Autoflower Keeps Stretching

2 Likes

There she is. Be as critical as you want

If it where me I would get lights a little closer and maybe since it’s only one plant
I would lower center light a little and put side lights a little lower than center light and angle them towards plant for better coverage
Just what I would do

2 Likes

Wish I could help but I’m only on my second grow . What I can do is say I’m not even sure what I do that makes them grow different but mine seem to always have the opposite problem yours do . To me they look tall and whispy for lack of a better word and when the main cola starts putting on weight my guess is it will bend itself over . Mine end up to short and fat . I think I may be super cropping mine a bit to soon where you are to late I will post a couple pics to show you when I did mine

This is when I first did it and the next is just 2 days later
And this is the girls last night when I tucked them in
I wasn’t even sure you could super crop a auto I was under the impression that most things like that were rough on them because of recovery time cutting into the limited grow time and affecting your yield harshly so I learned something thanks and good luck . I will delete this if it is stepping on your thread sorry to ramble

3 Likes

I wouldn’t move it closer, as i do see 2 more led lights in there (1 to the right and one to the left) why not click all of them on instead of stretching towards the light she’d stay short and pack on more weight. Now thats just my 2 cents also dont think there is enough light for her for her budding stage causing her to stretch more than usual

3 Likes

I definitely won’t move them closer. I have a platinum P 300 which is 180 actual watts and 2 galaxy hydro 400 watt COB lights that use 200 actual watts. I just recently got them though. I’ll have 580 watts aimed at her. So I’ll keep you posted on how she’s doing

1 Like

I can tell you for sure you can get those cob lights closer I own 2 my self and have them 8 to 10 inches off canopy with no problems
And my girl are full and bushy can’t say about platinum light
But it’s your call your harvest bro

4 Likes

Hey thanks man. I need all the help I can get. I didn’t want to over do it. If yours are that close with no issue then I’ll try to move mine a little closer. How long do you leave them on for?

1 Like

Yeah for sure bro
I’ve had them grow up to 6 inches off my cobs but that’s to close lol needed to raise them
Just keep an eye on leaves they will tell you if you get to close
Question did you prune her a lot
Seems she should be more full
And that platinum light put out actual watts that it rated for right ?
In flower 12/12 in veg 18/6

1 Like

I didn’t do anything to it. Since it’s my very first attempt at growing I just pulled out a few of the bottom branches so they could get some light and open up the middle some more. The thing is 4.5 ft tall. I hope that’s a good thing.

1 Like

Yeah the platinum light is really bright. It doesn’t have the coverage that it’s supposed to though. That’s why I bought the additional lights.

Yeah I was just wondering about it because under my led light my ladies grew real bushy
I did top mine starting when the had fifth set of true leaves
Top twice before I switched to 12/12
Still think getting lights a little closer will help out
But understand your consern of getting too close
Your leaves will start to taco or canoe when lights are to close
If they start doing that you can just raise them a little or if not move a little closer till they start tacoing then back off a bit just a suggestion
Light = dense buds

2 Likes

Your plants are looking awesome bro… :smiling_imp:

:v::sunglasses: