Auto WW Cal deficiency?

How old is solution in resevoir and what is your water level from the bottom of net pot

1 Like

@CooterJuice Did a complete solution change last Thursday from distilled water. Water level about 1-1.5" from bottom of net pot.

1 Like

@CooterJuice btw there is a second plant in the tent that is about a week younger than this one and it is doing fine so far, leaves bright green, etc, and using the same reservoir.

1 Like

Im going to tag a couple others to get there thoughts @Graysin @HappyHydroGrower

2 Likes

Thanks! Just in case the jury says I need to change the solution, I’m on my way to pick up 10 gallons of distilled water :slight_smile: and this time I’ll mix in the Cal mag first!

Thanks @CooterJuice appreciate the tag brother.

@adian009 in what order are you mixing nutes exactly and how much of each?
Can you not use your tap water?
How big of a tote/bucket do you have?
Is it rdwc or dwc?
Do you have pictures of the roots?
What’s your water temp running?
What kind of pH meter do you have?

Set to watching as well. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

First I need to thank you and everyone else, time is valuable and I owe you all “one or two” :slight_smile:

No reason to not use tap water if it’s better? I live in an area of very small towns, so our water source is three local reservoirs with little fluoride/chlorination. PPM of my tap is about 106.

• I have three bucket (two plants, one rez) RDWC.
  • Water temp is maintained 68 to 72.
  • Apera PH20 tester which can be calibrated (and is now, every few days). I should also add that since Monday I’ve been testing PH with manual GH drops/test tube as well for verification.

The first image is the larger plant obviously :slight_smile: I am also using hydroguard as prescribed.

2 Likes

I’d like to know this as well.

My knee jerk reaction is more CalMag. But I will defer until we know the answer to HHG’s question :v:

2 Likes

Ooops, forgot that part, thanks! First I’ll say again that I added CalMag last because I didn’t know it should go first :slight_smile:

System is holding just under 8gal total. I followed GHFlora schedule for week 4 in the order I did them:

• Flora Micro 1tsp/gal
  • FloraGro 1tsp/gal
  • FloraBloom 1tsp/gal
  • CalMag 3ml/gal
  • Hydroguard 2ml/gal

When I finished mixing I scooped out some white stuff floating which I very recently realized could’ve been my CalMag precipitating out. Subsequently under someone else’s guidance I mixed 10mg CalMag into 1 gal PHd/Hydroguard water and swapped 1gal out of res with it. Also did a foliar spray of at 5ml/gal CalMag. Both on Monday.

That’s it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you should run Armor Si, that goes in first.
Then calmag…. Always before nutes.
Then add nutes. I’m sure someone here can direct you to a GH formula if that’s not right…? @Graysin ?

If it’s been two days since you corrected problems mentioned above, give her a week and then notice the new growth.
I think you’re on the right tract. It’s like folks have mentioned, damaged leaves may get worse but no worries, they’ll eventually come off anyways.

Good luck and keep’em growin! Keep us updated. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Also I wouldn’t do more than 5ml / gal of calmag.

1 Like

Not I, but certainly @nodurxshn

2 Likes

Here is what I’m using today:

2 Likes

this is very important when you add armor si you need to add first which you know but you need to wait 15 mins …i wait a whole 30 mins before adding anything else …it needs more time than macro nutes to bond, if not you will produce a lockout scenario. and unpopular opinion but after adding all nutes when it comes time to stablize potential of hydrogen, dilute in RO first before adding to res …if you see your res turn cloudyy when you adjust +/- then you are making sand and it will be far too large of particulates to even enter the roots, also i wouldnt suggest feeding armor si every feeding …ok now what was the question? LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh it’s a long story :slight_smile: hey, I’m willing to soak up as much knowledge as you’re willing to transfer!!!

I don’t think I’ll be doing a water change until next weekend, giving the changes made this week time to work. All I’ll be doing this week is topping off using water with hydroguard and pH adjustment.

I’m not using armor SI right now, should I be? I just ordered some in case you say yes :slight_smile:

I’m going to start using my tap water instead of distilled based on suggestion from this thread. Do I still need to use calmag?

The growth that matured yesterday, isn’t showing any signs of spotting so she may be doing better thanks to all of you!

2 Likes

YES!!! …RO + hydroguard = win! , my feed schedule in recirculating is every 10 days, in between just top off with RO and hydroguard…maybe toss in a lil orca, my 60 gallon res drinks 3 gallons a day

2 Likes

you can supplement in veg and flower its just soluable potash …it helps strengthen the plant

i highly suggest picking up a cheap RODI system and plumbing it into your water line its easy to install and RO water is the best for your plants just strips the water down to 0 ppm, the only other water i would ever use would be rain water

LOL i still freak out when i see issues best to stay calm and keep an eye on it …also any necrotic veg i would remove it will never repair itself

1 Like

@nodurxshn I’ve done that and it it makes me feel better lol and I hope it helps her too. So those leaves seemed textbook calcium deficient and all the articles I’ve read show that calcium is best absorbed between 6.2-6.5PH. I’ve been told to try to keep PH between 5.8-6.2.

When I look at charts like these, it actually looks like the sweet spot may be 5.7 - 6.3. What is right? Or should I let it climb to 6.3 before adjusting down again?

2 Likes

dont think too hard on it, i run around 6.0 because hydroguard causes fluctuations which i prefer

2 Likes

5.8 is where I always adjust back to as my baseline. I allow my pH to fluctuate anywhere between 5.6 and 6.4 more or less - I will adjust if I check and its at or near those margins, but dont stress out about keeping it at exactly 5.8. That’s unnecessary and I think its largely a myth that cannabis is super sensitive to pH. There are a lot of factors that work together to create a lockout situation but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it be exclusively pH.

3 Likes