Bag seed grow journal - platinum garlic

I got to be honest I never grew one seed in my pipes … my reason behind that is a mother or a seed in flower occupys much more lateral space then a clone the pipes at 4x20 hold 1.6 gallons of dirt …the whole size cram and tall pots plan was to have tmskinny plants as well as skinny pots when you clone a plant at say 1 or 2 nodes
Once you get roots you really only get to about 4 to 6 nodes which is only 30 days from the day I clip the clone to the day entered the flower room …seeds take much longer then that from the day you drop a seed just to the point you can sex it and even call it a female contender … when you clone gaurunteez female , and identical Gene’s to mother I know the quality approx. Quantity and times of growth from veg to flower so the knowledge you have behind a clone system is far more valuable then variety … you dont wanna do a sog with a. Mix of strains either I did that wasent to bad but nute requirements could very unknowingly with seeds and clones strain to strain… I would stick to your pots for seeds in all honesty if you look close at my grow big plants on side were all 2 to 3 5 gallon for seeds a d all clones were in pipes you could do it but i wouldn’t cram 24 plants from seed in a 2x4 space

1 Like

Every clone I ever grew in the pipes barely occupied the whole pipe …with the pint of strait perlite on bottom really allows the feather roots to grab the perlite and the whole tube slides out dirt and perlite still in the shape of the pipe but floppy not packed like big plants get in big pots the short veg time really allows you to maximize the 1.6 gallons it’s hard to explain how clones grow they kinda grow like a side branch does …essentially that’s what it is … it’s not symmetrical like main stalk the nodes begin to stagger and so does the buds I grew them to have only 3 or 4 maybe 5 main colas and that’s it wasent looking for alot if weed per plant but was looking for quality that the root system only had to focus on a few buds instead of a massive plant where quality varies throughout a plant…you get what I’m saying?

To not so humble brag…these were my sour diesel autos I just finished. Easy damn grow. They were ILGM seeds and never had a single issue with them. They were always happpy as a pig in shit. Except one hermied on me.

About a month before harvest

Close up

And dried :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:. It is super strong. Great damn smoke.

5 Likes

Oh my I have so much to learn. Your the real GOAT :goat:!!

I’m still learning too… I have made many mistakes I know what not to do when it comes to soil…but I’m still learning I’m glad my grows didn’t cost me extra bread being purchased seed so I was quick to experiment I never purchased a seed yet in my life so I kinda wing em around u no not to much at stake when you drop 20 and your expecting half to be contenders and u wind up with 18 lol … I had to figure things out fast being in a non forgiving hot climate in florida …bug bugs bugs … gotta be on point I have had aphids , root aphids. thrips , spidermites , white fly …ridicules…
@violagirl0 that sour d looks great not alot of it but quality looks good … that’s a lil smaller then I wanted my plants but I see what you mean seeds can be skinny too

this what I think of when I think of seed growing see the bushes … I never grew an auto …I got gifted some autos ima drop after I move to fill some jars but I never grew autos before… if you got space and dont plan on utilizing your whole room I really dont see need to try and fit em in a small space if you got big space… I was trying to maximize a 10 x 10 and u got more space then that… are not trying to run all you lights? Also the racks when there that close together watering is not the easiest if you dont plan out access to the whole rack you will be watering with a funnel system … when I had my first row in front and scrogs in back I just put a 7 foot pipe into the pot and I watered it from 7 feet away if I needed to get back to screes to tuck I had to re arrange things and crawl to the back of the room if you trying to run 1 rack under 1 light it’s just not nessecarry… by all means tho I’ll help you build one but unless you need space then I wouldn’t make space you know what I mean?

2 Likes

Yeah I get what you’re saying. My lights are supposed to be 5’ spacing. Technically I had a light manufacturer run photo metrics to determine how many lights I needed for the space and it was about double what I ended up buying. Those damn LEDs were expensive and I got a hellova deal being in the lighting industry. So I need to maximize space if I want to fill the room up. The lights are on individual switches so I can turn them off when not in use but I planned on using them all this time.

I like to do a run of autos for personal use even when I have photos in the room. 16+ weeks is a long time to wait on a photo grow lol. The autos I’ve done has been so easy. No real nutrient problems and I just give them the GH trio and then humboldst G10 all through flower. The G10 i started after a couple of grows and noticed a huge difference. Really fattened them up even though it’s just usually one main cola on the autos.

I’m trying advanced nutrients for this next grow. Gonna try the connoisseur line.

3 Likes

With your pipe system, you could probably run some tubing through each one. Up the top and down the bottom of the next for watering. Not sure exactly but I’ve been thinking about it. I’m gonna try to make a pvc tube system for my autos. They’re roots are never crazy big. Bags for everybody else for now.

And definitely I’ve got a quality over quantity issue lol. Bud is out if this world from anything I’ve seen at the local dispensaries but damn if I don’t have a problem with getting more yield.

1 Like

I’m going to tag you in an auto journal… it will make you double check your methods …I’m not an auto grower and but I do know every time you make a lil mistake on anything the plant size and or quality reduce I’ve seen many plants that end up the size yours did but I see alot that are freaking trees when you do it damn near perfect I’ll let you take a gander.

