Autoflower topping, training...?

Hello all,
So I’ve decided to try some autoflower seeds. First time. I have a few questions others haven’t answered. Simple questions, I’m sure;
All autoflower are feminine, no? Does the short life cycle not lend itself to topping, fimming, training? Also, with a short cycle is one confined to a certain size container for soil i.e blooms before rhizosphere can “fill out” a certain size container?
Forgive me my long list of questions. I’m just excited!

2 Likes

Welcome to a great forum. While I’m not the most experienced, many growers did some type of training to great success. LST and topping were very common.

Great variation to pot size but mostly 3, 5, 7 gallons from wht I’ve seen here.

Don’t know about the other two questions, sorry. I believe autos are all femanized… At least from ILGM.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Hey man, Im dee. I can’t speak for all, but I know og kush autos respond really well to one topping when all other variables are constrained.

1 Like

Thank you. You just saved me an hour of watching cheesy utube videos!

2 Likes

Not sure about other stores but ILGM claims all their autos are feminized. Again, not sure if that’s true of all autos.

Not at all. I LST’d the hell out of mine and also topped. No side effects whatsoever

As @PP3121 said, 3-5 gallon pots are best. Mine are in 5 gallon fabric pots.

3 Likes

I did lst with my autos, has worked out well.

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! I like to use 5 gallon fabric pots for autos. If you choose to fim or top autos try to hit them at 4 or 5 nodes. It is important to get them off to a good start. Personally I choose to fim autos one time. Makes a nice even canopy .
Happy growing

2 Likes

@OooWee1184 Wow!!! Thank you for making sense of my rambling run-on questions. Very concise comprehensive answers. @deerealiss1 @TheBeardedStoner @kellydans @PP3121 y’all are awesome! Everyone has made me much more comfortable embarking on a new adventure. After so many years of doing something one way, even “easy” tasks can be daunting.:pray:t3::pray:t3:

3 Likes

Yo, Happy Herb here. Going to experiment with LST, topping, FIM & SCROG for 1st time this summer on my 4th WWA grow.
Outdoors, cool climate (late spring & early fall frost potential). Haven’t had really good yields, only a few ounces from 3 plants. Think I pruned too much last time.
Glad to find this forum, hope to learn from your sage advice!

1 Like

Jack Herer auto. A little LST. I did not top this one but I usually do.

5 Likes

Hello, welcome to the community! :wave:
I am currently growing my first autos as well. A suggestion made to me from experienced growers is you can top or fim autos, but it is not recommended if the auto has preflowers.

My autos started flowering at week 3 so I chose to lst. I am currently on week 6 from germination. So far things are going well. I planted mine in 7 gallon fabric pots and I am glad I picked a bigger pot.

Happy growing and good luck :blush:

1 Like

@Brobdab I just found 175 gallon pots on amazon. Imagine that lol They’d be like a apple tree after that. haha

3 Likes

Holy smokes! It would never fit in my grow room, lol.
I didn’t know they made pots that big!

48 Inches Wide! LOL

You’d need like 40 gallons to water it haha.

2 Likes

5 Likes

All I can think about is how much dirt you would need. Talk about expensive if you use high quality soil.

Lol well now I wanna know. Someone on here has to take up this project. I’ll donate $10 towards soil.

I’m sure I can find a 12ft light on amazon

2 Likes

Same, lol! Let me see how big a photo can get in the big ole pot.

I got cash app :woman_shrugging:t2:

Someone up for a challenge? lol

1 Like

I’m literally dying over a 12 foot light. Like, I can’t even imagine. :skull: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

bg06axt3um541

I’m picturing something like this

6 Likes