days ago.

IMG_7086

2 Likes

Good reading. I have enjoyed your post

1 Like

Good luck. You do have a lot going on. Nice big room. Nice on the home. It good to have a good place. Plus it might be a little cooler underground. If I’m not mistaken there was an article about growing below sea level in high times years ago. It made for a better grow now that just might be bullshit I can’t remember it’s been so long ago

1 Like

Nice here we go!

Precision instrument OOOOOOoooooo😸

Hope you giving those little ones a nice little breeze.

2 Likes

@Nicky your good people.

1 Like

My girlfriend would disagree depending on the moment you asked her

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

Looking good tie a rope or bungee cord around all of them they’ll stay upright

New seeds came in and I got a couple of freebies. Looks like 2 platinum gorilla and 3 mystery seeds. Man, I love a good mystery. Might need to drop them this weekend with the rest for fun.

4 Likes

My first 30 seeds were mystery my cousin that recently passed away had been collecting seeds over a couple years and when he died I found the baby food jar with the seeds and that’s what I started with… Bruce banner… dolato…gorilla glue purple haze blue cookies all kinds mixed up they all sucked as I messed em up but live and learn grow a couple of your plants growing already and get used to the regiment before you over load your self it gets hairy with different flower times and veg times coinciding with autos and mystery photo/autos

Can’t check CO2 levels until I get there this weekend but these are the last three days of progress pictures on my pipe auto wedding cake babes.

They are growing exponentially! I guess because there’s not a lot of surface area of dirt, it’s staying nice a moist. Not hardly having to water them.

Tube autos are in 2.5 gallons or so of dirt. I’ve got my photos in 3 gal fabric bags. Same nutes, same lights.

1 Like

I love it… ur in diluted happy frog right and your not giving nothing but water… wild ur still getting burn

Fu%k I gave them week 1 of advanced nutrients connoisseur grow plus b52 and voodoo. Could explain some crunchy tips :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Cest la vie. Half of em are happy enough lol.

1 Like