And yes I thought about the watering being simplified but …unless your cloning or running all same strain needs might differ … I ran multiple strains but I grew them all 3 or 4 generations to know they tolerate the same nute mix more or less … it would duck to have a new strain be totally a super finicky plant that dont like being pushed now your whole racks watering system would be compromised for 1 plant … and if you did that I would have a bladder system that you can plug drip line into and you can pick and choose what gets what you might need to mix different levels ecslecially in autos say one starts flowering early at week 2.5 or 3 and others push past the 6 weeks marke before you will be at way different schedules… that’s another reason I dont grow autos is not being able to control your flower/ and veg cycle to coincide …u gotta get kinda lucky

1 Like

I’ve got 2 one week old platinum garlic seeds that have this kinda coloring. Surely this isn’t normal? I haven’t given them anything but phd water and they’re in coco. They’ve been in domes that I mist for humidity. What are they telling me?

Light bleaching? When do I start some low level nutes for these babes?

Well I was out all week and had a friend watching the new grow. Unfortunately, there was no growth during the week and the platinum garlic was super droopy. I moved them to their 5 gallon fabric bags in the grow room and they almost instantly perked up. They got their first round of nutes with the AN connoisseur grow A & B and a helping of Voodoo juice and B-52. Spray foam seems to be helping the room stay warmer so the little space heaters are keeping the room around 73 degrees. They’re in Happy Frog soil with added perlite.

1 Like

And for my auto experiment… I have 11 ILGM Wedding Cake autos. I usually can only get 9 autos MAX under one grow light so I’m trying out @fano_man pvc technique. I did the 4" pvc pipes but made them 30" in length. Covered the bottom of each pipe with fiberglass window screen mesh. Each pipe has a pint of perlite in the bottom. I did 3/4 happy frog and 1/4 coco with 2 pints of perlite mixed in to fill each pipe with about 2.2 gallons of soil. I can easily get 16 plants under one light. But I think I’m gonna play with how to hold them. I think i’m gonna use a 3’x3’ sheet of remesh (the squares are 6") and make a frame for it. Bottom would have a smaller mesh for the pipes to sit on so that I can drain. Gonna definitely put wheels on the frame as well. Stay tuned for final product. Roots on these guys are looking good. Transplanted them and gave them first nutes. Humidity is kinda low so I’ll keep them under dome for another week or so.

Got my idea for the mesh frame from a rolling architectural plan cart I have in my garage.

3 Likes

Wow I am utterly flattered that is so cool you did that :star_struck::blush: you are a very ambitious person and I’m glad to be part of your progress now you REALLY got my attention :wink:

1 Like

Definitely get them in your racks asap …when your moving them in and out it’s a real heart breaker to drop them because they dont settle when they drop the pvc almost makes them wanna bounce and on the bounce is when the stem snaps so be warned I’m sure i didn’t need to but just in case …wow in just shocked every one was calling me crazy " oh you can’t put plants that close together your not gonna have light
penetration and you gonna get mold… if your conscious of your actions you dont got nothing to worry about… look at commercial grows there plants ARE STACKED on top of each other… that’s what lollipoppin is for and the racks promote air flow being skinny :+1::+1::+1: I gotta tag a few ppl to see this
@Gremmall @peachfuzz @MattyBear @PurpNGold74 @ThcinKC my mind is all over I can’t remember who watched my pipe idea come alive but someone thought it was good idea!

4 Likes

Nobody ever said that your idea wasn’t a good idea… @fano_man
Now we get to see your mentoring skills… :wink:
@fano_man
She definitely is on your right track…
I didn’t see if this was soil or coco…
Just looked again…
So this will basically be a coco grow…
Hydro… kinda… :grin::+1:
Will be tagging along… :wink::+1::flushed::smirk::shushing_face:
Big beautiful buds ahead I see… :grin:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

First time to use happy frog soil for me. I put pure happy frog for my fabric bag grow of a couple of bag seeds (platinum garlic). It seems kinda dense and I worried about it compacting too much in 30” of tubing for the roots of this auto 30” tube experiment so I threw in coco at about a ratio of a third. Plus more perlite. Just to keep the medium loose and airy all the way down. I’ve done pure coco grows and blends of coco, soil and perlite. Pure soil is new to me. Seems so dense. But I’m learning.

1 Like

I should clarify. I started the seeds in pure coco. The tubes are majority happy frog soil with some coco to keep it loose for the roots to grow down through the narrow tube. When I plopped the transplanted seedlings in the top of the tube, you’re seeing coco in the photo. You can see the tubes prepped with happy frog/coco before I dumped the transplants in this photo.

1 Like

Yall were supportive I had a couple locals have mixed thought about it but smart minds dont listen to nay sayers a good idea is just a good idea till you ride it out … glad to see another person follow my thoughts I thought about trying to market them it could be done and shipped pretty easy with grow bags made by a company custom to be tall and skinny and kinda hook into a fiberglass or lexan or plexi glass frame that easily clicks together but I dont got the means to plan all that out but It could be marketed with some feild research behind it

1 Like

Once you harvest your first plant you will see how little of the soil gets occupied like this every single plant I harvested had monthes left of growing room but that wasent needed because the idea behind it was for quick turn around but I should remind you you dont wanna grow huge plants in this it’s to quickly get a full canopy by bunching a lot of smaller plants :sunglasses::v:

The roots I’ve seen in my autos aren’t expansive. Just over two gallons of dirt in theory is plenty. Plus it’s a tap root system (basically). It’ll grow long and down primarily with some fibrous content. I’ll be curious to see how they fill the tube down. After I get an idea, I might switch from watering from above to watering from below after a couple of weeks to get them to seek out the water 30” down. If they get too bushy, I’ll try to encourage them to stetch by raising the lights.

Giant photo grow…this is not. But autos? Pretty sure it’s gonna be good.

2 Likes