At it again. Still a rookie!

Looking good buddy. I personally would hold of on topping her for another few weeks. I don’t even know if I would top them I would probably stick to some serious LSTing.
I would also suggest putting some bio-live and humic acid as a top dressing. Sooner then later as it dose take alittle bit to work into the soil and be absorbed by the plant.
When growing a photo most growers judge the veg phase by the plants overall size. Some will put this into weeks but it’s really a personal judgement call. Some plants might veg out real fast and fill up a room while others may grow alittle slower and take longer to fill up the given space.
Happy growing…

1 Like

@Gunther11 I started using MKP you can find it on amazon as a folier spray. I sprayed on top, but it was not for the purpose of keeping the leaves moist. I started applying when plants start budding. I also run a humidifier to control humidity. As for photos my last grow was on a scrog so I let them veg until my canopy was full then flipped the lights from 18/6 to 12/12.

2 Likes

I have, but don’t typically.

I think it’s a validated method of change the natural shape of your plants. But not the only validated method. If you want to create a more bushy plant without any other knowledge/experience topping may be worth considering. But I dont personally feel the need to do it in order to reach my goals, so I don’t feel like cutting on my plants is necessary. You can usually produce the same shape of plant applying light bending and have less recovery time to deal with.

This probably more of a timing and environment issue than anything else. If your grow is dialed in and you’re getting rapid veg growth then a properly timed topping shouldn’t be too big of deal. But topped too early or late or not having your grow dialed in could have a large impact on success of your grow.

2 Likes

@Gunther11 When to put them in flower really depends on whether you’re training them and how much vertical space you have.

If you’re not training the plants and letting them grow naturally, they will pretty much double in size in the first few weeks of flower schedule. So, keep your vertical space in mind.

If your training them, under a screen, or tying them down the time line changes.

There’s a few of us who grow them under a 12/12 light schedule from the beginning.

All depends on what you want to do with them.

That being said. You can start a photo plant on 12/12 schedule but it will not begin to flower until it is sexually mature. Somewhere around 6 weeks maybe?

5 Likes

Thanks @Pinboy appreciate you stopping by and checking things out

2 Likes

You can grow photos under a 12/12 schedule?
So I can try to do a little LST an try to get a SCROG look without tipping? I can just keep lightly bending them under until I fill up whatever I think is good? I always thought to get all those colas you had to top your plant. This is only my 3rd time so I have nothing dialed in yet really. I’m trying to figure out what works best for me. And would like to keep is as simple as possible.

1 Like

As a beginner I would start with the normal light schedule, top the plants and do some LST.

Get a solid grow in like that then look at a SCROG grow.

And with a 12/12 schedule start to finish I don’t do any training. I’m not looking to get the most out of one plant. I’m looking to get the most out of the most plants :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I will sometimes even remove side branches.

I’ll tag you in my journal if you haven’t seen it, (I can’t remember whose where lol). I’m not the best at keeping details but if you have questions ask away.

2 Likes

What do you grow like to grow in? And how in the world are your stems like tree trunks lol. I’m going to have to get some pvc and make some of those screens tho.

2 Likes

Lookin good my brother :ok_hand: let them mature a little bit more before topping, if you want to top at 4th node then let her grow her 5th before doing so. Just my opinion but it works. I bake my Earth Dust base in ff ocean’s hf potting soil 15-20% extra perlite 2 weeks before i transplant on day 14 and have excellent results. An outstanding OG taught me so it’s a proven method. I wish you the best No need to worry you’re in good hands I see

1 Like

Thanks man I really appreciate you dropping in and giving your opinion. I want to soak up as much info from everyone as I can.

1 Like

2 Likes

Turn your light down please :pray: She’s telling you that by turning her leaves downward… also Don’t water next to the base of the plant… we want our roots to expand out in search of water… so water around the edges and only give her a taste, make her work… put a fan blowing on her just enough to get her to rockin a lil… she will have to make stronger roots for stability… after puberty we can water on a normal basis by watering until approximately 20%run off… I hope this helps just remember this is only my opinion that I’m sharing with you Best of luck

4 Likes

Always brother I appreciate any opinion I can get. I do have a lil oscillating fan in there to get them dancing a little bit…and you really think I should turn down my light? I have it at 70% right now.

2 Likes

On Bergmans soil feed schedule when it goes to the growtime fertilizer for those 4weeks. Are you watering with that every time you water or do you water with it only 1time per week so it would be 4x instead of however many times I water in 4 weeks? If that makes sense lmao. @Audiofreak @Pinboy @DEEPDIVERDAVE @AfgVet @MidwestGuy @HippieRunner1 @dbrn32 @Dman1969 @Low @MeEasy

2 Likes

Wish I could help but I have no experience with that program

1 Like

Intensity and HEIGHT are factors mentioned. I (and many on the forum) water by weight.
Empty weighs less than full. Learning the spread, timing and grow needs present ever changing grow dynamics, So everybody, everyday, is different. Feeding schedule is impossible for short memory. so Measuring dictates. Waterboarded a plant today and did a final read of 6.5 and 1600 for a re-veg flowering plant. Top dressed as well. Awaiter her to show for BOOSTED flowering in the next month.
As a habitual over-waterer, I am practicing restraint, sometimes. I learned to hold my breath, sometimes.DDD
Good growing to you!

3 Likes

Are you in soil @Gunther11 in soil I would feed the nutes every other watering, with plain ph-d water in between

In coco I feed every watering.

5 Likes

Yes I’m in soil FFOF

3 Likes

Feed everyday? I thaught feed one day jyst water calimag every other day

1 Like

Keep close eye on FFOF. I needed to add dolomite lime to break PH too low issues.
Didnt’ help using a broken PH pen either.
Solved both issues.

1 Like