Auto WW Cal deficiency?

anytime Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Last night before lights out I started to see very faint evidence of spots showing on the larger new growth fan leaves, so I did the foliar spray and gave the girls 2+ hours to dry.

I also noticed the EC continuing to climb. Yesterday it was 1.176 and today 20h later it was 1.217, so I’ve prepared to replace 20% (2gal) of the nutrient solution with PHd/CalMag’d/Hydroguarded water. I’d expect the resulting EC to drop to around 1.0. Is that something I should do because of the consistent EC rising?

BTW PH is at 6.1 today and that measurement was taken with a probe and verified with GH manual test. This is a rise from 5.9 over the past few days. If I am going to do the solution replacement, I’ll wait to adjust until after that.

Other than that I’ll just wait unless the experts say otherwise.

1 Like

I’m going to tag a great hydro cultivator for some help @CooterJuice

1 Like

Thanks @OGIncognito! I may switch to soil indoors, supposedly it’s much easier :slight_smile: Now I just have to figure out what I need and order it - I guess I can use all the same nutes/additives and tools.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag brother @OGIncognito here is a nice litte guide that will help you. But you have the right idea. Ec rising, ph rising meana plant is drinking more than eating. And your correct buy saying you want to lower your ec

2 Likes

Dont give up!! Once you get the hang of it its easy!!!

2 Likes

@CooterJuice sweet thanks, I guessed right lol

1 Like

I was about to ask :wink: Okay, I’ll keep on going!

You guys rock, thanks for everything!

2 Likes

Your welcome!!

Grazzy Azz Brother :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

If you ever decided to leave the hydro world, go with Coco versus soil. It’s what they call soulless hydro and you feed daily and have all the control. @CooterJuice gotcha covered on the hydro and it does produce bigger plants :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Let me ask you one more technical question. With EC climbing from 1176 to 1217 in the past day, do you think a 20% rez change is enough/too much?

2 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2: @CooterJuice

1 Like

Do we have to @ folks everytime? I assumed he’d see it.

1 Like

Yes put the @ sign. We see post if we set the parameters to watching or scroll through new post :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

That small of change isn’t bad yet. I would let them drink it down and add just water and hydroguard

1 Like

Isnt bad i meant, lol. Couldnt edit

2 Likes

@OGIncognito well it’s continuing. Below picture of the progression. As soon as the leaves mature, you can start seeing pale green areas. The day after that, they start turning yellow and brown spots. Every set a fan leaves this is happening to.

First the whole plant

The newest growth that matured yest:

Growth that matured two/three days ago:

I just tested the pH again, everything’s on point. EC just below 1.0.

Any ideas? The strange thing is the plant looks healthy besides that, it’s growing nicely. I think?

1 Like

Have you calibrated your ph pen? Have you looked with a loupe or scope to make sure there isnt any bugs

3 Likes

I just checked the worst leaves with a 30x loupe, I even removed one to check more closely and I do not see any bugs :slight_smile:

I calibrated pen again this morning, and also did manual PH test using GH drops/test tube and it was perfectly yellow.

Septoria or some mold or something?

1 Like