Auto flowering feminized sour diesel outdoor grow

I was just kidding about the switch to 12/12 I couldn’t make them flower until the sun tells them to @peachfuzz; I was thinking about hauling her though the woods back into my grow room @anon95385719 but now I’ve ran into a spider mite problem with this plant so that option wouldn’t be too good. @Sittingbull64 I’ve been doing allot of LST’ing I’m thankful there’s been no snapped limbs on my end!

3 Likes

Yeah it was just so much rain on them where they were so full of leaves…one was 36 inches long, it would have made a hell of a bud! Your’s are coming along great @Whyteboy1994

Thanks for the tag @Whyteboy1994 , Your girls look GREAT , how old are they ? My girls had a very slow start , some have picked up and are finally adapting and the growing has increased , still have a few chugging along , I noticed some brown spots on one of them , looks like something is munching, put some DE on them , seems to have stopped. I’m posting some pictures later this afternoon, if you don’t mind - Id like to tag you to get a second opinion !!!
Good Job
MB

1 Like

Yeah yours are super tall @Sittingbull64 that rain definitely weighs a handful of leave down you should maybe get a few more stakes like you’ve got in your Bruce and Crystal now. Gotta be prepared for this crazy North Carolina weather, especially with this tropical storm on the way! @MBgrower tag away I’m interested in everyone’s toxicitys and deficiency lol

2 Likes

With a large enough container, on a small enough plant, you can shorten light time. You have to be on top of placing/removing cover, but it can be done.

1 Like

Yeah thinking about it that would work that’s smart thinking @FloridaSon did you come up with that? That would be to stealthy tho

2 Likes

My dad showed it to me years ago before I knew anything about autos. It wasn’t good for me because I don’t do well with keeping track of time. Plus, what if I have to be somewhere when the cover/uncover time comes? Lol

It worked good for him. He made sure they were uncovered right before the sun came up and would cover them during the last half of the day.

The biggest problem was the heat trapped in that space late in the day, but it still produced well.

Just a possible option if you have to. It can also help with light pollution, but again, plant size has to be limited to what you can fully cover while not allowing the plant to touch the inside of the container.

1 Like

Tomorrow will be a week since I’ve paid her a visit been very anxious to get out there and see the new growth! I’m sure I’ll have to tie her down again. @Sittingbull64 you’ve grown sour diesel outdoors here in this North Carolina weather, about when should I expect pistils on my plant outdoors? Im aware the sun has to start emitting a redder light and the days must begin to get shorter. Another question for ya have you ran into any white powdery mildew or bud rot with the humidity and the rain in previous years? And if so what strategies succeeded for you the most…

P.S. - I hope you haven’t floated downstream I’m positive you’ve received enough rain for the year in your neck of the woods!

2 Likes

Yeah I have @Whyteboy1994, I spray with a mix of hydrogen proxide…9 parts to 1…and that’s for the mildew…bud rot is a different story…haven’t found a way to stop it once it starts…just have to try and stop it before it starts…it’s worse some years than others…

2 Likes

@Sittingbull64 Alright, do you remember if you had any problems with the sour diesel? I remember you said it had colas the size of beer cans or something similar to that.

1 Like

Yes they got huge and yes some had started with the bud rot but they were too close to harvest so I too em before it done any damage @Whyteboy1994

1 Like

She died…

I’m sorry :neutral_face: but just get back on the horse and try again :+1:

1 Like

Already in the saddle!

2 Likes

I kinda suspected that :grin:

1 Like