At it again. Still a rookie!

What’s up everyone. I’m starting another grow and right now they are germinating in solo cups on day 2. I have the light at 50% at 24”. How long do you think I should keep the light at 50%? And should I transplant once the leaves are about at the edge of the solo cup.? @dbrn32 @CooterJuice @Dman1969 @MedicalGrower206 @Audiofreak @Low @HippieRunner1 @JaneQP @MattyBear

5 Likes

Really depends on how poweful your light is. If you just watch plants grow they will usually show some indication of whether they want more or less light.

4 Likes

What light?

3 Likes

As said… watch the plants. If they stretch too much give em more light. They dont need much right now so I would err on the side of less light is better

4 Likes

That’s the key question.

1 Like

Transplant on day 14 to permanent pot and leave the light where it’s at and see what your plants say. If they’re to tight on node space cut back on the power but if they stretch out to much between node space add power … just my opinion but it’s exactly what I go by. Best of luck to you :+1:

2 Likes

The light I’m using is a a MAXSISUN PB4000
@dbrn32 @DEEPDIVERDAVE @Outlaw @anon1893985 @Pinboy

3 Likes

That’s 400 watts of LED. I would have my 350R on the first notch of nine at 24" for first week above ground. You have the Photone app or any other way to measure DLI? I’d be around 15 DLI at this point in the grow. As for when to transplant I don’t know. I’ve only grown autos indoors and I start them in their final containers.

3 Likes

I just downloaded that app, I’m not to familiar with DLI but I’m interested. Solo the lady’s are in solo cup and should pop up any time now. You would have your DLI at 15 with the light at 24”. I not sure what kinda power notch 9 is but I’m at 50% 200w right now at 24”. I’m really really bad with math and don’t know how to calculate what DLI I need at what stages.

It’s really notch two of ten. 1/10 doesn’t turn the light on for some reason. That’s why I just usually say notch ?/9 when talking about power. It’s drawing approximately 80-90 watts the first week.

DLI is just a measure of light over time. Just think of it as how much light your girls are getting during lights on every day. If you swipe to the left you’ll find Photone measures DLI for you, no math required thank God. Make sure you have it set for the correct number of lights on hours. @Nicky has a good thread called “start using DLI” if want to read more about DLI.

Oh yeah…

These will get you close to where you need to be on DLI. If your girls can’t tolerate back it down. If they want more then increase it a little. I found the last two a while back on reddit I think. Turns out they’re actually from Photone’s website.

1 Like

So the first two I planted didn’t sprout so I threw two more in. They just popped yesterday and day before. Lights is at 50% at 24inches. @dbrn32 @Audiofreak @Outlaw @MidwestGuy @MattyBear @HippieRunner1 @Pinboy @DEEPDIVERDAVE @JaneQP @Newt image|375x500](upload://8baD6HEudE93kzfNjJNnhwguFVg.jpeg)

5 Likes

5 Likes

I would put a dome over them. At that age/size the roots don’t pull much moisture. The higher the humidity the better, hence the dome. Glad ya got a couple to break ground!

5 Likes

I have small ziploc bag over them now to create the humidity

3 Likes

That’ll work and they will appreciate it

How does everyone determine at what stage of the plant should the lights be turned up?

Like do you have it at 50% for 2 weeks
Then go up to 60% for how long an so on

I did a shitty job at asking the question ha

@dbrn32 @Pinboy @Outlaw @MidwestGuy @MattyBear @DEEPDIVERDAVE @anon1893985

I run mine pretty high throughout the grow. 400 – 500 PPFD for the first 2 weeks, then ~700 in early veg, then run ~1,000 PPFD until about a week before harvest. At that point the plant is solely focused on ripening the flower and doesn’t need as much light, so I’ll run PPFD back down to ~700.

Give your plants all they can take. I run 3 HLG 135 panels full on from late veg through most of flowering.

5 Likes

Going to vary some based on light and space. I never really have my light under 60-70% anymore. As plants get a little taller they are naturally closer to light. When plants are small they reside pretty much right under center of light. As the plants develop i will watch for the vertical growth to slow and then raise light and increase power another 10-15%. Will make my final increase to100% after transition.

My space is typically cooler than I’d like, so this helps me warm up some. For someone in different scenario a different approach may work better.

2 Likes

So here are the ladies so far, 2 solo cups and the bonsai pot are photos, and the clear cup in ILGM WW Auto. Not sure if the seed in the bonsai will pop, I was just messing around with that one. But so far so good. @Pinboy @dbrn32 @Outlaw @MidwestGuy @PurpNGold74 @AfgVet @Low @anon1893985 @MattyBear @Audiofreak

5 Likes